Intentional Triggering

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
he's the only well respected player i know of that's playing solo and thinks AR triggering is a socially acceptable practice (he has a tiny penis).

Hobbe, Cheese, IoF, Silence - to name a few

Add zhouj to this...

Hey, maybe some people should spy at AF3. Then again, that'd be the un-dumb thing to do!

I did spy at attacking for 3, the tick where I didn't trigger...Your actions were pathetic. If you want to stop me gaining land, attack me and try and take mine. Don't stop mine on purpose.

zhouj

Harvester
he's the only well respected player i know of that's playing solo and thinks AR triggering is a socially acceptable practice (he has a tiny penis).

Hobbe, Cheese, IoF, Silence - to name a few

Add zhouj to this...

Hey, maybe some people should spy at AF3. Then again, that'd be the un-dumb thing to do!

I did spy at attacking for 3, the tick where I didn't trigger...Your actions were pathetic. If you want to stop me gaining land, attack me and try and take mine. Don't stop mine on purpose.

If you spied at attacking for 3, you would have seen the stealth show up. Anyone who isn't mentally deficient would know that the mob would recalculate AR and check again after another tick.

Now, either you are brain dead or didn't even bother to spy. Pick one.

Max

Garden Designer
Zhouj you sent and triggered AR on another player with malign intent. That automatically loses you the intelectual and moral high ground, sorry dude :p

zhouj

Harvester
105,885,053 staff incoming from Hamilton eta 3. Attacking. (sent ETA 4 (2+2))
261,766,318 staff here from Frenchy Noob. Attacking for 3 ticks. (sent ETA 2)
193,000,000 staff here from God. Attacking for 3 ticks. (sent ETA 7 (5+2))
229,291 staff here from Village Idiot. Attacking for 2 ticks. (sent ETA 5)

Nice triggering attempt...three ticks behind.
Good work Frenchy.
Piggying a tick ahead.

LMAO.

The hilarious and incredibly amusing part is that in three attempts to piggy and trigger, two of them...absolutely failed. Good job FL recruiting the best and brightest.

zhouj

Harvester
Zhouj you sent and triggered AR on another player with malign intent. That automatically loses you the intelectual and moral high ground, sorry dude :p

Faulty premises = faulty conclusion, Max. ;)

Max

Garden Designer

Prove to me your attack of 1 stealth unit 1 tick after the player had reduced the score of the afformentioned solo (a Robo so not exactly a stealth check either) was not sent with malign intent and I shall concede and accept that my conclusion was faulty :)

zhouj

Harvester

Prove to me your attack of 1 stealth unit 1 tick after the player had reduced the score of the afformentioned solo (a Robo so not exactly a stealth check either) was not sent with malign intent and I shall concede and accept that my conclusion was faulty :)

I was referring to your spurious conclusion about the moral and intellectual high grounds. ;) The best of us are certainly capable of selective reading. :p

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Zhouj, don't try and wiggle your way out of this. You intentionally triggered my attack. End of. Stop being an idiot. You don't like it done to you.

zhouj

Harvester
Zhouj, don't try and wiggle your way out of this. You intentionally triggered my attack. End of. Stop being an idiot. You don't like it done to you.

When did I ever deny that I sent to trigger? o_O

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

Good work Frenchy.
Piggying a tick ahead.

LMAO.

The hilarious and incredibly amusing part is that in three attempts to piggy and trigger, two of them...absolutely failed. Good job FL recruiting the best and brightest.

I don't remember sending at anyone with that mob.. I believe you have mistaken someone else for me. Your 229,291 mob is kind of pathetic though.. You should probably try to get some troops.

On a real note - you have absolutely NO room to talk about triggering. You purposefully did it to another person for no other reason than to be a dick. Round about is fair play, stop being a little *****.

Max

Garden Designer
You fail to keep the moral high ground because you triggered with malign intent.

Moral high ground: "Status of being respected for remaining moral."

Malign/Malevolent: "Evil in nature or effect" / "Having or showing a wish to do evil to others"

Moral: "Concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character"

From these definitions I find it logical that you should lose the moral high ground for triggering with malign intent.

You fail to keep the intellectual high ground because by triggering and admitting it, you only generate further animosity towards yourself and therefore devalue the worth of your own arguments in the eyes of the rest of the playerbase.

Say you are sorry and you won't do it again and we can all forgive you :D

zhouj

Harvester

Good work Frenchy.
Piggying a tick ahead.

LMAO.

I don't remember sending at anyone with that mob.. I believe you have mistaken someone else for me. Your 229,291 mob is kind of pathetic though.. You should probably try to get some troops.

On a real note - you have absolutely NO room to talk about triggering. You purposefully did it to another person for no other reason than to be a dick. Round about is fair play, stop being a little *****.

Yeah, your godly abilities are constantly on show during your Bushtarion playing. lol.

Round is about fair play? Right. Chivalry isn't dead and all that jazz, right? Well, all's fair in love and war and last I checked, we're at war!

zhouj

Harvester
You fail to keep the moral high ground because you triggered with malign intent.

Moral high ground: "Status of being respected for remaining moral."

Malign/Malevolent: "Evil in nature or effect" / "Having or showing a wish to do evil to others"

Moral: "Concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character"

From these definitions I find it logical that you should lose the moral high ground for triggering with malign intent.

This is entirely predicated on the assumption of a humanist/Enlightenment-style moral standard. :p

You fail to keep the intellectual high ground because by triggering and admitting it, you only generate further animosity towards yourself and therefore devalue the worth of your own arguments in the eyes of the rest of the playerbase.

Say you are sorry and you won't do it again and we can all forgive you :D

There's still a premise missing here with the intellectual high ground. It'd make more sense that I'd be losing the "high ground" if I was making sophistic arguments to obfuscate that I had intentionally triggered.

And definitely not. :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
i lol'd

Also, tbh triggering the attacks of a rival alliance, ie any other alliance besides your own, is imo a somewhat legitimate tactic, it's resource denial, makes sense to do it, if you want to outperform your rivals you do what you can to increase your own chances and hinder theirs.

Yes it's a little douchey, but so what, it's a war game, man up and move on :p

Max

Garden Designer
Yes it's a little douchey, but so what, it's a war game, man up and move on :p

Hahaha <3 Ogluk

Let's see what the creator of the game, who designed the mechanics of AR and what it is designed for thinks...

Portal update on AR triggering: "This system should only start to cause problems for groups of players intentionally abusing the way the AR system works."

Even if you don't agree to the higher premise of objective morality, if you play this game you should respect the design of it's almighty creator Azzer :D If he thinks AR triggering is an abuse of the system I can't really argue against him, it's his game afterall.

Stop abusing the system y'all :p