Bush advertising

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Nice to see this thread has picked up a lot of support. If our forum mods can be of any use in highlighting this scheme if it gains some momentum, let me know :)

The donations side of thing is a bit of a grey area but I don't see why you can't try and raise money for the good of the game. It hasn't been done before that I know of but we have no issue with people raising money for charity - this seems like a similar endeavour. I'd say go for it.

Elderveld

Official Helper
Nice to see this thread has picked up a lot of support. If our forum mods can be of any use in highlighting this scheme if it gains some momentum, let me know :)

Well, im sure once the donations thread is up, it might needs some cleanin now and then :p

Max

Garden Designer
I've lead unofficial training alliances in the past and would be happy to lend assistance again, if the community was so inclined! :)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think once azzer has his rpg done and running we may get a bit more attention.

but to keep new players we need more people to do training alliances. just one a round. like what lucky did. there was alot of interest from people to make one. but not so much interest in joining them. so if we simply have 1 training alliance each round with people helping teach the new players we are more likely to keep the new players. and it doiesnt need commitment from everyone every round. do it on a rotation. New players are more likely to get friends to join in once they enjoy the game. I think that would be the cheapest and most effective means of making a difference.

so where are these donations at?

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I can post whatever I want. Nowhere in the rules does it say that I have to be positive about everything, and if I want to call an idea stupid I'm free to do so.

Danke

Elderveld

Official Helper
I can post whatever I want. Nowhere in the rules does it say that I have to be positive about everything, and if I want to call an idea stupid I'm free to do so.

Danke

Ofcourse u are free to do wat u want. But im asking nice. You have made your point, and everyones read it. But i dont want this thread full of posts every now and then to shoot down all the effort and ideas people want to do to get this game a bit back on its feet.

Make a gripe thread instead, we'll discuss it there?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Well I wasn't really discussing anything. I was making the same point as toby did in his last post - basically telling willy that it's amusing he thinks Azzer is still working on his RPG. And I have nothing against any of the suggestions so far, or the idea of expanding the playerbase, as I've already said.

teckghee1990

Digger
Hi guys let me post my thoughts on this issue, I have played bushtarion a few years ago and i can say that i really like this game's concept, however i have quited(and rejoined) quite a few times due to several reasons:

1. The 2 main problems with the game is the activity required to play and losing all your troops through bashing, this is enough to make many people quit.

For this I would propose an idea of a combat medic unit that can 'save' 80% to 90% of units from dying (this is in line with many games that involve dying of troops) and put them as injured for several ticks, the unit will 'fire' last every tick and be a new class (lets say NLH) that nothing specifically targets at.

Imo this will solve all problems since people will be less likely quit from getting zeroed/bashed, hence also remove the requirement of activity (u might still need activity to be competitive but casual players can survive well), this also puts the game in the right direction which is the focus of land/tactics. LET units will still be powerful since injured units from the 1st tick wont come back for the next few ticks unlike distracting. Unfortunately i dont think this will ever get implemented.

2. I found it quite difficult to get into a decent alliance (by this i mean those that can defend you at least from all the smaller incs), those alliances that are easy to get into cant really defend you and its worse than being solo. Those decent alliances have a rather high activity requirement even if they say 'FTF', plus most vets prefer to play with their own circle of friends. I managed to get into a decent alliance for the start of this round and it was fun and i learned a lot.

If the vets are willing to help this problem could be solved, but it requires commitment from many vets since once a training alliance is filled another has to be created and they all have to provide satisfactory defence.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
I'm against the idea of making the game less difficult, though. It's kind of a tendency with any games nowadays to attract more people (money spenders, sure). I miss all those old games that were tougher to beat tbh as I felt more satisfaction and accomplishment. I do feel the current insurance rate is too low, though. Buttttt, if you learn properly how to play this game and how to enjoy without being in the top, getting 0'd or bashed doesn't really discourage you to continue playing. Sure, i understand your moral can go really low, but if not knowing the game very well is the cause for giving up even before learning/understanding, then, we should accept those losses? (But then, that's why I'm for the well structured support like training allies.) I just really don't like the idea of making it easier just for the sake of getting more people. :<

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'm against the idea of making the game less difficult, though. It's kind of a tendency with any games nowadays to attract more people (money spenders, sure). I miss all those old games that were tougher to beat tbh as I felt more satisfaction and accomplishment. I do feel the current insurance rate is too low, though. Buttttt, if you learn properly how to play this game and how to enjoy without being in the top, getting 0'd or bashed doesn't really discourage you to continue playing. Sure, i understand your moral can go really low, but if not knowing the game very well is the cause for giving up even before learning/understanding, then, we should accept those losses? (But then, that's why I'm for the well structured support like training allies.) I just really don't like the idea of making it easier just for the sake of getting more people. :<

I tested and proved that 60% works perfectly well, without jeapordising any element of the game itself. It brought land being important back into play, and people agreed with me.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
"People"?

I don't think I'd bother playing if insurance was that high. Not everyone plays to whore land.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
You wouldnt have to whore land, it just means that you will have more enemies to kill if you ARE bounty hunting.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
High insurance/injuries are stupid. I often attack just for the sake of killing, regardless of honour, bounty, eff, etc. And a high unsurance/injury level would mean that if you kill a person at 90% a couple of hours later they'd be back in your 67% range without doing anything (and with a huge AR mod if they're solo). I personally liked the game better when there were no injuries