Christmas break removal Gripe/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
As has been stated earlier, Christmas is a time of celebration for large portions of the entire world, and as it has traditionally been a time of christmas peace, it would make sense that players would be respectful of other people's traditions and beliefs, and time off. But that is being a little too optimistic I guess.

Lucky, it's not selfish to want to give everyone a break from a game that is activity intensive, and disruptive to the life of many people. It's selfish to want to have no break when you are in the minority of people who don't celebrate Christmas.

Zhouj: Being asleep, and being on holiday (with the rest of the world) are two very different things. Silly comparison.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
It's a holiday like any other. By making it special you really leave out a portion of players who don't celebrate or can't. ( example - I'm 6,000+ kilometers away from friends/family so Christmas Was just another day for me) if you want a free day hit sleep/holiday mode. I didn't attack on Christmas, but I'm sure i would have if I had targets, just like any other day. I'm personally a lot busier on any normal day of the week than I have ever been on Christmas. Probably a side-effect of a large game-playing family.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As has been stated earlier, Christmas is a time of celebration for large portions of the entire world, and as it has traditionally been a time of christmas peace, it would make sense that players would be respectful of other people's traditions and beliefs, and time off. But that is being a little too optimistic I guess.

Lucky, it's not selfish to want to give everyone a break from a game that is activity intensive, and disruptive to the life of many people. It's selfish to want to have no break when you are in the minority of people who don't celebrate Christmas.

Zhouj: Being asleep, and being on holiday (with the rest of the world) are two very different things. Silly comparison.

...because you want to have seeds whilst being totally safe? Personally I hated the Christmas break everytime it happened. Traditionally Christmas Day and Boxing Day are the days I am online the most, they're the only days of the year I don't go out as I stay in with my immediate family... who I see all year. I still spend time with them but we don't spend ALL day together.
My family meet up late Dec/early Jan for a bit of merryment, this year on the 1st Jan. I don't see anyone giving me any restbite on New Years Eve when I got smashed, I then woke up 1st Jan and instantly had to get the house ready for the family and then in the evening went out for a quiz... I couldn't physically get online if I wanted, and I was drunk for about 30 hours solid. Noone gave me a break...

Christmas day isn't the same for everyone, if you can't get online and don't want to be attacked, hit sleep.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Funny how this is still going on...

I wish people would stop seeing things from a general perspective and acknowledge the fact that NOT everyone celebrates Christmas and therefore should not be made to not attack during this holiday. It's bloody ridiculous tbh. If you want to enjoy your Christmas and not want to have to log in, use sleep mode. Azzer created it for a reason, so use it and stop moaning.

Close this darn thread. It's not up to those who believe in Christmas. It's for everyone.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
But shouldn't the game cater to the majority (people/players who celebrate Christmas and would appreciate a break), not the minority (those who don't celebrate Christmas, or for whatever reason prefer to be active instead of taking a nice break)?

Max

Garden Designer
Everyone was more than happy with the Christmas break - it was more than a little surprising when Azzer pulled the whole thing for the entire playerbase to be honest!

But apparently a small minority complained about NOT being able to attack during this day, so here we are with the situation as it stands.

Ultimately, we just have to live with it now, since it is hardly on the top of Azzer's "to do" list, so we'll have to deal with it just the same as a birthday party or night in / out with friends :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well in my opinion, shame on those complainers! THAT is truly selfish behaviour. Alas. :(

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
If you want to enjoy your Christmas and not want to have to log in, use sleep mode. Azzer created it for a reason, so use it and stop moaning.

Close this darn thread. It's not up to those who believe in Christmas. It's for everyone.

I find it amusing that you post your view on here and then tell the mods to lock it, rather than just asking them to close it. ZOMG HAMILTON MUST HAVE LAST SAY

The thing is, like 90% of the playerbase are from Europe, North America and Australia/NZ, all of which are Christian, and for most of them Christmas will impact on their ability to play one way or another. You can ask them all to hit sleep mode and leave the 10 or so of you with nothing to do anyway, but why would you WANT to play bushtarion while so many others can't? How can you find it enjoyable to attack when the majority of people either can't get online or really don't want to? It seems like a rather petty mentality to me.

It was a lot easier for everyone involved when there was a Christmas peace time, when you could log in and send attacks if you wanted, and just watch the snowmen throw snowballs at each other and stuff, and there was none of this *****ing and griping involved.

Bring back Christmas peace time!

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Its selfish to want to FORCE everyone to take a day off when only so many really want it.

And its foolish to assume that only a few folks get on here on Christmas, whether they celebrate or not. There are folks that celebrate but also work away from family, or folks that are with family but aren't busy all day. Bush is the kind of game that fills the hours in-between (shouldn't be filling everything!)

You must also consider different time-zones, for some folks the break came before Christmas, and ended when they were actually WITH family on Christmas, and thus didn't get a real break.

So in the spirit of fairness, you make it same as any other day and the only people that will complain are the ones that are too stubborn to find the sleep button.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You must also consider different time-zones, for some folks the break came before Christmas, and ended when they were actually WITH family on Christmas, and thus didn't get a real break.

No it didn't. It started at noon on Christmas Eve and finished at noon on Boxing Day, so nobody was left out.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You're speaking nonsense again Lucky. It's selfish to force everyone to hit sleepmode so the minority can play. It's not selfish to give everyone a break. Please look up the word Selfish in any dictionary; you might be surprised since it appears that you're not entirely familiar with the definition of the word itself. *

If you can't find anything else to occupy you in your "downtime" while being away from family then you have a tremendous problem.

Also as toby says, the break was for everyone.

* I'll do it for you.

self·ish/***712;selfiSH/

Adjective: of a person, action, or motive. Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Please go out of your way and explain to me how giving everyone a break on a holiday that the majority of the world celebrates is a selfish act?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Its selfish to want to force everyone to have a break because YOU want it. If EVERYONE wanted it, that would be fine, but only about 1/2 of the folks posting actually want it. Do the math.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
@mrmongo

that was me attacking you on christmas day, and you did make me feel guilty/scroogie by genuinely sounding like you didnt know the rule change for christmas and I bet you never have fanactics/extremists again lol. well maybe in an allie where more than you login regularily.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Its selfish to want to force everyone to have a break because YOU want it. If EVERYONE wanted it, that would be fine, but only about 1/2 of the folks posting actually want it. Do the math.

And those who post are the only people who play this game? Come on Lucky, you know better than that. There are (theoretically) hundreds of players and only about a couple dozen active forum users. So why don't YOU do the math? If you poll the entire player base and come back with stats that prove that the majority of players don't want the break I'll stop harassing you. But until then it's a very reasonable assumption to think that most people would appreciate a break from this extremely activity intensive game on one of the biggest holidays of the year.

Just because you're unable to celebrate does not mean in any way shape or form that you are entitled to ruin the holiday for the rest of us. Once again the definition of selfish has seemingly slipped under your radar.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
You obviously don't know how statistic works..

You poll a few and use those number to determine a (loose) idea of what the majority thinks. We have a large enough basis from the forum posters to give a somewhat accurate assumption as to the opinion of the whole player-base (a few hundred folks at most)

Once again.. You fail

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
And you sir, obviously don't know a goddamn thing about anything! However, in honour of you being clever enough to hoist yourself by your own petard, I'm happy to have done the following simple arithmetic for you. :)

Those who do not support a Christmas Break:

1: LuckySports
2: Angela
3: JamesnChina
4: Septimus
5: timtadams
6: zhouj
7: DaX
8: Martin

Those who do support a Christmas Break:
1: Alcibiades
2: Toby
3: Ogluk
4: Elderveld
5: Podunk
6: Franny
7: atsanjose
8: mrmongo
9: wilymchilybily
10: Illumination
11: Elevnos
12: Max
13: lillie (thanks!)
14: flameharvester (thanks!)
15: Yochoko (HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! No I'm kidding; always been on the light side, I mean right side...)

You mentioned something about failure? Have you learned to count? Just sayin' that perhaps you should think before you speak.

And if I had to bet, if you asked the remaining members of the playerbase their opinions towards a Christmas break, I suspect most of them would fall in line with our opinions, not yours. ;)

EDIT: Adding others ;)

Last edited:

lillie

Harvester
can I go with support a break please :)

I like to have snowballs thrown at me and hugged by reindeers.. fun for one day ....

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Personally I get my christmas break with or without it being enforced but bring back the christmas break was an aweasome feature on an aweasome game it made the holiday just that bit more special

Elevnos

BANNED
Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, surely it's nice just to have a break from bush for a while, and relax a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.