Intentional Triggering

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
they need to trigger alot in a short space of time, and it nets negative honour and the loss of some AR mod%, the disabling of AR for a period of time comes after even more triggering

but does take a silly amount of triggering in a short space of time for it to happen

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
they need to trigger alot in a short space of time, and it nets negative honour and the loss of some AR mod%, the disabling of AR for a period of time comes after even more triggering

but does take a silly amount of triggering in a short space of time for it to happen

I got that from bot bashing... And I don't even send lets on bots. :/
Flawed system is flawed.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Making SAS/bios target ranged only might help.

But yeah, when we had a couple threads going back and forth with Azzer in Omgpop I'm pretty sure I advocated heavily for admin intervention under the power block clause in the EULA (wouldn't be perfect, but the obvious cases are pretty obvious and those are usually the most heavily abused + it will scare others from doing it etc.)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Most of the failing game mechanics can be replaced by an active admin's manual intervention. But I guess that'll never happen.

PS: SAS firing only Range can still be used for mutual triggering if the incs are close to the AR limit, but I guess it'll prevent some of these events, so it might be a good idea

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
you can't really advocate for manual intervention when we don't have an active admin (and he already said it'll never happen when he was still semi-active).

:eek:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It was a good idea. Just needs somebody to implement it, and another person to be designated as an admin (not replacing Weeble, but adding another person in). It keeps the basic admin duties under two people, so Azzer can at least occasionally do something.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Azzer for coding, secondary admin for crowd control

or summit like that :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think having SAS/bios firing just on range is good enough. It'll still cock up the targetting of the person who is attacking fairly and will probably result in them having to recall anyway. It would only work properly if SAS/bios had their own unit class so nothing targetted them.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I don't think having SAS/bios firing just on range is good enough. It'll still cock up the targetting of the person who is attacking fairly and will probably result in them having to recall anyway. It would only work properly if SAS/bios had their own unit class so nothing targetted them.

Except then they'd have to make SAS/bios a lot stronger - As a lot of armour routes would survive too well after they fired and the SAS/bios wouldn't flak the targgeted persons LET

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Except then they'd have to make SAS/bios a lot stronger - As a lot of armour routes would survive too well after they fired and the SAS/bios wouldn't flak the targgeted persons LET

Good point.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

Good point.

Just send in white wizards imo. SAS number depends on the ammount of score the attacker has sent over the limit. And white wizards are practically immortal, and give almost no score. So it'll just be some uber flak defence. Like 20m SA attacking 15m RPG = 200m white wizard defence(just a random example)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
as naps can't actually attack each other, just as ally members can't half your post was somewhat irrelevant willy :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
must be "act like meanie to willy" month :(

tbh havent played solo with a nap in 3-5 or so rounds. and the concept of attacking the nap never crossed my mind. just assumed you could. guess some one has tried it then ogluk ;)

also I still agree with ranged lethal AR units like i did last time this gripe cropped up, and toby's idea of lethal AR being a different class is good. and attacking a friend the same tick as some one else could trigger Ar, if you over send. but you still get a trigger counter. and still have to stay and die for the AR to stay too. ergo not all or my post was irrelevant :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
tbh havent played solo with a nap in 3-5 or so rounds. and the concept of attacking the nap never crossed my mind. just assumed you could. guess some one has tried it then ogluk ;)

yeah i tried it in DaX's pworld to try and rape Chris after luring him into being napped with me :p
plan backfired xD