Round 36 Award Discussion

Ryu

Pruner
A good ally in it's prime, yes. But after losing to a spy, inactive players, people on holiday, and a half filled alliance.. tends to lose it's purpose.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
A good alliance is a good alliance throughout the round, not for a week. Look at WFM for instance. They played the whole round with pretty much the same players - probably changed 3 tops. Prest on the other hand - started halfway through the round, got land fat quickly, people got bored and went inactive, others thought they were too good for a rank 3/4 alliance and decided to be glory hunters leaving half their "comrades" behind. Doesn't particularly sound like an alliance that needs to be remembered(not for any good reasons at least)

edd

Tree Surgeon
* Worst Alliance - Prest, they rose fast when they got 9 players from oxy in 10 days, most of which were the larger members, but they couldn't do much against oxy and half if not more of them shipjumped as soon as opportunity came knocking.

* Worst Leader - Recon, i understand he shipjumped from Prest to the top alliance and then got left behind, taken back by prest and then shipjumped again to Comeuppence...(I could be wrong)

We didn't "steal" anyone. And from what I understand; Recon left once to try and help resistance, got K/R'ed, came back to Prest, our alliance was pretty much done, then he got who he could into Comeuppance. He saved who he could, and I commend him for it. Sadly, not everyone could come.

I didn't say steal, but you can't deny you had lot's of players from oxy in a very short time period and that is the only reason you took rank3. Maybe it was 7 players instead of 9, but that's a relatively small difference.

Ryu

Pruner
I've said my peace, and I'm happy with my performance this round.

Zaheen

BANNED
I've said my peace, and I'm happy with my performance this round.
I'm not happy with mine...apparently moving to History for 24 hours made me a hypocrite.

It was either that or hit sleep for 7 days / delete - had too much land to go back to solo, and didn't have the time to play.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I think at that point we had maybe.. 12 people. 4 were on Holiday and weren't due back for some time, and the others.. Maybe 3 active and giving a crap. The alliance was done, plain and simple.

Our alliance had I believe 5/6 people {of which 3 were in the top 5 in score} on holiday at once. I was one of these people.
You ask anyone in our group, and you'll find that we aren't all invincible. We have been generally speaking FTF {besides Brandon, who is at best a complete beast for activity anyway} - I have been very inactive in comparison to previous rounds. I have an average of just under six hours, and my normal round average is nearer to ten hours a day. I've been UC, on holiday, and have had sleep {despite having a very severe sleeping disorder the past 7 months}.
We are rank 2. We have fought rank 1 this entire round without many complaints {bar the awful attacking mannerisms}.
There is no excuse for disbanding an alliance. Ever. There are always other options.

Caranthir

Harvester
I think at that point we had maybe.. 12 people. 4 were on Holiday and weren't due back for some time, and the others.. Maybe 3 active and giving a crap. The alliance was done, plain and simple.

Our alliance had I believe 5/6 people {of which 3 were in the top 5 in score} on holiday at once. I was one of these people.
You ask anyone in our group, and you'll find that we aren't all invincible. We have been generally speaking FTF {besides Brandon, who is at best a complete beast for activity anyway} - I have been very inactive in comparison to previous rounds. I have an average of just under six hours, and my normal round average is nearer to ten hours a day. I've been UC, on holiday, and have had sleep {despite having a very severe sleeping disorder the past 7 months}.
We are rank 2. We have fought rank 1 this entire round without many complaints {bar the awful attacking mannerisms}.
There is no excuse for disbanding an alliance. Ever. There are always other options.

The other option is to recruit DaX then disband it when only he isn't online. That is always a good plan.

And yes, I was leader of rank 2. And yes, I was paying attention to what was going on. And yes, 8 players leaving one alliance for another in the span of 5 hours I consider to be leeching players and dishonorable. Especially when the plan for later is to join up with member splitting off from rank 1. Which members in my alliance told me they had been approached by Recon about.

Maybe I don't have all the facts, but maybe you don't either.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Ryu, I have friends in every alliance. Don't tell me I don't know what was going on. DaX is right, we had a point with 6 people on vacation at once. At least 12 of our members have been on a vacation for 4-21 days this round. 14 max people logged on per day, and quite a few weren't active still.

Last round my alliance (Omgpop) were winning the round until our leader backstabbed us. We were down to like 4-5 original members, and 11-12 total members. All of our original members could have had the oppurtunity to shipjump to the top alliance, but you know what? We didn't. We stuck together for the next 2 weeks staying on 11-12 members losing another 5+ people we ended up recruiting because we kept getting hit so hard and they jumped to rank 3 or rank 1, but sticking at rank 2 none the less. We finally managed to fill up after 10 days and stabilize, and we ended up rank 2.

No alliance is ever over until you decide it to be. Had you taken a stand and taken over the alliance maybe you could have saved Prest from disbanding. Your leader, Recon, had the same option, as did the rest of your members who jumped. Don't tell us you didn't have an option - You did. You chose the easy way to a better rank - Most people do, it doesn't make you a horrible player/person compared to the rest but you sure as hell can't say you didn't have a choice.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I'd like to throw in my 2 cents on the end of the round areas.

First off, the first time Recon left the ally was to "spy" in history, which backfired when they backstabbed each other within like, 24hrs of joining :p ^_^ he rejoined after being K/R ed from History. There was some attempts at a resistance, but it was difficult to put much effort into it, especially from me as I was always at work when the attacks were going on, so I mostly stuck behind incase we needed defense.. ^_^

Then there was another backstabbing within the R1 alliance, where all the members that shipjumped to lower alliances went back to R1, and the members that back-stabbed History mostly got killed off. The resistance got put on hold, and Prest started getting a lot of incoming, I don't remember specifically from who, but their rank dropped rapidly. After they disbanded and recon jumped to rank 1 with a few of his members, the "resistance" started up again with a bit more participation from everyone (I think even I sent a few attacks ^_^) but still no real organization. Eventually it was decided that we weren't that interested in doing anything, so we went back to our respective alliances (this was after Oxy took massive damage from the R1 ally and BT had rank 3 for a short time)

After that, R1 started attacking us using the excuse that they were "crushing the resistance," which wouldn't have been bad if Oxy and WFM didn't also start attacking us.. ^_^ I think we held up pretty well considering i have several new players with me who aren't contactable, and a few players who weren't interested in playing anymore.. ^_^ But eventually, when we were starting to work towards the 48hr mark, people stopped answering pranks, and go zeroed.. it was 3am on saturday morning, when I had already been up for just under 24hrs after not sleeping well for 3 days that I finally hit sleep... I woke up 24hrs later to an alliance that was mostly in sleep mode, and whoever wasn't had less than 2k acres.. All of whom had over 10k before I went to sleep, and we STILL had constant incoming for another 48-72hrs until no one had any land left, and the piggy'ers figured out I still had plenty of troops to protect my small members..

And now, the only members who still have any acres are those that went on vacation and are still in sleep mode.. ^_^ And we have to fight off CU and meercat manor on defense.. :p and occasionally others when they think I'm UC, which is a rare event indeed :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
*Worst leader - I don't usually do this one since it stirs up bad feelings, BUT....did i hear correctly about mid-round that Recon was leading an ally...while spying for another ally (WTF)?

lucky got it:

I'd like to throw in my 2 cents on the end of the round areas.

First off, the first time Recon left the ally was to "spy" in history, which backfired when they backstabbed each other within like, 24hrs of joining :p ^_^ he rejoined after being K/R ed from History.

what lucky didnt mention is we foolishly lost some good active contactable players to let hero swat davinnie & phantom in. and ofc there was a lot of dross kicked but genurinely could have made a good stand without those members had we held on to the few goodones we had. they were oxy but we were fighting them pretty hard. and we were only meant to be for the fun idling around. alot of other members left ebcause they didnt plan to play as actively as we were asking. elle,koenije etc.

when the resistance started recon left to spie. as didzaheen supposedly. dunno if he intended to spie or what.

then history disbands, comuppance forms. and at some point hero swat, davinnie and phantom and those we had taken in, jump to comuppance to take down what remains of history.

this leaves prest pretty exposed. and we dont fully recover and fill up even after recon rejoins to fix things before we get alot of incoming. but the incoming wasnt too bad. but ithe lack of players was we had quite a few on holiday. and i think recon had already decided to take a few to comeuppance. and was talk awhile before is prest to much hassle. went from ftf, to ftw. and recon wasnt planning to lead a ftw alliance

but yeah then recon takes a few of the core of prest, leaves a few behind to go to comeuppance. and doesnt manage to sort out properly some one taking over to repair #prest. so the alliance fails.

so you could give him worst leader for leaving the alliance he started at a very bad time, and not sorting out a new leader properly. but i dont think for trying to spie for the resistance he deserves worst leader.

Caranthir

Harvester
he never tried to spy for the resistance. He always had the intention (with Hero) of creating a split in History and getting with those split members to try and take rank 1 the even easier way. (At least from what I have heard from other people he was trying to recruit to join the split ally).

Can't say I was sad that he and Hero got K/R'd from Comeuppance.

Edit: Also, there was no resistance for him to spy for, since Jay and I did not trust him. (well, I wasn't getting WFM involved with any resistance including Recon at least, and had enough mails from oxy after Hero and Recon left that indicated they wouldn't really want to put any plans into their hands either). So him spying to help the resistance is laughable.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
he never tried to spy for the resistance. He always had the intention (with Hero) of creating a split in History and getting with those split members to try and take rank 1 the even easier way. (At least from what I have heard from other people he was trying to recruit to join the split ally).

Edit: Also, there was no resistance for him to spy for, since Jay and I did not trust him. (well, I wasn't getting WFM involved with any resistance including Recon at least, and had enough mails from oxy after Hero and Recon left that indicated they wouldn't really want to put any plans into their hands either). So him spying to help the resistance is laughable.

caranthir with all due respect. he was tying for #prest and the resistance. I dont think you can comment on his intentions. he was helping prest who were trying to become active in the resistance. but it broke down. and history died to quick for anything to happen.

he may not have been the best leader but i do not doubt his abilities at espionage. He is by far the most aptly named person who plays this game, his ability to get information is staggering. so i doubt you can claim to know his motivations when he plays it all close to his chest. but yeah i am sure he did have some intention to join comeuppance after, or create a split. that doesnt mean he didnt have the intention to help his alliance or the resistance.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
iamsmart - before yall joined the "resistance" it was oxy, prest, and BT doing small rushes trying to do a resistance.. :p Yall came in after prest failed.

willy - I gave what information I had from the time.. ^_^ I couldn't say what was happening in the alliance with members, But I do find thing out about Recon, I haven't been particularly interested in what other people are doing in a long time.. It is hard to NOT hear things when Recon chats regularly with one of my members.

And yea, he got worst leader for abandoning his alliance when he took a few people to comeupance, not for joining History.. ^_^ He gets a failed spy award for that one :p or maybe worst timing, really hard to label that one.. ^_^

bluehen55

Harvester

He did try to spy, but on SBwhatever, after history had already split. No idea what he was going to with the info other than give it back to Prest, and BT who seemed the only other ones really interested in a resistance at that time. He obviously failed miserably as Comeuppance formed and SB died less than 24 hours later and he was caught in the crossfire. Me, hero, and swat left for Comeuppance at that point and Prest was still standing and Recon went back there. It was only later after what just seemed to be heavy inc from Oxy that Prest disbanded, and I think its more for that Recon gets worst leader.

john

Harvester
IoF said:
* Worst Player - Karl, John, QS, Dre, Awe, Chinoo - Spent so long organising a backstab. Their planning ran for a while, while someone developed an alliance. One word for you SQs - COMEUPPANCE

for the record, that split was hardly organized at all and a mess, which is why it went the way it did. and the alliance was a friend's who had been leading it for his own fun, we just joined his alliance when the time came.
calling us SQ's is also extremely stupid because we were trying to have fun and didnt care about score.

infact, you, CK and the rest of your comeuppance group are the real score queens for teaming up again.

that is all.