Christmas break removal Gripe/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Garden Designer
I celebrate Christmas on the 25th AND the 6th January (Ukrainian Christmas) but only as an excuse to spend MORE time with friends and family away from the game.

So to be honest, I'd rather there were days off the game for LOADS of special days, not just Christmas hahaha, so I can spend more time with loved ones without loss on bush ;D

No-Dachi

Official Helper
In Norway we celebrate on the 24th. We usually meet up around lunch, and spend the rest of the day with the family. The break always suited me perfectly.

And Alci, you can add me to your list as well.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Its not catering to the minority, its keeping it fair for all. No break(For ANY holiday) = doesn't cater to 1 specific group of people. It doesn't get much more fair than that.

Fair, yes - but it stops people being able to get the achievement for sending defence during peace time :(

Angela

Harvester
You must also consider different time-zones, for some folks the break came before Christmas, and ended when they were actually WITH family on Christmas, and thus didn't get a real break.

No it didn't. It started at noon on Christmas Eve and finished at noon on Boxing Day, so nobody was left out.

There are some countries that don't have Christmas on the 25th December -what about them?

As an atheist, I don't celebrate Christmas and thus don't think there should be a Christmas break.

Please provide an example of 1 bush player who celebrates Christmas on a different day.

As an atheist, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I still appreciate that most people do and I'm not thinking purely about how this change affects my own life. It seems that the argument most people are using against a Christmas break is that "this will stop ME from playing".

i can think of a couple of religions that either celebrate christmas at a different time of year or who dont celebrate it at all and since most people dont tend to ask what there religion is i(well i dont ask what religon people are)ts kinda hard to specifically pick out one bush player.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You must also consider different time-zones, for some folks the break came before Christmas, and ended when they were actually WITH family on Christmas, and thus didn't get a real break.

No it didn't. It started at noon on Christmas Eve and finished at noon on Boxing Day, so nobody was left out.

There are some countries that don't have Christmas on the 25th December -what about them?

As an atheist, I don't celebrate Christmas and thus don't think there should be a Christmas break.

Please provide an example of 1 bush player who celebrates Christmas on a different day.

As an atheist, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I still appreciate that most people do and I'm not thinking purely about how this change affects my own life. It seems that the argument most people are using against a Christmas break is that "this will stop ME from playing".

I am in agreement with Toby here.

People who don't celebrate Christmas should be mindful and respectful that others do - This includes acknowledgment that its unfair to demand 'activity' on a day when many people are obliged (and obviously want) to spend most of their time with their families.

Its a real shame that how things currently work there are probably people who are ducking/diving out of family meals/sit downs to check whether they're being attacked/send defence. Clearly there is no necessity to do this, but we all know what its like to not be able to log on and be weary of dying/having a lot of hard work/effort decimated.

I am very much for the reinstatement of Christmas break and whilst this thread is of use in ironing out the pros and cons I think we'll need a mass petition to Azzer in November of this year (If indeed the game is still going by this time).

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I am in agreement with Toby here.

People who don't celebrate Christmas should be mindful and respectful that others do - This includes acknowledgment that its unfair to demand 'activity' on a day when many people are obliged (and obviously want) to spend most of their time with their families.

Its a real shame that how things currently work there are probably people who are ducking/diving out of family meals/sit downs to check whether they're being attacked/send defence. Clearly there is no necessity to do this, but we all know what its like to not be able to log on and be weary of dying/having a lot of hard work/effort decimated.

I am very much for the reinstatement of Christmas break and whilst this thread is of use in ironing out the pros and cons I think we'll need a mass petition to Azzer in November of this year (If indeed the game is still going by this time).

Obviously it's clear where I stand on this issue. I just wanted to throw further support out there for toby and DA, havens of common sense in a topsy turvy world.

Christmas break, please!

Alvestein

Garden Designer
I don't understand all this arguement about people who don't celebrate christmas not being allowed to play bushtarion?

Thats like saying all the kids who don't celebrate christmas don't get a christmas holiday??
It's just a majority thing not to mention a harmless fun tradition?

also sleep mode is NOT the same as not playing during the peace break.

How is some people can't find one other thing to occupy themselves with on christmas other than bushtarion? and even then theres the alternative snowmen bushtarion to play!

Baffling.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
That's the problem...Those who want the Christmas break are jumping on those who are arguing against the break by making it seem we are breaking the law.

DA - Ducking/Diving out of meals/sit downs? You've got to be kidding. Christmas lasts 24 hours. My meal lasts 1 hour. My Xbox time lasts 2 hours. Watching **** TV is no more because I'm old enough to do what I want. Being informally dictated to spend time away from Bushtarion is not the way to go, and we are not informally dictating those for the break, to play.

All I'm seeing at the moment, is those for the break trying to tower above those against and thinking their ego is above all else. There is no break and until Azzer comes and listens to you guys, I'm happy either way.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
It is always relevant. Without those, nothing would make sense.

If you're referring to my content, then again, how am I not making sense?
It's basic...

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You're the chancellor of a fantastically well raised flock of psychedellic eggplants. Oh, and by the way, eleven cacti were murdered while a jedi-knight was bas babysitting. All the major stadia in Britain will be holding competitions in famous platipus impersonations.

Hope that made sense.

Removed by DA - Spam/trolling. (Same applied to subsequent posts re: same).

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
That's the problem...Those who want the Christmas break are jumping on those who are arguing against the break by making it seem we are breaking the law.

DA - Ducking/Diving out of meals/sit downs? You've got to be kidding. Christmas lasts 24 hours. My meal lasts 1 hour. My Xbox time lasts 2 hours. Watching **** TV is no more because I'm old enough to do what I want. Being informally dictated to spend time away from Bushtarion is not the way to go, and we are not informally dictating those for the break, to play.

All I'm seeing at the moment, is those for the break trying to tower above those against and thinking their ego is above all else. There is no break and until Azzer comes and listens to you guys, I'm happy either way.

And all I'm seeing from those who think the Christmas break should stay is selfishness bordering on solipsism :p

Which you've just proven, by giving a breakdown of exactly how your Christmas day goes. This isn't about you, its about ensuring that people who celebrate Christmas and want to spend the day with their families (i.e the majority of people) are allowed to do so without fear that all their effort up until that point could be crushed if they don't run back to their computer every hour or so to check for inc (From people who are playing on Christmas day, for whatever reason, and thus have an unfair advantage in that their target is very likely sat down sharing gifts/visiting extended family/having their Christmas dinner).

The bottom line here is that this thread should not be about an individual response to Christmas break (such as the one you've just posted) but a consideration of how Christmas break impacts on the community as a whole. Anything else reads, quite frankly, selfishly.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If you're going to mark the end of your nonsense you should've marked the start too.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Isn't Christmas over?

I thought it was.

However DA, I'm not basing my point solely on me, which quite frankly is getting on my tits as you're not the only one to interpret it that way. What you/others don't understand is that the argument has 2 sides...

People want a Christmas break to coincide with tradition ie. Christmas Lunch, sitting with family etc.
But it's not all about tradition. yes you're thinking of the majority, but think about others you don't celebrate Christmas in the traditinal sense and want to or have time to doss around on bush for a couple hours. This has been my point the whole time. We can keep going round in circles, I don't mind.

My opinion is that I don't mind if there is a break or not, I just took advantage of the fact my Christmas was dull last time, and there was no break so, why not? It's not selfish, it's keeping occupied :)

Status
Not open for further replies.