round 43 - ANQ|FL|HC love triangle

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
please remeber my views and opinions are my own i have no say in what the alliance im in does, i do advise if asked or feel its going in the wrong direction. but i dont make decisions.
Within the space of 1 week;

Dimension + HC hit ANQ.
ANQ hit HC twice alone and stole 10k+ each time.
FL + HC hit ANQ.
ANQ hit HC again alone but got retals from FL.
FL + Some of HC hit ANQ.
FL hit ANQ.

Rank 1 and 2 wont hit each other.
Rank 3 cant hit rank 2 because rank 1 counters.
(Before you say well we havnt been rank 3 for long ... when we were rank 2 we couldnt hit rank 3 before rank 1 counters too. And we have irc logs from disgruntled members who hate how lame their leadership is being.)
It's like de ja vu when Angela / Lucky / Hero / Dax are about!

The worst part is FL are claiming that they don't want ANQ to be rank 1 because they would find it hard to rush them. So what are you going to do?

* Try kill ANQ.
* Then suicide so HC are rank 1?

Rubbish you want the win and will powerblock with HC to ensure ANQ dont spoil it for you.

You're either wanting the rank 1 for yourselfs or if you dont want us on top then youre going to suicide on HC and let them win. So then why have 2 of your members to me and 1 to another one of mine saying stuff like they will hit HC soon etc? It makes no sense. It can't be both things. Say something and stick to it.

It seems you're saying 1 thing on here one week while a different thing in private and then a week later it's switched around.

You do also realise when an alliance has been 2 v 1'ed since the start by different alliances ... if you do an attack a day after by yourself it doesn't really make it a 1 v 1. That alliance has been under fire from you and your pals just before so launching a wave alone doesn't make it any less of a 2 v 1.

Edit; The really sad thing is that the worst alliance of the 3 (IMO and probally most of the other peoples) are just sitting there getting land and will most likely win it even after being the lamest (Imo). (Someone locked the other thread so had nowhere else to post this)

twigs im not sure if you are doing the whole politics thing and what not to add to the excitement. but you must realise how easily both FL and ANQ route set ups could if we really wanted give HC an incredibly hard time. as for the 2v1 its been stopped since last friday. i wasnt on for the counter to your attacks.

but its logical to not let you get back your acres from HC whilst they were small if we dont want you at rank 1 until it inevitably happens later in the round. i even posted at the time we stopped 2v1, and as we werent attacking them ourselves due to a cooldown period after the 2v1 the logical thing to do was at that time to counter.

troop scores:

FL - 51,545,000,000
ANQ - 51,616,000,000
HC - 37,113,000,000

land scores
FL - 12,800,000,000
ANQ - 7,200,000,000
HC - 12,800,000,000

I even disagreed with the idea of stopping the 2v1 if we didnt want you rank 1. you guys are blatently able to win still. and the tables will clearly turn soon enough. if you are still paranoid about FL counters to your attacks why not try it and see. you tried once and had one counter back when the troop scores were as above. i dont make decisions but you think thats still continuing now?

i dont see why you are so scared of the "worst alliance of the 3" who havent even managed to attack you or anyone else on thier own according to martin. taking a lead currently.

look at the land and troop scores again now and its still pretty damn close:

Land score
HC - 18,050,000,000
ANQ - 11,250,000,000
FL - 14,450,000,000

Troop score
HC - 69,769,000,000
ANQ -67,044,000,000
FL - 67,979,000,000

and the real values are even closer I bet thanks to the one guy with 18k acres in HC giving them a very high land score indeed.

i say its still open and all to play for. you have some of the most determind players and best planners. we have alot of lazy vets. and Hc has a few newbs and oldies with only 1 or 2 experienced planners. its still anyones round imo. and still got alot of fun left. maybe im not seeing what you're seeing and maybe 2v1 has worn you guys out and damaged moral? but i think its still all good in the hood for any one who wants it enough to win. and we still do not want to win. (unless i didnt get the lets go 'FTW' memo, and FL suicided alot of their score on you accidently :O)

ps. feel free to retort in this nice shiny new discussion thread. hopefully br thread will remains as a BR thread

Last edited:

Elevnos

BANNED
A few people sent. That's all, it was nothing planned. Because you guys are getting so worked up about it, and saying things like 'We're the best because the other players can only 2v1 us', just annoyed the other alliances. If people didn't have anything against half of ANQ, it probably wouldn't have been seen as an option at all. So what if two alliances sent some attacks against you? It's stopped now and it hasn't been happening anymore, it's just an overreaction to say it was still going on. If you're so FTF, why do you care so much? If you wanted to sit below rank 1 and rush them, then stop complaining when you do end up below rank 1! ANQ hasn't been destroyed beyond disrepair, they've just lost quite a bit of land and only a few troops, until recently when FL alone attacked.
Everyone seems to be arguing that a FTW alliance should do everything it takes to win, so why complain when that happens? Yeah, maybe we missed a few opportunities to attack, and a few bad decisions were made. At least it means the round is still close now and a lot can happen! It's not a powerblock, just a ceasefire. It's not lasting for the entire round or anything anywhere near that. If we were a powerblock you'd have incoming every night to the point when you'd stop bothering to play. The intention never was to remove anybody from contention, and that hasn't been done anyway!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It's not personal... At all. You're just my infinite trollbait. Like it or hate it, you're feeding me.
That's cool by my account - It gives me an inflated sense of purpose within the community, to irritate a group of some of the games most experienced and decorated members with what could be said to be 'low' tactics (that you yourselves have employed countless times anyway). I've been on the receiving end of a fair bit of it over the past 6 years, so why should I feel guilty? Answer: I don't. Not even a bit. Not a sausage.

I literally don't have a personal issue with any of you - I've played alongside some of you - Those that have, actually know that my apparently hilarious murmurings are actually something I do perfectly consciously. I don't hold personal grudges over a game either, it is infinitely sad. So just get along, and have a few BR's, like the good Lord intended this game to be played.

Your endless complaining only makes me pity you guys more. Imagine how the smaller alliances feel with ~60 people clambering all over them for easy land? Most either don't remember, or haven't experienced that.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
... as for the 2v1 its been stopped since last friday. i wasnt on for the counter to your attacks. ...

Just because you weren't on, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

i did also say....the logical thing to do is to stop you landing the land fat and weakend HC and getting your acres back before they had a bit of time to grow, else the whole 2v1 would have been pointless. anyway whats done is done. im not justifying it. just saying its not like Hc have won the round yet or are miles ahead. and 2v1 is over whether or not people ask friends to help since friday, the mass 2v1 alliance planned incoming ended a while ago. no need to milk it :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
'a few people sent, nothing planned' how ignorant are you or do you think others are? if you send together, you planned (even if 5 seconds before hand) to send.

quit the circle jerking and 'i'm innocent and people are dying around me'

the holy grail said it best when I quote 'GET ON WITH IT!'

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
'a few people sent, nothing planned' how ignorant are you or do you think others are? if you send together, you planned (even if 5 seconds before hand) to send.

quit the circle jerking and 'i'm innocent and people are dying around me'

the holy grail said it best when I quote 'GET ON WITH IT!'

yeah garett, just like they were claiming our big battle against them we got the person with all those hooligans (avash?) to help...and even that was not alone. and was 2v1. no one told the guy ****. and until Cf pointed it out with irc logs that was on thier books as another 2v1 moment.. one random joins in may as well have been a solo piggying and they claim 2v1 and you think its "planned". as if.

i didnt even notice he was thier until the br. i was looking at the defence and didnt even realise we had additional help. it made no difference to the decision to stay and as far as i know happened without a single member of FL asking for help or even mentioning it in passing!! calling this 2v1 or planned help just cheapens thier real achievemnt of not dying and keeping score and playing very well when the real 2v1 was going at them.

you want to talk of ignorance, ignorant would be to believe that we did 2v1 thursday and friday claiming 20k acres and knocking them to rank 2. then suddenly the 2v1 kept going but they magically managed to fend us off. and we have been going at them since hell for leather. fair do's though if i was them i would have milked it for all its worth too.

ps. you even playing this round or just giving an outsiders perspective with absolutly no relevant round 43 context to base it on?..... just curious

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
The 2v1 ended on Friday. I know this because I ended it. There were no more joint-planned attacks between the alliances after that. The proof is in your own news. Compare the sends when we were together to how they have gone since then. There is no comparison. I know your just unhappy because you appear to be locked down by 2 alliances (even though only 1 of them has really done any real work since then) but that is no reason to make things up in order to try to get some pity. I know many of your players enough to know what you are capable of. I've been *****ed at by several folks on both sides for ending the 2v1 before yall were ground down unable to fight back. Don't think it could happen? Imagine those attacks every 15 ticks on the dot for a week. (possible if we wanted to force folks to play Ftw :p)

I suggest you stop whining about what isn't there, if you want to know what Our policy is, feel free to message me in-game anytime. I'm happy to talk to you about it like adults.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
People are obviously not going to mail you, LS.
That's also one of the worst things you can do when discussions like this are going on - "mail me and talk to me like adults". I've seen that line used so much and it sucks!

This politics thread is a vent and discussion that we can have between us and by normal standards its "adult speak" between the majority.

You kinda know something is up when even Alci agrees with me and Garrett is flaming in the opposite direction

._ .
Im sure it would feel nicer if nobody talked about it and you swept it under the carpet.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You kinda know something is up when even Alci agrees with me and Garrett is flaming in the opposite direction

You can add me to that list :p

There is currently a powerblock against Funkaphilia. The top 3 alliances are clearly working together to limit our effectiveness and stop us from storming the ranks. There are rules against this kind of thing. However, I'm a reasonable sort of chap and I'll give you all one day to admit defeat and disband your alliances before I execute THE MASTERPLAN.

You have been warned.

Angela

Harvester
As always with any kind of love triangle people are going to be hurt feelings bruised and people moan, but just because they can moan the loudest doesnt mean they are right.

ps And you will always get 3 different versions of the love triangle and in it none of them ever say its there own fault.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
How exactly do you moan loudly using text?

When you want to make a point, speak the plain English. Don't drive around the house in a little car.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
lol i really dont think alcibiades and toby are entirely on your side cos of the political arguing going on, I think they like to piss off hamilton, and hamilton is on our side :p

Bless the guyf, i remeber when i first joined the forums. i had to respond to every post, even if no one cared what i had to say.(not much has changed) he'll learn sometimes the best response is nothing, actions speak louder than words.

Though all ANQ members should feel free to keep enticing FL members. keep trolling the members of FL who wanted to stop the 2v1 in the first place, keep annoying the people who were in your corner, or have friends in your alliance, or respected you guys too much to wanna gang up any more. keep annoying those that said thats enough on friday, lets play fair again, no need to bash them into nothing.. please do. send more FL members over to the band wagon of "sod it lets just go and 2v1 these moaning ninnys, and give them real hardship and unfairness to complain about, and deal with the consequences of a smug dax afterwards." ....in fact knowing how democratic we are as an alliance i would love to see the outcome if you did keep moaning over split milk

After all If we are being accused still, then nothing will change if we kept up the 2v1....that would be the logical conclusion. We could go 2v1 tonight for example, and if we have really done it so prolifically already, it would be no different from the previous 4 days? ....if you believe that then just keep flamming our members and whining like little girls, and making these stupid 2v1 claims over every little incoming that gets piggied.

isnt it enough to know that you had to be 2v1'd to be beaten, and are potentially the best alliance? why does a FTF alliance want anything more than that?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You already answered your own questions for me.

If i was leading FTW you wouldn't have seen a single ANQ member post anything on here.
You wouldn't have seen n0c0 make a thread declaring war.
No member would have posted anything bar me.
That's how i used to run my FTW allies.

The fact is we are not FTW...

So my members can slate any alliance all they want. Especially when they have good reason to. Calling them whiners is poor showing when you see what they are "whining" about and then saying you're now the "honourable" ones after getting yourself into a better position dishonourably LOL.

Will that keep 2 alliances powerblocked against us?
It would be another straw to clutch at to justify the 2 v 1 and is pretty laughable that you wrote that paragraph at all.

Must be great now youve 2 v 1'ed an alliance, that was previously 2 v 1'ed by your powerblock friends, that you can sit on more land untill the weekend with a snap on the other top alliance. Now all thats going to happen is you will have got your lead unfairly (imo) and will try 1 v 1 someone and then be all like "See we 1 v 1'ed you by ourselfs!!!".

Damage has been done this round ¬_¬

We wont give up though and will make life very difficult for whichever alliance decides to take a pop even if you do get on level with our troops. Shame on thee

Last edited:

Steve_God

Official Helper
How exactly do you moan loudly using text?
By having in in bold... or underlined... or colour... or bigger...

But more frequently here, by using more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more text - typically over multiple posts :p

[/off topic]

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Slightly more on topic

From the perspective of the Funkiest alliance on the block (who also happen to rank 4) ANQ hasn't massed us or bashed us at all, unlike the other 2 of the most active allies. So that would certainly rank them as a better ally in my books. Just my two cents. FL and HC are rapidly earning a spot on my list for insensible repeated bashing attacks. I'm voting for ANQ for the win, until Funkaphilia activates the MASTERPLAN of course.

*pokes bear(s)*

Last edited: