Christmas break removal Gripe/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franny

Head Gardener
Who wants to be pranked online on christmas day? I hope next round Hamilton you're in the Rank 2 alliance and the Rank1 organises bashes on you all day.

Angela

Harvester
Who wants to be pranked online on christmas day? I hope next round Hamilton you're in the Rank 2 alliance and the Rank1 organises bashes on you all day.

No one is forcing anyone to prank anyone online on christmas day its all about choices.

Angela

Harvester
I've had some hilarious yet ridiculously insulting messages from some people, more so in RSF because I attacked them today.

People need to stop getting over insultive and defensive and grow up

And ofc your response to these mails was ofc very adult like, i mean they was sent to the alliance mail and now posted on the forums.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
I've received a warm welcoming apology from Frijj himself, and I accept that he sees things from my POV...

However, Franny, your point means nothing. As does people stating about attacking on Christmas Day as sad and not spending time with my family...

I have grown alot of disrespect from people now from judging me and my life as per "not spending time with family". Who the **** are you to say what I 'should' be doing. Complain to Azzer if you want the break on Xmas again but don't come here to judge me playing the game!

I wouldn't give a **** if I got pranked, battered on Xmas Day...Get over it, send out and recoup the land next time!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hamilton, I think the point they are trying to make that the majority of players would prefer a Christmas break, and it would be a kindness to the playerbase to not send out attacks on a day where most people would prefer to be off. It's just being courteous.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I think attacking on Christmas just shows a complete lack of any kind of honour. Pretty much everyone liked having a Christmas break, and I'd hope those people with the time to send attacks wouldn't do it purely because it is entirely against the spirit of the thing.

It takes a certain type of pitiful personality to take an almost universal holiday and think "this is a good opportunity to get some land" rather than "this is a good opportunity to get some turkey".

It is a shame that the enforced Christmas break was removed, but it is truly sad that we needed one.

Podunk

Head Gardener
For those of us who play purely for fun it's a drag to have to worry about the game at all when we are spending time with family and generally enjoying a day off. The holiday peace time would have been wonderful to have this year!

Not to mention getting incs on more than 5-6 members at once is even less fun... Hence why people are throwing around the terms of "lifeless".

Even worse is getting LET rushes during this time.

Anyways... bring back the holiday 24 hour peace time!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Alci said:
I got an amusing message from Frijj implying that I was responsible for killing the game after sending one attack out to keep RSF occupied so they would not be busy trying to mass rape my alliance. Hilarious indeed Hamilton.

Like I, personally, have the impact, power, sophistication and MAD LEET SKILLZ to ruin the game all by myself. Hilarious. RSF is a far worse contributing factor to this game than me.

Frijj here's some advice:

Live a little, learn a lot, say nothing.

I really took offence to that alci im getting tired of the bashing before we got rank 4 then 3 then 2 ... it was oh recons bunch of noobs now were getting insulted for using the same tactics that every other even remotely ftw alliance in this game has ever used? I ruin people ability to sleep with my near constant nightly rushes ??? so its ok to do it to me but if i happen to be in a different timezone then you im using cheap tactics?

Give me one example of how rsf is ruining the game? Im sorry to say it children but frijj's actions dont condemn an entire alliance and half the **** im hearing out of peoples mouths is just that ... ****... as I said please provide me with some proof

Tdlr: I want a reason why people are badmouthing RSF?

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
If your complaining because you had to be pranked online at anytime, Christmas or otherwise, you take the game too seriously. If its that important to you, hit sleep for 24hrs next time. You get Christmas break that way.

Flamey - to answer your question.. Its the few that keep sending out messages to attackers/targets or whatever. I've seen quite a few myself (none to me since I can't really attack anyone..) and haven't been impressed. Its the same reason people badmouth Hamilton. He doesn't know how to ignore messages :p

As for RSF as a whole, I know quite a few folks in there, and most of them are good respectable players, its just he actions of a few that really makes the difference.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Christmas break brought back, but it has nothing to do with wanting Christmas worry free (I do that anyway), I just enjoyed the ridiculous BR's with squirrels and other odd assortment of characters.. ^_^

Now, Organized attacks on Christmas is sad, but also smart.. You just have to decide how serious you want to take the game.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
fair enough LS answers alot of my questions I just dont see it anymore from us then what iv seen from obnx yet rsf is getting badmouthed... nm lol appreciate the honest answer man :)

Also yes please bring back christmas peace

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
No problem, Obnoxious don't seem to send as many message, I do get the occasional message in our HQ asking to attack you or telling us when your out (as we have gotten from your ally about obn)

This is our official stance on those mails..

"Please don't tattle on each other. We will hit them when we feel like it regardless of where their troops are. I appreciate the gesture but it is unneeded."

flameharvester

Head Gardener
its unfortunate true...

I would like to point out that alot of our "omgdeysuckubernerds" status comes from the factor we took some big mouths (crazy ;) and yes im just waiting for the trolling now(amongst others tbh)) and we have noobs who r all like ONOZEUBERLEETTWOMANWAVEOMGNEEDTOTEAMUP

But I will always remember RSF fondly because we arent ftw and we took most people who applied to us when we formed and turned them into some sort of giant whining rank 2 organism

Elderveld

Official Helper
for being online when hundreds of others are too....logic?
when have their been hundreds online at the same time besides round start?
Logic...

Playing on christmas day shows you have nothing better to do, should be spending time with family around the tv/dinner table, not on a laptop/desktop or even on your phone playing silly games.

I've barely been online for the past few days, because yeah, spending time with family is way more important than any game or anything else can possibly be.

And tbh, the time away has been great, forgetting the game, and all that goes with it is refreshing :p

and hamilton, you're in the rank 1 ally, you have no enemies that require you to use shitstorms of christmas day attacks to get your land, you can use overwhelming force anytime of day any day of the year to do that anyway, so stfu about the tactical advantage :p

+100

septimus

Harvester
Personally, I don't see why Christmas should be viewed any differently then any other holiday. I realize this game is primarily British, but, as an American I know that on Thanksgiving and 4th of July I typically am pretty preoccupied with other things, I would much rather have peacetimes during those days then Christmas, heck, my familys tradition is to celebrate Christmas on the 26th, because my grandmother decided around 40 years ago that Christmas day her children should have their own traditions, but that would mean they're all free on the 26th, so for the most part on Christmas I'm around.

I sent 1 attack iirc on Christmas day, it was at around 2AM my time, and I got a message from someone in RSF about it. I fully admit I sent that attack with the mindset of "They probably won't defend as well". It's a game, every single day of the year. As LS said, if the Christmas break is that important to you hit sleep mode for 24 hours, don't complain that you got attacked.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I don't give a shizznit about the lack of christmas peace. It's the lack of notice that is annoying

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Wow... .. I didn't realize until reading this thread that so many people took advantage of the day to attack.. doing so obviously caused a lot of hate and discontent among the ranks. Given that I want to thank OBN for for killing me on Christmas Eve so I could relax on Christmas Day :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Personally, I don't see why Christmas should be viewed any differently then any other holiday. I realize this game is primarily British, but, as an American I know that on Thanksgiving and 4th of July I typically am pretty preoccupied with other things, I would much rather have peacetimes during those days then Christmas, heck, my familys tradition is to celebrate Christmas on the 26th, because my grandmother decided around 40 years ago that Christmas day her children should have their own traditions, but that would mean they're all free on the 26th, so for the most part on Christmas I'm around.

I sent 1 attack iirc on Christmas day, it was at around 2AM my time, and I got a message from someone in RSF about it. I fully admit I sent that attack with the mindset of "They probably won't defend as well". It's a game, every single day of the year. As LS said, if the Christmas break is that important to you hit sleep mode for 24 hours, don't complain that you got attacked.

Everyone celebrates, or has the opportunity to celebrate Christmas. July 4th and Thannkshiving are national holidays only. That's the difference in my mind.

Abreu

Pruner
No problem, Obnoxious don't seem to send as many message

I seemed to have got a fair few on Christmas day, lol.

But the thing that confused me was people saying that it was my fault they had to prank they ally mates on Christmas day. I'm sorry but it is your choice to prank or not, not the attackers. If you want to prank someone that is between you and them and has nothing to do with me.

Another thing is the difference in timezones. I woke up early on Christmas morning in lovely sunny Australia no one else was up so I decided to check bush and saw we had incoming from Obnox. I took it in my stride not worried about people attacking on Christmas day.
Anyways I spend the whole day out and about with my family and was home by 5-6pm the kids were in bed and the Mrs had gone to see friends so I jumped back on the computer and sent my daily attacks on Obnox... and to my surprise i receive a few very crudely written messages from Obnox members about how i have no life for attacking on Christmas day. (I'm sorry Elderveld but it is spelt CHRISTMAS not X-mas)

Podunk

Head Gardener
(I'm sorry Elderveld but it is spelt CHRISTMAS not X-mas)

Not everyone believes in Christ though... Just sayin'. Not to mention the celebration on the 25th of December used to be a pagan holiday and has nothing to do with the actual physical date of the birth of Christ. It was replaced with the current Christian version of it a long time ago.

Anyways, there is your trivia for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.