round 43 - ANQ|FL|HC love triangle

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
LS - I don't care about the intentions of your alliances when you recruited, its obvious to me that the top 3 alliances have put in the time and effort to be considered without a shadow of a doubt as a FTW ally. Don't try to tell me otherwise because I'm not buying it, you're playing politics to try to get people to underestimate you. Propaganda. Anyone with more than 3 braincells can see that.

Max - TDA had a 15% score lead on the allies around them, I checked. And funky is the alliance that has a 50% score lead on the next alliance down. It's not similar in the least.

Podunk - its not politics.. If you saw how much work was put in by the few to get the majority involved at all you would understand what I'm talking about. People are going to underestimate us no matter what I say on here. I could say we have 20 contactable members that play 24hrs a day and never sleep and people would still fail..

But we don't have 20 people putting in full effort.. we have about 5, everyone else just joins in (sometimes) and its quite an effort to get anything off the ground. To say we are putting a winning effort is laughable. Its only "winnable" compared to this rounds competition.

I liked last round better.. 1 fighting to win, 1 just fighting because they wanted to.. And didn't complain when they didn't win themselves.. This round is full of a bunch of cry-babies.

Either way, I'm done being nice. If people really want to see me as the evil warlord, then I have no moral obligation to cater to their feelings..

Podunk

Head Gardener
Once people get a taste of rank 1 they normally don't want to let it go. Even if you didn't recruit ftw, the people who got you there will want to keep you there. Likewise, some folks might put in more effort now that they're in the position.

Also it is politics, if you didn't have the will to win you wouldn't have made an SNAP to give you a greater chance to win the round. You're making conscious political decisions to better your position.

I highly doubt that its just 5 people actually trying in the alliance too btw... :p If that was the case funky would be r1.

Anyways I'm rambling... so yeah :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
LS - I don't care about the intentions of your alliances when you recruited, its obvious to me that the top 3 alliances have put in the time and effort to be considered without a shadow of a doubt as a FTW ally. Don't try to tell me otherwise because I'm not buying it, you're playing politics to try to get people to underestimate you. Propaganda. Anyone with more than 3 braincells can see that.

Max - TDA had a 15% score lead on the allies around them, I checked. And funky is the alliance that has a 50% score lead on the next alliance down. It's not similar in the least.

Podunk - its not politics.. If you saw how much work was put in by the few to get the majority involved at all you would understand what I'm talking about. People are going to underestimate us no matter what I say on here. I could say we have 20 contactable members that play 24hrs a day and never sleep and people would still fail..

But we don't have 20 people putting in full effort.. we have about 5, everyone else just joins in (sometimes) and its quite an effort to get anything off the ground. To say we are putting a winning effort is laughable. Its only "winnable" compared to this rounds competition.

I liked last round better.. 1 fighting to win, 1 just fighting because they wanted to.. And didn't complain when they didn't win themselves.. This round is full of a bunch of cry-babies.

Either way, I'm done being nice. If people really want to see me as the evil warlord, then I have no moral obligation to cater to their feelings..

I don't think people see you as an evil warlord. They see you as a hypocritical liar. Just saying :p

This round is full of a bunch of hypocrites, I wouldn't necessarily call them cry babies though. Most of the complaining in justified, if a little repetitive. ;)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
LS is simply like anyone else who finally gets a high rank. Also, ultimately failing to understand that it means nothing.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
3 rounds running with a handful of people. says nothing. where's the high ranks from when there was active people? anything that happened in the last 2 years is nothing.

basically hamilton - thank you for proving my point.

bluehen55

Harvester

there is no culture where the possessive 'your' is acceptable for 'you're = you are'

it's about being able to make your point understood. and it's (mostly) good to be back.

Lucky - you have devolved into the realm of circular arguments. You are full of the sound and the fury signifying nothing. Good luck removing your head from your ass :)

A Shakespeare reference on the Bushtarion forums? You clearly don't understand the level of discourse required here anymore Garrett ;)

Actually it's Faulkner.

I do believe Shakespeare predates Faulkner by a bit :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LDdyafsR7g

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
garett you clearly wont win this one, you're just wasting your time trying

if people come to the forums to win, then you are doing it wrong. :?

@bluehen55 - i hath been skoooled. i just remember having to read faulkner in class. his book the sound and the fury heh.

Last edited:

Razorwolf

Pruner
3 rounds running with a handful of people. says nothing. where's the high ranks from when there was active people? anything that happened in the last 2 years is nothing.

just throwing it out there, but lucky has been doing awesome more than just the last 3 rounds. also where's the high ranks from when there was active people? well i was rank 16 back in round 7 so therefore in your opinion i must be awesome, and if i then say lucky is an awesome player you would have to agree...

on another point, ive never heard of you so your opinion of other ppl dont have very high value to me :p

ps. i dont think im awesome, ranks dont mean s***.... ive played with excellent players and they sit around in the lower ranks having fun... obviously you are a shallow person who thinks "winning" is everything

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Toby, my post seemed more peeved than it was meant to - I'll just add that the bribing alliance that finished behind us, came out of nowhere in the last 10 days or so. Before that there was a massive gap :p

avash

Harvester

just throwing it out there, but lucky has been doing awesome more than just the last 3 rounds. also where's the high ranks from when there was active people? well i was rank 16 back in round 7 so therefore in your opinion i must be awesome, and if i then say lucky is an awesome player you would have to agree...

on another point, ive never heard of you so your opinion of other ppl dont have very high value to me :p

ps. i dont think im awesome, ranks dont mean s***.... ive played with excellent players and they sit around in the lower ranks having fun... obviously you are a shallow person who thinks "winning" is everything

In round 7 the game wasn't even developed properly. I believe garrett is refurring to to rounds (10/11)-(27-31). In that region where winning literally was everything. Especially r14-r25. I understand what Garrett is saying, coming back after a long break Lucky is someone i've never heard of although he said hes been around a long time.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
this is so fricken off topic.... arguing over past victories also. back when there was no anti land farming. and you had virus with its wings? only half the routes you have now were around. i still remeber special ops route coming out. and bunkers, and then later on the pupet route/harrier route/nano route/arsonist route/ was it fanatics too? and then alter still the fantasy branch... your talking about a time when the game was barely recognisable and text browser games were popular. comparing any achievements from then with now is just riddiculous.

and not this ftf/ftw bollocks again... christ.
If FL wanted to win they would have smashed ANQ for longer. till moral was defiantely crushed and land was fully gone even if troops were alive. They then would have broken thier do not attack eachother for 1 week "resistance" recovery time agreement with HC who were virtually half thier troops score..thats right... in terms of lethals they were half our size. and then they would have an incredibly good chance of winning the round easily.... on the basis they didnt do that i can happily say they dont care about winning. They get a few on for a few attacks and thats it.. and have players more willing to be pranked to help defend than join in an attack. so can muster average defence. definately not ftw imo

and i can say HC IS ftw imo...because they attack at 4am, 6am, and allie any one for an edge. hardly something people who play ftf do. How ftf an alliance is, to me, is directly proportional to how much sleep thier members get.

ANQ played hard at the start. and very well. They are likely enjoying a rest from incoming. and now they are rank 3 any notion they may have once had (which i doubt they did have) about winning is gone, and the route set up smacks of ftf... they would have only taken the win to stop HC getting it. where as FL is looking forward to rushing HC. and doesnt care if they win. as long as they work for it. and dont just get it on a plate.

so i really dont think that classifys them as ftw... i mean i dont think half the people in this forum even know what it takes to actually win in a modern round. so they will never understand what FTW truely is. its always observed from the outside looking in.

Razorwolf

Pruner
obviously you are a shallow person who thinks "winning" is everything

thanks for trying, but if that's what you got from reading... perhaps literacy isn't for you.

wow, you spout nonsense about literacy? because you quote crap from books and therefore think you can judge other people? thanks for popping back to the game, but i think we have enough egotistical retards here. dont stay long will you?