Bush advertising

edd

Tree Surgeon
Given that this thread is about what WE can do for the game, I feel it's going a little off topic...

Last edited:

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Indeed edd.

Eldvereld, let us all know when the Donations Thread is up and running. For other ways of improving the playerbase, anymore suggestions?

Max

Garden Designer
Since I generally destroy myself in the process of attacking I already find what Dimitar has said to be true.

You can only increase insurance if you increase bounty as well, which gets complicated methinks...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Since I generally destroy myself in the process of attacking I already find what Dimitar has said to be true.

You can only increase insurance if you increase bounty as well, which gets complicated methinks...

In the end I think my PW finished with 45% ins and 20% base bounty, but obviously some tinkering can be done with another test world to ensure the correct balances. :)

(I'll probably start a NON-LAND STEALING private world in the next couple of weeks or so to test this)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You only say that cause you're terrible at stealing land

dave

Harvester
azzer created the game we all love so much, if he makes a few bucks fair play to him.

thats is my minimalist views on a good subject. i for one want the days of 1500+ playerbases back.
the game is dieing, its all massing and trains and gayass tactics. gone are the days of fun alliance play unless ur rank 1-3 ally, possible 4. which is 60-80 players out of a much larger than 80 people playerbase, even these days.

before anyone says, im not moaning, ive played like it for a few rounds now, its fact. people leave because its boring waking up with no troops and no land every couple of days because u get massed.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
before anyone says, im not moaning, ive played like it for a few rounds now, its fact. people leave because its boring waking up with no troops and no land every couple of days because u get massed.[/QUOTE]

+1 :D I read all the suggestions and ideas here on the forum,some of which seem like a good idea others not, idea for advertising is awesome even if it makes Azzer more money - which isn't so bad if it increases the player base and hence the fun for us all. Also read all the gripes about bashing, mobbing, massing, triggering, multi's, account sharing, yada yada yada and the commonality seems to be that not a soul likes it, agree that it does nothing to help increase the player base and yet every round the one FTW alliance(or 2 imo, the others say we are ftf because they can soft sell when they don't win... "Hey we were ftf and didn't try" ) always has a massive bounty from bashing, mobbing, massing which started early on in round not in the later half when honorable targets are much harder to find when at a high rank.
Well here is an idea how about somebody try an honorable ftw alliance... Don't want to hear it's not possible line of bull, it IS possible it would just take a massive effort. Which IMO makes it a real win unlike the "Champions" I have seen in the past three rounds I have been here.. yeah I'm a nub .. ah but a green nub!!

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm pretty sure its not possible. Game mechanics don't permit it. Stealing easy land = hitting dishonourable targets. If you want to win, you're going to get bounties. The other allies are honorable because they gain mass honor from defense.

Honourable win is not reaaaaaaally possible.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I'm pretty sure its not possible. Game mechanics don't permit it. Stealing easy land = hitting dishonourable targets. If you want to win, you're going to get bounties. The other allies are honorable because they gain mass honor from defense.

I believe you are wrong -- the only thing that makes it not possible is primarily your opinion( and probably many or most others) and hence the effort to try it. I do believe you hit upon a key word when you said easy land=dishonorable --- uh I didn't say it would be easy hence imo not really a champion win... also I look to last round with Podunk when 95% of the members were green titled and we finished R2 above a red Alliance (sorry Lucky, you guys were really close though) and had a fairly good amount of land mass. Again I say it is possible it really only takes the mass majority of people here to agree to TRY. Everyone agrees that the mobbing,massing 'technic' really sucks when your on the receiving end, most agree it does nothing much in the way of attracting new players to the game for more than a few weeks. everyone agrees that Azzer seems unwilling to do anything that will help increase the player base and yet the same people gripe, complain about it and do absolutely nothing at all except flap their lips and basically beat a dead horse instead of actually changing their play style and maybe just maybe see a little improvement.
I am finished with this line of thought for the moment since when I wrote it I never expected any of the "veteran' players to agree. The same veterans who sorely miss the 'good old days' and continue to bash new members who say screw this and don't come back round after round one day becoming a veteran. Hence the ship continues to take on water and will one day sink.
Oh also... don't know about the majority of players here but at least 90% of the honor I have gained in this and last round was gained by my attacks not by defending .. so that bird just won't fly

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Hi guys,

So the fan based site i ran previoulsy was sponsored by TIGAP The Independant Games Advancment Project Which has agreed to sponser our drive with an initial value of 1000$ dollars.

Head over to the site im converting at www.trashreplays.com or the forums at http://forums.trashreplays.com

If we can come up with a sound marketing plan and build community support im prepared to redirect more of TIGAP's funds to this venture.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I believe you are wrong -- the only thing that makes it not possible is primarily your opinion( and probably many or most others) and hence the effort to try it. I do believe you hit upon a key word when you said easy land=dishonorable --- uh I didn't say it would be easy hence imo not really a champion win... also I look to last round with Podunk when 95% of the members were green titled and we finished R2 above a red Alliance (sorry Lucky, you guys were really close though) and had a fairly good amount of land mass. Again I say it is possible it really only takes the mass majority of people here to agree to TRY. Everyone agrees that the mobbing,massing 'technic' really sucks when your on the receiving end, most agree it does nothing much in the way of attracting new players to the game for more than a few weeks. everyone agrees that Azzer seems unwilling to do anything that will help increase the player base and yet the same people gripe, complain about it and do absolutely nothing at all except flap their lips and basically beat a dead horse instead of actually changing their play style and maybe just maybe see a little improvement.
I am finished with this line of thought for the moment since when I wrote it I never expected any of the "veteran' players to agree. The same veterans who sorely miss the 'good old days' and continue to bash new members who say screw this and don't come back round after round one day becoming a veteran. Hence the ship continues to take on water and will one day sink.
Oh also... don't know about the majority of players here but at least 90% of the honor I have gained in this and last round was gained by my attacks not by defending .. so that bird just won't fly

Utter hogwash. I must not have explained my point well enough since you clearly did not understand. PM me for further explanation if you wish. No sense in clogging up this thread.

Go Bush Advertising!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
So basically we need an ad banner i suck at graphical design so im hoping someone can design one for me once thats done ill launch an ad campaign.

I am working on irc bot to answer basic questions so we can constantly have help for newcomers

I want ideas for things we can do to expand the community tigap will put up funds when and if we need them but we need strategies first.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
You cannot with with a green title, there are a host of reasons..

1. You run out of honorable targets really quickly
2. the few targets you do have you end up hitting multiple times
3. and probably the biggest one, during the early war, your ARE going to hit the same target more than once, and probably with a few other folks on your tick, losing a bunch of honor early on, just for fighting a war. (Declaring war doesn't help your honor gains/losses)

You can't just stop attacking just because you are out of honorable targets, as others will quickly pass you, and early game land = troops = win. If an honorable alliance ever wins, you will know the game is dead beyond recoverable..

dave

Harvester
i get that they win the game cos of it, its a small amount of the playerbase getting the joy of having a good round, while almost everybody else gets bashed and never really builds up worthwhile troops.

itll only stop being like that with the bigger playerbase we used to have, cos there wuld be alot of targets for the bigger players to hit. we used to see good coordinated attacks, now its just mass. i wouldnt say this is a gripe, more a reason why the playerbase gets lesser and lesser each round. im all for advertisement if it saves the game. but we need to attract alot of players to improve it, the new players we do attract wont be able to get into a game where they never get the chance to build up.

Elderveld

Official Helper
Hi guys,

So the fan based site i ran previoulsy was sponsored by TIGAP The Independant Games Advancment Project Which has agreed to sponser our drive with an initial value of 1000$ dollars.

Head over to the site im converting at www.trashreplays.com or the forums at http://forums.trashreplays.com

If we can come up with a sound marketing plan and build community support im prepared to redirect more of TIGAP's funds to this venture.

Wait,,, are u serious??
They want to sponser us $1000,- for advertising? or whit that site u are building?
I do belive that Azzer is strict that he doesnt want any ads on bush site though. So that could be a problem.

Im trying hard to make spare time to find out my pay-pal options. But havent realy got the time yet. Been unexpected busy whit work :(

Will sort it out this week though. Hoping to open the account for donations in the weekend! i got some money left on it. So i will start it rite away.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
We don't need ads on the bushtarion site TIGAP has offered to put up 1000$ to fund an ad campaign ... there The Independent Games Advancement Project its what they do help indie games

The only condition we have to meet is to show active support from the current player base.

Elderveld

Official Helper
We don't need ads on the bushtarion site TIGAP has offered to put up 1000$ to fund an ad campaign ... there The Independent Games Advancement Project its what they do help indie games

The only condition we have to meet is to show active support from the current player base.

I see the forums are flooded whit spam :p

Wat kind of active support is required? and in wat form?

@ Oggie

Epic old skool!! i loved that picture lol!