Thinking of playing - Don't (Chronicles of a RageQuiter)

Davs

Garden Designer
it's not really a powerblock, they're not directly helping each other - they're just too lazy to fight each other. I'm not defending them for being lazy and making the game more stale, but they're not exactly doing what you yourself were doing a few rounds ago...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
By a few you mean 10 rounds ago when not hitting another alliance and/or powerblocking wasn't against the EULA.

With the new rule:

5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all.

I would say that the alliances below the two that havnt touched each other all round are suffering big time because of it. It's almost half way through the round and they are just hitting down and leaving each other alone. Two alliances that can attack together on one but can't attack each other? Charades who can get 7=10 people to do some kind of strange rush on TBA but cant attack MoDakka? BS

Next round maybe me and JJ should lead two alliances and attack the rank 1 alliance early round together and then not touch each other at all and just hit downwards. I'm fairly amazed (wait no im not lol @ Azzer) it's been allowed to go on for so long.

Angela

Harvester
By a few you mean 10 rounds ago when not hitting another alliance and/or powerblocking wasn't against the EULA.

With the new rule:

5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all.

I would say that the alliances below the two that havnt touched each other all round are suffering big time because of it. It's almost half way through the round and they are just hitting down and leaving each other alone. Two alliances that can attack together on one but can't attack each other? Charades who can get 7=10 people to do some kind of strange rush on TBA but cant attack MoDakka? BS

Next round maybe me and JJ should lead two alliances and attack the rank 1 alliance early round together and then not touch each other at all and just hit downwards. I'm fairly amazed (wait no im not lol @ Azzer) it's been allowed to go on for so long.

So you get rushes and cry because rank 2 and 3 are to lazy to attack each other.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Im not crying. Like i said i don't care. The rushes are not succesful so who cares. Why even bring that up lol. We dealth with you all mass gangbanging us when you went off to cry to the other alliances. But i feel sorry for the alliances below who have to put up with you.

Stop with the "too lazy" excuse. It's utter BS lol. Any round where Azzer was around you'd have been spoken to already. You attacked together on us and now don't hit each other AT ALL all round. It's a powerblock im afraid.

Angela

Harvester
Im not crying. Like i said i don't care. The rushes are not succesful so who cares. Why even bring that up lol. We dealth with you all mass gangbanging us when you went off to cry to the other alliances. But i feel sorry for the alliances below who have to put up with you.

Stop with the "too lazy" excuse. It's utter BS lol. Any round where Azzer was around you'd have been spoken to already. You attacked together on us and now don't hit each other AT ALL all round. It's a powerblock im afraid.

well you would be the expert on powerblocks but, md and charades dont attack togther we have to my knowledge no mutual agreement not to attack each other maybe neither of us are willing to get so far into tba range where we will be gangbanged for 48 hours solid by you guys? so id say yes we was to lazy maybe not to attack each other but to deal with you guys constantly.

Oh and you rushes you will notice .. you brought them up in that post.

Toast

Pruner
Im not crying. Like i said i don't care.

You know what other people do when they don't cry or don't care? They don't post.

If i was the leader of the rank 4,5,6 alliance i would be screaming and shouting at how lame they are being and i would certainly be mailing Azzer to ask if he could do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure that sounds like crying and caring.

Any round where Azzer was around you'd have been spoken to already.

Actually, I'm sure you don't speak for Azzer, therefore saying what he would or wouldn't do is just specualting and holds no real truth.

You attacked together on us and now don't hit each other AT ALL all round.

I can't tell, but is this a lot of not crying, or the not caring part?

That is kinda vague im my opinion and doesn't directly apply to 40 people finding their own targets on their own time. You can't make anyone attack certain ID's. And if you bring the rule up, tell us exactly how the r2, r3 allies are detrimenting the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all. Also note that the "enjoyed by all" refers to the 40 players in the r2, r3 allies.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Twigley speaking as if he knew anything about MD.. pfft

Mo dakka hardly makes any attacks, and the only organized attacks I've seen were on TBA (more or less) so the fact that MD doesn't attack the rank 2 ally shouldn't be a surprise.. they hardly attack ANYONE at all.. and almost always attack alone.

I can't really say what Charades does and doesnt do, I don't pay enough attention, but if they are hitting down, is that not what alliances do? if they aren't hitting MD, wouldn't it suggest they would prefer easier targets? I know your bored and the only thing you can do in your spare time is complain.. but at least keep it to yourself.. no one cares..

and you quoted my post, saying what I had already said.. and then when I point it out, you go on about something that had nothing to do with what we were talking about..

if yer bored.. go to the gym! its good way to spend your extra time and you feel good afterwards.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
First off, i thought Angela was bring up the fact that i was posting just because we had the rushes. I dont care about the rushes and this isnt why i posted. I was just saying that they can attack with a fair few people but chose not to do it to MoDakka. I was saying why bring up the rush part in relation to me "crying" about stuff. So..

You know what other people do when they don't cry or don't care? They don't post.

If i was the leader of the rank 4,5,6 alliance i would be screaming and shouting at how lame they are being and i would certainly be mailing Azzer to ask if he could do anything about it.

Im pretty sure i said i didnt care or "crying" about the rushes, not about the fact that two alliances are effectively powerblocking. Youve taken it out of context. Grats.

Any round where Azzer was around you'd have been spoken to already.

Actually, I'm sure you don't speak for Azzer, therefore saying what he would or wouldn't do is just specualting and holds no real truth.

Actually he talked to me in the RRR S2N Enminity round and told me i wasn't allowed to work with another alliance and not attack them on two seperate occasions. If he is true to form and applied it to this case i would assume he would do the same thing.

You attacked together on us and now don't hit each other AT ALL all round.

I can't tell, but is this a lot of not crying, or the not caring part?

Like i said before, i said i didnt care about the rushes. You've again taken that little part and applied it to my entire post. Grats.

That is kinda vague im my opinion and doesn't directly apply to 40 people finding their own targets on their own time. You can't make anyone attack certain ID's. And if you bring the rule up, tell us exactly how the r2, r3 allies are detrimenting the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all. Also note that the "enjoyed by all" refers to the 40 players in the r2, r3 allies.

Azzer made me due to that very rule. He made my alliance not be able to attack one alliance and hit the other because he deemed it powerblocking for me to do so. Again, i assume he would stick to his past form.

Twigley speaking as if he knew anything about MD.. pfft

I know how inactive they are already.
Ogluk has said himself on the forums (even in this thread) that they think Charades are pussies for not hitting them.
When we hit Modakka there is little defence and they have minimal contactability.
When we hit Charades there are mass defenders most of the time.

I can't really say what Charades does and doesnt do, I don't pay enough attention, but if they are hitting down, is that not what alliances do? if they aren't hitting MD, wouldn't it suggest they would prefer easier targets? I know your bored and the only thing you can do in your spare time is complain.. but at least keep it to yourself.. no one cares..

So you have no idea about this round but you want to comment on it and tell me not to. Makes sense. And the replies i see so far are from members of Charades (And ofc Davs pointing something out but not commenting on the topic) and you who are mates with them. Ofcourse they dont want to hear it.

Charades hit TBA with MoDakka and EH. They worked together.
Charades then doesnt hit MoDakka all round so far. Not even once. I've never seen it ever in any round where two high ranked alliances havnt fought each other almost 50% into the round. Thats like 35 rounds of not seeing that, lol.

Are we now setting the president that two alliances can not hit each other all round after working together?
Because if that's so then im definately leading next round and using our pretend lazyness as an excuse to not fight.

Changer

Head Gardener
I've never seen it ever in any round where two high ranked alliances havnt fought each other almost 50% into the round. Thats like 35 rounds of not seeing that, lol.

I have, although does that not count cause it was three alliances? And what about the Virus rounds? Just saying.

/me toodles on

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Without it being classed as a powerblock, Changer. But thanks for the post, dear. xxx

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I've never seen it ever in any round where two high ranked alliances havnt fought each other almost 50% into the round. Thats like 35 rounds of not seeing that, lol.

I have, although does that not count cause it was three alliances? And what about the Virus rounds? Just saying.

/me toodles on

It happens all the time tbh.

Twigley, leave the decisions of other alliances to their alliance leaders. You can't control everything in the world.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Im fairly sure you can talk about it though. But if the politics section of the forums isn't the place for discussing alliance relations then i'm sorry, toby.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Fair point, captain pedantic.

Im fairly sure I can talk about a powerblock and alliance decisions on the forums.

Toast

Pruner

Im pretty sure i said i didnt care or "crying" about the rushes, not about the fact that two alliances are effectively powerblocking. Youve taken it out of context. Grats.

Actually, you got her reply wrong:
So you get rushes and cry because rank 2 and 3 are to lazy to attack each other.

Notice she says cry BECAUSE rank 2 and 3 don't attack each other. Let me break that down for you. "you...cry because rank 2 and 3 are to lazy to attack each other." So you've effectively answered her back, and now you are saying I'm taking your answer out of context? Not true. Either you are trying to change the meaning of your answer, or you are the one who took her reply out of context. Either way, my reply still stands. You are crying and caring about something, no matter what you think you are answering.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Yay Twigs stirring the pot, what else is new.

A quick history lesson: Your alliances played under one name, with three separate branches. That is why the rule exists. If anything this looks like you're trying to redirect that onto others. Anyone that puts a bit of thought into the matter can see that.

Now, to be fair, I haven't been around the past month actively. For some of us, it is final exams/project time. That means that I'm not organizing anything, and starting a war with a bigger alliance that is much more active/contactable than us is just stupid. I'm playing this round for fun, I didn't want to get woken up every night for a game.

So I suppose not causing more trouble than we need to is an obvious: POWERBLOCK ZOMG POWERBLOCK PODUNK!

On another note, I'm not sure why Charades haven't bothered hitting us, but the only thing I can think of is that we'd take a bit of effort to bring down, therefor they opt to hit much smaller alliances/solos where the land/kills are easier to get.

With respect to this quote:
quit trying to act like everyone else shares your same values and views. If they want to voice their opinion and actually feel that way; they can if they want to. But chances are they don't take this game very seriously because at the end of the day it's just a game.

Anyways Twigs, I'm sure you have something better to do than to whine about a game, speculate, and nitpick about rules. I certainly do.

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
twigley - i can comment freely about what I do know, and I know MD. Angela is the only poster that I am mates with, I have never been allied with davs (that I can remember) and Angela enjoys making fun of you whether I am or not. :p Insomn posted, but said nothing.. so once again you point out your own ignorance.. followed by this:
Charades haven't hit MD at all? There have been no major organized attacks that I can remember (There might have been one while I was offline, but I only vaguely remember something about it) but there have been plenty of random attacks and rushes. Continue to speak as if you know everything about this alliance.. and I'll continue to get my laughs out of it. Perhaps its time you took a break from politics and just listen, by opening your mouth, you seem to be missing out on what is actually going on.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Perhaps if you had taken a look at charades or modakka alliance statistic page you will see that untill 2 days ago that neither alliance had done a single unit of damage to each other. Not 1 loss. Not a 69 fake mob lost. Not a fight to stop a land loss. Not anything. That whole system was put in their primarily so the game could see if alliances were warring with each other. I really cant take anything you say about this round seriously if you are under the illusion that there is some kind of fight going on. Lol.

The fact is two allies worked together (I dont care how little or how much) and almost half way into the round havnt fought each other.

Is this ok to do from now on? In the past it wasn't. Can we now just say 'too lazy to attack' and thats it? You can avoid another alliance and have a situation where two alliances effectively powerblock everyone below them? Azzer said himself it was unfortunate that situations like this may arise where people used the too scared or lazy excuse.

To me that doesn't sound right at all. If thats fine from now on then just say. I've been blasted on these forums im the past for not hitting an ally for a few DAYS never mind weeks, months or at all.

Podunk im dissapointed you didnt pick up on how I was indicating its more of a charades thing than a modakka thing. I did spell it out. I know how inactive you guys are and how Charades had been using everyone early round. Im not proclaiming that the two of you have a joint IRC channel or that you mail each other with sweet nothing. Just the fact that youre not fighting each other in a war game after being used by them early round which to me is effectively a powerblock.

Anyway I should prolly stop debating something with modakka and charades members who will obviously all deny that its having a negative impact or that its one of the lamest things since .. since round 30.

Im too lazy ( ;) ) to reply showing you how the misunderstanding over why on earth she mentioned the rushes in her reply to how I am apparently crying really doesnt matter in the slightest and how youre picking up on an insignifcant point and ignoring everything else.

Podunk

Head Gardener
I didn't read the past couple pages, sorry. Just saw what toast was replying to. So I suppose my post was made with respect to things you have said out of context on this thread, so take them w/ a grain of salt. Anyways back to Terraria :D

Also, it hasn't been a case of laziness at least on our side. But of business. End of a hectic school year for me :\