round 43 - ANQ|FL|HC love triangle

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I think they like to piss off hamilton, and hamilton is on our side :p

This isn't true. I respond to what I see as idiocy from Hamilton, sure, but my opinions of this round have nothing to do with him. I don't even know, or care, what alliance he is in. HC and FL are pretty much interchangeable as far as I'm concerned.

I think ANQ are the best alliance because of the way they have acted ingame this round. They are the only ones willing to try and take down the competition alone rather than trying to land farm smaller alliances and trying to 2 v 1.

They beat HC fairly easily, it seemed to me, and it was only because of a well-timed resistance when the scores were relatively close (HC and FL had roughly a 50% advantage iirc) which stopped them from running away with it.

And, this is a more personal beef, ANQ haven't sent any waves on us at all, whereas FL and HC have done quite a few. Sure, we're the 4th ranked alliance, but we're still only like 25% of your score. It is unnecessary and is only going to force more people to quit when they get bashed by overwhelming forces over and over again with no real hope of things improving. If you're all so not ftw then chill out with the ridiculous waves on targets barely into your 30% range.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
No! Please don't make me quit again. I'll be a good boy. I'll go ftw. Stop beating me. I can play from phone. Me love ftw long time! :':)':)':)':)':)'(

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
...saying you're now the "honourable" ones after getting yourself into a better position dishonourably LOL.
i dont think I ever called our alliance or tactics honourable. I dont think a single alliance has ever been honourable or could ever be honourable when going 2v1 and suceeding. Im just trying to emphasize you guys exagerate, and we havent exactly been in FTW total war mode, crush ANQ 2v1 til there is nothing left. but you guys seem to genuinely think it has been, or are exagerating. so i feel i have to exagerate back to make a point
Will that keep 2 alliances powerblocked against us?
It would be another straw to clutch at to justify the 2 v 1 and is pretty laughable that you wrote that paragraph at all.
and although my paragraph may have seemed laughable to you i genuinely saw people contemplating it! the attitude **** it...lets give them something to moan about. People i never thought would have that attitude, getting annoyed by all the shinanigans. If not for the realisation that a proper 2v1 versus rank 3 was plain riddiculous who knows what might have happened. but it was getting to the point of a bushtarion frankenstien. call some one monster enough you never know what they may end up doing.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
"sod it lets just go and 2v1 these moaning ninnys, and give them real hardship and unfairness to complain about, and deal with the consequences of a smug dax afterwards."

Damn, he saw right through my ACME façade machine.

/fistpalm

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
So my members can slate any alliance all they want. Especially when they have good reason to. Calling them whiners is poor showing when you see what they are "whining" about and then saying you're now the "honourable" ones after getting yourself into a better position dishonourably LOL.

They have nothing truly worth whining about. My ally was bashed by every ally early on because our names had a theme.

Podunk led DiP last round that had the same treatment.

Neither ally publicly complained about this.. but your ally gets in a 2v1 situation where both alliances combined are probably about 125-130% your troop score (at best) and all of a sudden its the most unfair thing to happen in the history of bush. Sounds like a bunch of drama queens to me.

Will that keep 2 alliances powerblocked against us?
It would be another straw to clutch at to justify the 2 v 1 and is pretty laughable that you wrote that paragraph at all.

If we were really going to powerblock you, it would be in massive attacks that would continue even now (instead of ending last weekend.. ) and you would be a lot further down the ranks.. Even if we never manage to kill your offliners.. No land = no growth. I don't like to do anything 1/2 assed. Calling this a power-block is silly (to say it nicely).

Must be great now youve 2 v 1'ed an alliance, that was previously 2 v 1'ed by your powerblock friends, that you can sit on more land untill the weekend with a snap on the other top alliance. Now all thats going to happen is you will have got your lead unfairly (imo) and will try 1 v 1 someone and then be all like "See we 1 v 1'ed you by ourselfs!!!".

First off - There was 1 attack from HC and Dimension, it was still sad because HC was almost the exact same size as you, but it was 1 attack, it's time to get over it.
2ndly - We 1v1'd dimension before we came anywhere near you.. We were smaller than them, and we smashed them. That is where we got most of our land.
3rdly - Up until HC's attack on you earlier today, we had less troop score than HC, if we decided to fight them 1v1, it would be none of your business, and it would be a fair fight (generally speaking). So we could fight them and say we fought a 1 on 1 fight fairly.

Damage has been done this round ¬_¬

We wont give up though and will make life very difficult for whichever alliance decides to take a pop even if you do get on level with our troops. Shame on thee

No one would expect anything else. Though I assume you mean which alliance takes a real lead.. According to you, you can't "attack" because of the "powerblock", and this "powerblock" would need to end before you could make life difficult on anyone.. :p

People are obviously not going to mail you, LS.
That's also one of the worst things you can do when discussions like this are going on - "mail me and talk to me like adults". I've seen that line used so much and it sucks!

This politics thread is a vent and discussion that we can have between us and by normal standards its "adult speak" between the majority.

Politics is a Discussion thread, not a gripe thread. If they want to gripe, take it to the appropriate forum. My offer to explain our policies is probably the best thing that can be offered. Anyone that truly cared about the situation and wasn't just moaning would take me up on the offer to understand the thought process behind it.

It is kind of silly for me to assume there are any other adults on this thread. Thanks for pointing that out, I will be sure to remember that in the future. <--- might be a bit mean but I'm leaving it there.. It's more true than false.

Slightly more on topic
From the perspective of the Funkiest alliance on the block (who also happen to rank 4) ANQ hasn't massed us or bashed us at all, unlike the other 2 of the most active allies. So that would certainly rank them as a better ally in my books. Just my two cents. FL and HC are rapidly earning a spot on my list for insensible repeated bashing attacks. I'm voting for ANQ for the win, until Funkaphilia activates the MASTERPLAN of course.

*pokes bear(s)*

I'll direct this at toby as well.

You haven't been massed much by FL this round. At most you have seen some "Hey, I'm gonna hit this guy, here's his allies, send along if you want" Which would include 4-5 folks on a good showing. 1 of which has almost always been a puppet. It seems kind of silly to complain about that when the R4 ally (at the time) was getting real masses from the top 3 allies simultaneously for the first week of the round. (Not just random sends..)

And you have been massed A LOT LESS than any of the other alliances in the top.. (Dimension included even though they are nearly broken apart at this point) And that is excluding Flak wars, where the difference would be even bigger. We haven't organized many waves outside of ANQ and Dimension this round at all infact.. And none since we started fighting Dimension over a week ago.

I tried to make all the responses logical and mostly unbiased (though that is impossible to completely achieve since I do take it somewhat personal when lies are spouted about my ally and its members), and I think it did a pretty decent job considering the material I had to work with.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Slightly more on topic
From the perspective of the Funkiest alliance on the block (who also happen to rank 4) ANQ hasn't massed us or bashed us at all, unlike the other 2 of the most active allies. So that would certainly rank them as a better ally in my books. Just my two cents. FL and HC are rapidly earning a spot on my list for insensible repeated bashing attacks. I'm voting for ANQ for the win, until Funkaphilia activates the MASTERPLAN of course.

*pokes bear(s)*

I'll direct this at toby as well.

You haven't been massed much by FL this round. At most you have seen some "Hey, I'm gonna hit this guy, here's his allies, send along if you want" Which would include 4-5 folks on a good showing. 1 of which has almost always been a puppet. It seems kind of silly to complain about that when the R4 ally (at the time) was getting real masses from the top 3 allies simultaneously for the first week of the round. (Not just random sends..)

And you have been massed A LOT LESS than any of the other alliances in the top.. (Dimension included even though they are nearly broken apart at this point) And that is excluding Flak wars, where the difference would be even bigger. We haven't organized many waves outside of ANQ and Dimension this round at all infact.. And none since we started fighting Dimension over a week ago.

Hey look, Lucky is spouting nonsense again! 4-5 Folks, about 400% our size, is a pretty big mass for an alliance that is (at this particular moment) 80bill score behind FL. Even if we got our entire alliance on (which never, ever happens) we'd still be badly out numbered, so while it might not be a detailed planned mass, it's still pretty damned lame :p

Of course we've been massed less than the other allies, we never said we were massed more, just that ANQ hasn't done it, and FL and HC have, and that that is why we like ANQ, and detest FL and HC. Dimension tried to play FTW, and got burned, which is completely different to our situation. The top three allies raping, or trying to rape (since some of us are out of range, or have nothing worth raping :p) a rank 4 alliance, many times smaller than them is just crap, as you well know Lucky ;)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
So, you love Rage Quiters because they have never attacked you? :p Great logic!

Based on that logic, FL should by extension, Hate HC, ANQ, Dimension, Funky, and probably 2-3 other allies too..

We don't hate anyone (that I'm aware of) Though, not even mildly dislike.. I do dislike certain members of certain alliances, but that's mostly because they are hypocrites.

(Hard to communicate online, but that's mostly done in an up-beat way.. so when you take offense at something.. I AM going to laugh at you, whoever you may be.. just saying)

Elderveld

Official Helper

Based on that logic, FL should by extension, Hate HC, ANQ, Dimension, Funky, and probably 2-3 other allies too..

We don't hate anyone (that I'm aware of) Though, not even mildly dislike.. I do dislike certain members of certain alliances, but that's mostly because they are hypocrites.

(Hard to communicate online, but that's mostly done in an up-beat way.. so when you take offense at something.. I AM going to laugh at you, whoever you may be.. just saying)

Care to explain of "Rage Quiters"?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Are you deliberately being dense? I'm obviously talking about the allies that are capable of waving us. That would be FL, HC, and ANQ. Dimension might possibly be able to put the effort in, but I doubt it. So of the three allies that can bash/wave us, 2 of them have, while one of them hasn't. As a result most of us have warm fuzzy feelings of friendliness to ANQ, and sharper, more angular feelings of unfriendliness to HC and FL. Stop being so dense, you knew what I meant, and you knew exactly why I meant it. So it's probably best if you don't make yourself look more foolish ;)

You and your ally are free to hate anyone you want, I'm not particularly fussed about what you guys want to do as an alliance. We dislike people who bash at their 30% and 35% range, you dislike whoever you want to dislike. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

EDIT: LS I find it amusing that everytime we find ourselves on the opposing sides of a discussion, you rarely ever address what I've said; and instead focus on one tiny point, blow it up out of all sensible proportion, and spout nonsense about it. It's an interesting debate technique :p

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
You know, I originally was throwing LS in the dirt, but I've decided to edit my post because he does it enough himself.

No one believes what anyone posts in these threads anyway. Every post is to make ones self sleep better at night.

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

Are you deliberately being dense? I'm obviously talking about the allies that are capable of waving us. That would be FL, HC, and ANQ. Dimension might possibly be able to put the effort in, but I doubt it. So of the three allies that can bash/wave us, 2 of them have, while one of them hasn't. As a result most of us have warm fuzzy feelings of friendliness to ANQ, and sharper, more angular feelings of unfriendliness to HC and FL. Stop being so dense, you knew what I meant, and you knew exactly why I meant it. So it's probably best if you don't make yourself look more foolish ;)

You and your ally are free to hate anyone you want, I'm not particularly fussed about what you guys want to do as an alliance. We dislike people who bash at their 30% and 35% range, you dislike whoever you want to dislike. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

EDIT: LS I find it amusing that everytime we find ourselves on the opposing sides of a discussion, you rarely ever address what I've said; and instead focus on one tiny point, blow it up out of all sensible proportion, and spout nonsense about it. It's an interesting debate technique :p

So, because I do to you what you do to everyone its nonsense? You continue to fail to be reasonable. We find ourselves on opposite sides so often because your first reaction is to resort to sarcasm on everything, instead of explaining anything. I've at least made the attempt to make my point understood instead of just trolling you over and over. (I can always pull a twigley and just post a pointless picture)

I'm merely saying that this is a war game, and disliking someone entirely for the reason that they attacked you is foolish. Your inability to grasp that after all the time you have played this game is indicative of other failures. Besides which, we are not 800% of your score, and the 4-5 folks that CAN attack you are our smaller members anyway. If you want a reason to complain, grow a bit, but joining a mostly-inactive alliance and expecting to never get attacked is unreasonable.

Toby - My grasp of logic is better than most... The inability to understand the meaning behind the words is where most folks fail in the understanding portion of their reading. You might want to work on that bit. I understood what Alci was saying, and was merely pointing out (in exaggeration) that it was a ridiculous notion. If you were unable to understand that then that is your fault.

Garett - No idea who you are but you are welcome to attempt to troll me. I can't promise I won't flame you back though. I've merely attempted to correct the lies that have been spread. I hate liars.. with a passion. I have even had to leave responding until I've had time to edit out all the insults.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
off topic:
Garett - No idea who you are but you are welcome to attempt to troll me. I can't promise I won't flame you back though. I've merely attempted to correct the lies that have been spread. I hate liars.. with a passion. I have even had to leave responding until I've had time to edit out all the insults.

think hes married? to lady dark angel, or something. (the female dark angel not the male one). if he is the original garett. sounds alot like him. but thought he had stopped playing...though his previous sarcastic post seems to indicate otherwise

welcome back i guess...if its another garett then yeah havent heard of you ... i see alot of non Fl/HC/ANQ people posting...its fair enough if funkaphila prefer ANQ because ANQ havent attacked you. even with members in range......power blocking rank 5!!! omg

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Toby - My grasp of logic is better than most... The inability to understand the meaning behind the words is where most folks fail in the understanding portion of their reading. You might want to work on that bit. I understood what Alci was saying, and was merely pointing out (in exaggeration) that it was a ridiculous notion. If you were unable to understand that then that is your fault.

Yeah, because we totally bashed you and are therefore perfect targets for hate. OH WAIT!

No. Just no. You bash us, we don't bash you. So we don't like you. How does that concept extend to us being possible targets for your hate when we don't bash you. We're like 25% of your score. That is where your logic fails.

I understand the meaning behind the words, but that doesn't stop the words being wrong, which they are.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

@Willy - LDA and I teased alot, but not married. HG is my wife.

@LS I was playing actively and ftw when you used to whine about how unfair the game was. Your posts are beyond pitiful, but I appreciate you trying to break stuff to look tuff.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Right, so people above you are apparently beneath contempt for seeking out the easiest targets for small and relatively guaranteed land? I led a rank 4 alliance, which was a 'feeder' for the top 3. I never complained once.

You get your head down and defend, and attack for the losses back. It's simple. I didn't have the following to make any sort of successful up-attacking, so I stuck with defending what I had effectively. You can take a gander for yourself, that nobody complained of mass incoming from TDA a couple of rounds back - In fact, I've re-recruited many of them since because they were dedicated to rebuilding and defending despite being constantly battered from above.

I just don't get what the big fuss is - You can either accept the fact you're the most capable 'half-assed' alliance, and come hand-in-hand with being a 'feeder' alliance, or you can just sort of stop doing anything and be relatively similar to Discworld. Why all the hate for people playing the game?

/facepalm

Reactions: Max

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
We are allowed to both play the game as we want and still complain about absurd bashing on us. Get real DaX.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

@Willy - LDA and I teased alot, but not married. HG is my wife.

@LS I was playing actively and ftw when you used to whine about how unfair the game was. Your posts are beyond pitiful, but I appreciate you trying to break stuff to look tuff.

You obviously never played FTW when I was playing then. I haven't gotten active in the forums until the last few years, and I have defended the games difficultly more than many. You either have me confused with someone else or are talking out of your ass.

Ogluk - Agree.. (Simple as)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
When you got active in the forums means nothing. Your words also mean nothing. I simply said I remember your nooby rounds, and that it's a shame that you retain your noobiness.