Thinking of playing - Don't (Chronicles of a RageQuiter)

Davs

Garden Designer
I have no sympathy for you and disagree with everything you said. The "Resistance" was nothing more than a mass bash of alliances that were barely behind us at all and used the name as an excuse.

However, sucks that someone else quits. Bye

Excluding the details about what's happened this round which I have don't know anything about, I entirely agree with Twigley.

Fair enough you're annoyed at the game, and maybe you really have chosen to completely pack it in, but telling people not to play the game in the title? Seriously dude, chill out and get over yourself. The playerbase is dying as it is, and you're telling people not to play just because it doesn't suit you. Well done.

GooDGoodBye

Pruner
From my 2 and half rounds of experince I can tell that the winning alliance is always is the on with the most active and contactable players FROM THE START. I dont think the top players differs in skill so much just that being active and contactable means almost everything.

Last round jukebox had the most active and contactble players and you could tell almost from the third day of the round that their were going to win.

Anyways what disturbs me the most is not the bashing. Its just that skill in this game measures in activity and contactbility.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Last round jukebox had the most active and contactble players and you could tell almost from the third day of the round that their were going to win.

We had a nightcover player not log in for 13 days before being kicked. We had our leader(myself) not log in for 10 days. We had about 5 players outside top 100 ticks online. When we got mass incs at the start of the round we only managed to get 14 people online to defend, while the rank 2 alliance always got 18/19 online when we hit them. I'm not saying MLP have no skills or anything, I'm just saying that activity and contactability isn't decisive.
You need to know how to use your advantages and exploit your opponent's disadvantages. Sure, activity and contactability makes the difference between rank 1 and rank 10, but not between rank 1 and rank 2. Also you shouldn't expect to perform well without being active. It just makes no sense. If you don't train your ass off every day, you don't win the gold medal in the Olympics.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Thanks for your posts

There is no point playing a game if imo you have no chance in winnning or at the very least competitive for the whole round. This game has neither. There is no strategy that is allowable outside of activity and/or contactability that will keep you at the top. Don't get me wrong I have hit top ten players at various times in game both as solo and allied but only till the top ally notices someone of theirs isn't in top 20 and they all come at you.

As for the !@#$ who moved the post and/or suggested my suggestion for improving the game was rubbish.....I am guessing you are one of those people in TBA who doesn't want his/her advantage taken away from them.

The thing I find most interesting is despite Azzers efforts in trying to make the game as "balanced" as possible he has invented a game that actually plays the total opposite.

Cheers

Coruba

Rosa

Pruner
I love how you cry after getting 2 waves from us. You (EH), Mo Dakka, and Charades all got together and massed us, how do you think we (TBA) felt when we saw 150 incs on our screens from 40 different people? And this was for 3 days in a row, not just one night. If you didn’t want us to end your alliance then you shouldn’t have helped Charades in the first place.

In short, yess lemme taste your tears.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Typical forum dynamics. Make a post - 2 pages of people debating - make the same post, neglecting everything that's been said

ZeHatman

Weeder
It's always a shame to see someone leave a game because they're unhappy, particularily given the circumstances. Having only played for a few rounds myself I have to say, of all the rounds i've seen, this has been the hardest fought out among the top. I would have said that this is an argument for how the game still works.

Charades, Mo Dakka, Tba, EH and any others who took part in the battle thats taken place since the round started have done a great job of both defending and attacking. It is a shame that someone was so disheartened by the outcome of the war that they decided to quit the game.

Unfortunately war is the nature of the game and there must be winners and losers. Still, this has been the most exciting round start ive been involved with and for those not lucky enough to be in TBA, theres always next round (or who knows, maybe this round).

Davs

Garden Designer
As for the !@#$ who moved the post and/or suggested my suggestion for improving the game was rubbish.....I am guessing you are one of those people in TBA who doesn't want his/her advantage taken away from them.

Whilst I don't know what suggestion you're talking about, chances are I'm one of the people who said it was rubbish as I try to pay attention to the suggestions thread. The reason I assume that what you said was rubbish is based on the fact that you assume that anyone who disagrees with a suggestion you make must be part of the rank 1 alliance. In the 5 years I've played this game I am yet to see a suggestion that only the people who play at the top have issues with - it simply doesn't happen.

DISCLAIMER: You strike me as someone who needs this explained: I DO NOT nor HAVE EVER nor WILL EVER play to win. I AM NOT nor HAVE EVER nor WILL EVER be in the rank 1 alliance. I respond to suggestions with the point of view from someone who has played, very happily, in the lower ranks since Round 15. Can people who make bad suggestions stop just assuming that when people say that their suggestion won't work, it isn't just the top *****ing because the game will get harder for them, it's probably just because the suggestion is flawed in some, significant way.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Basically, contactability, and to a lesser degree activity is the be all when it comes to score/value. But if that is not your cup of tea, it is great fun to be had bountyhunting, hoarding effectiveness or honour/fame (that is also portal-ranks you know) Or just collect awards for that matter.

I lead an alliance last round, Lead Balloon, where noone was contactable and several players could be away for days at a time, but it was still greta fun, and a decent challenge (many wars with Black Hole, Coffee Dhop and Deception for instance).

Its to bad you didn't get, or want to experience those sides of the game...

Podunk

Head Gardener
Well, in order to win, you need to have a dedicated group of players that want to play for themselves and for their alliance. Everyone has to pull their weight. TBA has done that. They have put forth the effort it takes to win, and didn't give up at the sight of large incomings. Then when they had an opportunity to strike back, they took it. They smelled blood in the water when the enemy alliances were falling and capitalized on it. They used their killer instinct. That is why they are on top.

It didn't have to end up that way though, the resistance this round could have worked if we had that same killer instinct. TBA was brought to the brink at least once after the second round of resistance hits. Though after 3 waves or so, everyone either got bored or tired of organizing and decided it would be best to not hit TBA again for 3 days. Then TBA went right back on charades, and stole back more acres than they lost in the next couple days.

We took the knife off their neck, and let them take control again. We had the tech advantage and we had the troop advantage (if people came on to use them at least). But we didn't do a damn thing with it.

So if all you want to do is win Coruba; get 19 other people in an alliance that want to win just as badly as you do. The problem is finding 19 people with that same goal. There aren't too many players that want to give the effort required to win it any more.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
wtf is wrong with people...

Do you quite playing COD because you cant get rank 1?

You play to have fun in the moment, win some battles, you dont care about rank 1. Youre always gonna lose some, but that doesnt stop you from enjoying the ones you win.

Its the same damn thing in bush. I'm getting sick of b*tches "omg u all so gay and active i cant win boo hoo i quit"

Instead of rage quiting
quit playing ftw

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Thanks for your posts

There is no point playing a game if imo you have no chance in winnning or at the very least competitive for the whole round. This game has neither. There is no strategy that is allowable outside of activity and/or contactability that will keep you at the top. Don't get me wrong I have hit top ten players at various times in game both as solo and allied but only till the top ally notices someone of theirs isn't in top 20 and they all come at you.

The thing I find most interesting is despite Azzers efforts in trying to make the game as "balanced" as possible he has invented a game that actually plays the total opposite.

Cheers

Coruba

as someone who has played from just about every angle.. I can honestly say, You can definitely do well without being contactable all the time.. all it takes is a bit of know how and a decent activity record.. Keep playing..

Zehatman - Quit mailing HQs you nub! Else Imma come slap you!

and MLP was never ftw - there were at least 3 people that were Uncontactable, and not particularly active, We didn't win because we didn't want to put in the effort :p We did want to put up a fight, and we did! so mission accomplished. We did as well as we did because most of the ally was good friends and wanted to protect each other..

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Hi, the terrible InsomN here.

My apologies if I came across as arrogant in Basic Training, this might not be a good time to say this but, I was 'You can bite my colossal metal ass' too.

I'm sorry you feel the need to quit this game due to being repeatedly bashed, this is partly the current player bases fault for repeat attacking 'easy' land. But is mainly down to players like YOU.

Yes you, for quitting when times get hard. Every one gets bashed by the rank one alliance and thus starts of a chain of bashing down the ranks to recuperate lost land. This wasn't so bad 10-15 rounds ago when the playerbase was 2-3 times the size it is now. More players means more targets = less bashing = more fun.

Any way, sorry to hear you're going. Its a shame i never got to fight with you and not against you. The player base WILL miss you because as you leave there becomes 1 less target, small on a current scale, massive blow in the long run.

Good luck in life out side Bushtarion.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Another victim of the unfair game of Bushtarion.
/turns off sarcasm

Okay, well I've had a few chats with you before Coruba, and you seemed pretty into learning - I spent a fair bit of time explaining tactics with certain routes, and the concepts of ratios and the like, but ultimately a craftsman cannot blame his tools. He can only blame himself when he fails.
How you see your situation as failure, is what you have done wrong. Your alliance were never going to get rank 1, even if the resistance did succeed. You would then have another alliance doing the same thing, as technically you were the weakest alliance of the three resistance alliances. And I know that would be my train of thought as a successful resistance alliance.

As for the comments regarding Jukebox, the alliance was full of experienced people, that decided to have a bash at playing hard at the start, and seeing where it got us (I will point to dRageQuit, who were of similar mindset). Contactability was not a requirement, and in fact, most chose not to take that path until we had already won, or for mass attacks. We won because we made our lead early in, and the only valid competition by the time intel was out (Kraken, ironically) was just drowned by our first wave. If I was honest, I believe out of the starting lineup, I was the only lazy person (as I didn't really want to play actively, nor ftw) in the entire group.

Good luck quitting, and if you decide to return, say hey in the #bush room. I linger there occasionally.

FeR

Harvester
Thanks for your posts

Cheers

Coruba

Really, but really, i really really, think you are so, but so so so wrong, it makes me sick.

I will not keep repeating what everyone said, not only all the players from TBA (which im sure deserves were they are stand now) but almost everyone with one brain, or even half.

Resuming everything; If you find a game which last 3 months, and you can win it without playing (being half fun as bushtarion is), please log in here once more, and post the link.

This thread is really stupid. I cannot believe people are still answering here. I cant believe im really posting here. Really, i cant.

Btw, good luck finding that game which dont exists.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Ha I'm with you Coruba... This time it's Charades:

100,141,741 staff incoming from [Chardes Basher 7] eta 6. Attacking.
75,000,000 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 6] eta 4. Attacking.
22,667,713 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 5] eta 3. Attacking.
61,834,396 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 4] eta 2. Attacking.
83,100,000 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 3] eta 2. Attacking.
126,066,004 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 2] eta 1. Attacking.
118,427,471 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 1] eta 1. Attacking.
Total: 587,237,325 incoming hostile.

7 Players... Need there be more said?
It's not like I'm in TBA are this is something we could manage.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Ha I'm with you Coruba... This time it's Charades:

100,141,741 staff incoming from [Chardes Basher 7] eta 6. Attacking.
75,000,000 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 6] eta 4. Attacking.
22,667,713 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 5] eta 3. Attacking.
61,834,396 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 4] eta 2. Attacking.
83,100,000 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 3] eta 2. Attacking.
126,066,004 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 2] eta 1. Attacking.
118,427,471 staff incoming from [Charades Basher 1] eta 1. Attacking.
Total: 587,237,325 incoming hostile.

7 Players... Need there be more said?
It's not like I'm in TBA are this is something we could manage.

Unfortunately, that's Bush. Some people don't think about the effects of actions like that. Which in this case is demoralizing.
You could at least use some creativity, and plans - As the rank 2 alliance, I don't really class that as acceptable at all.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The sad thing is that I bet most people of us look at that incoming and immediately think "that isn't so bad...I've seen worse".

Shape up, fools.