Christmas break removal Gripe/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderveld

Official Helper
No problem, Obnoxious don't seem to send as many message

I seemed to have got a fair few on Christmas day, lol.

But the thing that confused me was people saying that it was my fault they had to prank they ally mates on Christmas day. I'm sorry but it is your choice to prank or not, not the attackers. If you want to prank someone that is between you and them and has nothing to do with me.

Another thing is the difference in timezones. I woke up early on Christmas morning in lovely sunny Australia no one else was up so I decided to check bush and saw we had incoming from Obnox. I took it in my stride not worried about people attacking on Christmas day.
Anyways I spend the whole day out and about with my family and was home by 5-6pm the kids were in bed and the Mrs had gone to see friends so I jumped back on the computer and sent my daily attacks on Obnox... and to my surprise i receive a few very crudely written messages from Obnox members about how i have no life for attacking on Christmas day. (I'm sorry Elderveld but it is spelt CHRISTMAS not X-mas)

Christmas/x-mas, w/e its the same.

Maybe i am used to this, as most oldies here. During christmas its peace time. Everyone's celebrating. Every beliver, or non-beliver.
I dont belive in any kind of god, other than steve_god. And i celebrate it!
Everyone knows 99.9% of the world population celebrate's it. Even here in bush. And to take advantage of that whilst knowing they are at dinner table whit the whole family is just harsh.

And to respond to your mail, no i was not contacted, i just was online.

General:

If u abuse the fact that people want to spend those day's whit family and friends, rather than playing bush. You are a sad sad sad person.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
(I'm sorry Elderveld but it is spelt CHRISTMAS not X-mas)

Not everyone believes in Christ though... Just sayin'.

It is called Christmas. Belief is irrelevant to spelling... Just sayin'.

If u abuse the fact that people want to spend those day's whit family and friends, rather than playing bush. You are a sad sad sad person.

Anyone who has an issue with being attacked in a game on Christmas is a sad sad sad person

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Everyone knows 99.9% of the world population celebrate's it.

No. You probably have no idea how 'unimportant' Christmas is for other people in the world. It's an event for non-christian because of happy mood generated around Santa and nice Christmas decorations and gift-giving. But the level of importance is soooooooooo low for a lot of people. People work (this year it was on Sunday, so, no :p) as usual. They don't gather with family and have a big feast. It's realllyyyyyyy a normal day except those i said above as an event! Like Valentine's Day, sorta!

(You do know 99.9% of the world's population isn't christians, right? :X Really, there are lots of parts in the world, they don't take it as importantly as the way you do even if they seem to care about the day because of the business/money they can make out of it. But that's it.)

Abreu

Pruner
Just a bit more trivia :D

The words Christmas and Xmas are both shortened versions of the phrase Christ's Mass.

Christmas is a simple contraction of the two words and it is easy to see how Christ's Mass became Christmas.

The first letter of the word Xmas was not originally an X as we use it in the English language; what looks like an X is actually the English representation of the Greek letter Chi

The letter Chi can also stand alone to represent the word Christ, so Xmas therefore literally translates as Christ-mas and that is how it should be pronounced, never as ex-mass.

As fore the comment directed at me for abusing Christmas day for attacking because people are out celebrating with family and friends, does this mean on birthdays, national public holidays and the likes are also off limits to attacks because I am out celebrating with my family and friends?

And to say you are online at the time of the attacks... what is the problem then? I can see you have a valid point if you didn't log on on till after Christmas day and found you were zeroed but to complain about being attacked when you are online without even being pranked on, I cant see the problem there.

Last edited:

No-Dachi

Official Helper
(You do know 99.9% of the world's population isn't christians, right? :X

I don't know if you're trolling or just ignorant, but in case of the latter:

"As of the early 21st century, Christianity has approximately 2.2 billion adherents.[18][19][20] Christianity represents about a quarter to a third of the world's population and is the world's largest religion.[21][22]"

Taken from Wikipedia.

Yochoko

Head Gardener

"As of the early 21st century, Christianity has approximately 2.2 billion adherents.[18][19][20] Christianity represents about a quarter to a third of the world's population and is the world's largest religion.[21][22]"

Taken from Wikipedia.

That's not 99.9% of the world's population.... (A qurater = 1/4 = 25%? A Third = 1/3 = approximately 33.3%?) I didn't go against anything about Christianity being the 'largest' religion in the world. i was against the exaggeration of calling it as 99.9% and clearly ignoring the rest. Please avoid calling other people 'ignorant' when obviously some of people here are being ignorant about other cultures and religions and their stance for the Christmas day. I still don't call them 'ignorant', though.

Unless it was directed to Elderveld..., I "are you trolling?" back to you!

Elderveld

Official Helper

Taken from Wikipedia.

Ofcourse im trolling lol. I know x-mass is not celebrated by that much. (not sure if im saying rite) but it was to give my post more strenght (if u get wat i mean?)

But i thought muslims was the biggest religion?

But x-mas is a 'global' holiday. Its not like a birthday or 4th of july. And well valentine's day is just different as x-mas. Maybe its just the way i grew up or the country we live in. But in holland all shops are closed on 1th day, second day only a fwew shops, mainly supermarkets are only open. and both days is classed as 'national holiday' so everyone has 2 days off.

Ah well.

====
i just saw nd's post was not to comment on me, lal!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Apparently I misunderstood your post. I read it as you saying that 99.9% of the population was not christian. In which case you would be ignorant - but I didn't call you ignorant.

But to keep this from straying too far off topic: I wholeheartedly agree that the christmas break should be re-introduced. Having that break is a nice gesture to those who are celebrating, and a 24 hours peace time does not really interfere with those not celebrating christmas. No reason not to keep it, imo.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Ofcourse im trolling lol. I know x-mass is not celebrated by that much. (not sure if im saying rite) but it was to give my post more strenght (if u get wat i mean?)

But x-mas is a 'global' holiday. Its not like a birthday or 4th of july. And well valentine's day is just different as x-mas. Maybe its just the way i grew up or the country we live in. But in holland all shops are closed on 1th day, second day only a fwew shops, mainly supermarkets are only open. and both days is classed as 'national holiday' so everyone has 2 days off.

Ah well.

Well, I do understand how you look at Christmas. I was just pointing out that it doesn't have the same significance everywhere in the world. And I also understand if you are not familiar with how things go outside your culture. And mmm.. Christmas isn't a 'holiday' as in the entire nation imposes a day off (national/religious holiday by law) everywhere in the world. So, just don't expect everyone to have the same perspective and understanding regarding Christmas! :p

Sadly, it was directed at me!

Elderveld

Official Helper

Ah well.

Well, I do understand how you look at Christmas. I was just pointing out that it doesn't have the same significance everywhere in the world. And I also understand if you are not familiar with how things go outside your culture. And mmm.. Christmas isn't a 'holiday' as in the entire nation imposes a day off (national/religious holiday by law) everywhere in the world. So, just don't expect everyone to have the same perspective and understanding regarding Christmas! :p

Well, as i see, and hear around. It seemed to be big in USA/UK. I was in london weekend before x-mas. And i saw they were pretty fond of it. (Loads of decorations etc).

Prolly wrong vision of it :p

Sadly, it was directed at me![/QUOTE]

/hugs

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
And to further complicate the statistical analysis... approx 1/2 of my students here in China had a Christmas tree decorated in their home and upwards of 90% of those kids also received some sort of gift in celebration of Christmas, (Christ's Mass, Xmas, happy holiday w/e you prefer) AND out of those 80 students only one is Christian, the others are either Buddhist or atheist. Something really surprising is that a few of them come from Muslim believing families. go figure...
The only solution to the problem at hand since Bush doesn't enforce a cease fire on Christmas day is to hit sleep mode, or die happily if you don't have ally mates online to adequately defend you in your absence. Simply not knowing it had been changed is no excuse for vile or insulting messages. especially when it was possible to ask before hand on irc. I did so and was promptly told by Ogluk that in fact there was none.. soooooo........

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I have reopened This Petition - Not quite sure why it was closed in the first place.

Head over to that thread and vote either way - It gives some insight into the first time Christmas break was removed. Azzer is not likely to see this thread, at least for the time being - But hey, Christmas is now another year away :p

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
TBH muslims celebrating christmass (or as I prefer: Yuletide) is not that strange, Jesus is one of the 3 most important prophets in the muslim faith. It's the whole Trinity/son o'god thing they disagree on.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
its unfortunate true...

I would like to point out that alot of our "omgdeysuckubernerds" status comes from the factor we took some big mouths (crazy ;) and yes im just waiting for the trolling now(amongst others tbh)) and we have noobs who r all like ONOZEUBERLEETTWOMANWAVEOMGNEEDTOTEAMUP

But I will always remember RSF fondly because we arent ftw and we took most people who applied to us when we formed and turned them into some sort of giant whining rank 2 organism

Yeah im a big mouth, do i care though? No.
Im not gonna troll you though just because you toss my name up in forums like Luckysports and whoever else did.
Because i really don't care about you, or anyone else in bush lol its a game.

But yeah it gets pretty annoying the attacks on christmas there should atleast be a 24 hour period for christmas day.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I havent tossed your name up there genius, You did. I know your not too bright, so I'll try to use small words.

You can only blame yourself.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
I havent tossed your name up there genius, You did. I know your not too bright, so I'll try to use small words.

You can only blame yourself.

You must be retarded or something, because i said up in forums.
Go check your recruitment thread buddy ol' pal.
I bet you have to have your brother remind you to wipe also? :mrgreen:

And the christmas break should be 48 hours but, we can't do anything about it just sitting and complaining about it when its already over.
Azzer will probably/or already has read this.

And I don't think he would mind too much changing it back seeing as it was this way for so long.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Why don't YOU go check the recruitment thread. YOU called yourself out, I didn't use any names. Are you REALLY that stupid? Why don't you go pass elementary school before coming here with that.

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
Why don't YOU go check the recruitment thread. YOU called yourself out, I didn't use any names. Are you REALLY that stupid? Why don't you go pass elementary school before coming here with that.

Lmfao, the post wasn't even all about you sweetheart.
I never said you called me out via this thread, was saying flamey randomly tosses my name up just like you did in your recruitment thread ahahah.
I was commenting back to flamey.
To put it simply for you.
I don't wanna get you all confused now.
But im not gonna keep commenting to just argue with you on a thread thats not related to what we are arguing about.

Also, you might not have mentioned my name, but basically everyone knew who you were talking about, no need for silly puns.
Or you trying to beat around the bush. You were talking about me, to put it simply. Tard.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Re-read my post.. or read it for the first time.. as either you didn't, or didn't comprehend what I said. I didn't toss your name up in the recruitment thread.. YOU did.. YOU

As in.. that person you see in the mirror whenever you can stand to look at one.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Just a bit more trivia :D

The words Christmas and Xmas are both shortened versions of the phrase Christ's Mass.

Christmas is a simple contraction of the two words and it is easy to see how Christ's Mass became Christmas.

The first letter of the word Xmas was not originally an X as we use it in the English language; what looks like an X is actually the English representation of the Greek letter Chi

The letter Chi can also stand alone to represent the word Christ, so Xmas therefore literally translates as Christ-mas and that is how it should be pronounced, never as ex-mass.

Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that it had to do with secular people not wanting to celebrate a religious holiday. When I was growing up, in my church people were always *****ing and complaining about people who used xmas and took offense to that. So later when I left the faith community I thought it must have been something non-believers introduced.

Anyways, bring the break back, even for the heathens such as myself! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.