Bush advertising

Elderveld

Official Helper
Okay, so we all know the game is becomming less and less active. More players stop than begin. And the number of alliances drop each round.
We now have "1" FTW alliance, and im not sure if they were fully FTW even.
I think thats lame. And i like this game to much for it just to let it die.

So what i am thinking about... Wat kind of advertising can i, or others do to get more players here?

Im sure all of u liked the rounds back in the days whit 1500 +/- active players.

Do people know were to do some advertising? Mainly free, or at a verry low cost. And who is willing to sacrifice some of their time, and mayb some bucks to get some more players in here.?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Free is tricky, although google and facebook do at times give away advertising coupons, if we make use of those if/when we get them, will help a little, not that they'd last very long :p

as for paid, I've looked into it a few times, advertising through google and facebook isn't THAT expensive considering the potential reach of the adverts, in the region of £10-£20 a day for a cheap and chirpy advert with a potential reach of over 6 million people through facebook, haven't looked into google with as much detail, but can't see the pricing being much different.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
We all know the only person who would actually benefit from an increased playerbase is Azzer and we shouldn't be spending our own money so that an inactive administrator who doesn't give a **** about the game can get more revenue

Elderveld

Official Helper
Free is tricky, although google and facebook do at times give away advertising coupons, if we make use of those if/when we get them, will help a little, not that they'd last very long :p

as for paid, I've looked into it a few times, advertising through google and facebook isn't THAT expensive considering the potential reach of the adverts, in the region of £10-£20 a day for a cheap and chirpy advert with a potential reach of over 6 million people through facebook, haven't looked into google with as much detail, but can't see the pricing being much different.

That sounds interesting. And the costs for that ammount of reach is good. Lets say 5 million people see the ad, im sure 1000-2000 of those register an account, and im sure 300-600 will actualy stay more than 1 round. That means for 10-20 pounds we double our current Playerbase!

And i think for that kind of money, 2-3 times those ads could be realized easly.

We all know the only person who would actually benefit from an increased playerbase is Azzer and we shouldn't be spending our own money so that an inactive administrator who doesn't give a **** about the game can get more revenue

I dont care that he doesnt care, i like this game, and i want to playerbase to increase, so it becomes even better.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If we get another 600 active players, Azzer would gain approximately another 1000 pounds each round without putting in any effort. Doesn't sound fair to me

Elderveld

Official Helper
If we get another 600 active players, Azzer would gain approximately another 1000 pounds each round without putting in any effort. Doesn't sound fair to me

Sure, but getting him more income whitout doing anything (we know of) is not the reason i am doing it. I want more people to play, and if that grants him more money, meh so be it.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Sure, but getting him more income whitout doing anything (we know of) is not the reason i am doing it. I want more people to play, and if that grants him more money, meh so be it.

And perhaps if he sees the potential of greater income through marginally more effort from him, he might actually put some time back into the game :eek:

Max

Garden Designer
OR he could save his cash to advertise his new RPG game once it's finished.

Which I think is more likely.

(The choice of where to spend the cash - not the finishing of the new game :p )

Last edited:

Elderveld

Official Helper

And perhaps if he sees the potential of greater income through marginally more effort from him, he might actually put some time back into the game :eek:

Lets hope so.

Ill see whit my next payday how much im gonna book on my paypal to do some advertising.

Ive been looking at google ads, it will cost about 0,01 per click on your ad. So for 10 dollars, you can get 1000 new visitors, cause u dont pay for the ad itself, but for every click on it.

Im gonna check on facebook ads now.
BRB

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
OR he could save his cash to advertise his new RPG game once it's finished.

Which I think is more likely.

(The choice of where to spend the cash - not the finishing of the new game :p )

I reckon, given how alot of games get played at work, and bush is perfect for that unlike his shiny not exactly new looking graphical rpg, bush has the higher chance of raking in a higher profit than the rpg :p
Just because you can make it look like a spreadsheet and play from a work pc :p

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Okay. So, we can get quite a few new players with advertisement. But How many of them will stay playing, even for the whole round without having any clues of the game? What we want is a certain increase in competition, right? Not the human bots that we (who know how to play the game) can farm, I suppose (and hope). I started playing Bush with a few friends and everyone except me quit playing after (even during) a round 'coz they didn't understand anything about the game. I was lucky enough to be recruited by a very active ally with some experienced and interesting people that taught me a lot. But without it, you can have maybe a round right after the ads with lots of people and then, the number of players will decrease again. I think we need more than just advertisement to attract and then keep those new players. :S

Elderveld

Official Helper
Okay. So, we can get quite a few new players with advertisement. But How many of them will stay playing, even for the whole round without having any clues of the game? What we want is a certain increase in competition, right? Not the human bots that we (who know how to play the game) can farm, I suppose (and hope). I started playing Bush with a few friends and everyone except me quit playing after (even during) a round 'coz they didn't understand anything about the game. I was lucky enough to be recruited by a very active ally with some experienced and interesting people that taught me a lot. But without it, you can have maybe a round right after the ads with lots of people and then, the number of players will decrease again. I think we need more than just advertisement to attract and then keep those new players. :S

Well, you cannot know for sure if these people STAY and play, but im sure a bunch of them do. Ofcourse most of them get owned first round. Cause they dont know the game! But you learn it by keep playing. And thats were the playerbase is needed. Help them, and teach them when they ask.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon

This is what I thought.

But to Eldervelds idea. Advertisement using your own money is your risk, and if you're willing to do this for Azzer, then fair play to you. I know the other 600 people here most probably wouldn't do what you're doing.
However, say the advertisment works and approx 600 extra people sign up, you'd have to expect 400 or so to be deleted after week one or just left in the game.

How about setting out a week long PW to help promote the game, how to play it, suggest forum useage alot harder than now and recommend the support.

This can be an expensive idea and hope it pays off.

Elderveld

Official Helper

This is what I thought.

But to Eldervelds idea. Advertisement using your own money is your risk, and if you're willing to do this for Azzer, then fair play to you. I know the other 600 people here most probably wouldn't do what you're doing.
However, say the advertisment works and approx 600 extra people sign up, you'd have to expect 400 or so to be deleted after week one or just left in the game.

How about setting out a week long PW to help promote the game, how to play it, suggest forum useage alot harder than now and recommend the support.

This can be an expensive idea and hope it pays off.

Well, dont expect me to trow in 500 dollars:p It will be morelike 10 dollars at a time. I aint rich :p

But yeah, most of them delete quick. But if each 10 dollar gives us about 750 new sign-ups, and 500 of those delete, its still 250 new players, and those players have friends(i hope for them), wich might get u another 10-25 players.

If we can gather a fwew people who are willing to help, doesnt need to be whit money. If someone can design a nice banner or sumthing like that, it would be helpfull aswell.

The PW thing could be a nice idea to welcome them. But u'd have to explain them, or send make the AD so clear that they need to sign-up to the private world, and mayb even let them wait a (fwew) days before getting them to play. That could cost u a fwew players aswell, if not, most.

Trowing them into the world mid-round could generate FTW platy style, they want to become just as big as the ones currently in round... So they use the rest of the round getting to know the current route they play whit, and find an alliance to go for next round whit the route they know, then as they play alliance style, they'll get to know other routes. etc etc. (i keep on typing, lol ! )

avash

Harvester

How much money do you really think Azzer makes? This attitude is the kind of thing that literally chased him away. This was his only source of income (prob still is) and he always listened to the playerbase but at times he couldn't please everyone. The amount of time he originally put into the game accross the first 7-8 years is the reason why the game is still going now. Getting abit of money each month to live for something he worked on for so long isn't that much in my opinion :S.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

We can also do the training alliances again.. If you get a good core of 5-8 people that know the game very well (and go a variety of routes to display their potential) we could potentially increase the ability of these new recruits. The difficult part is finding enough folk willing to help in a newbie alliance, at least 1-2 of the more active individuals would have to be a super-pom.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'm not bashing on Azzer. I'm just saying it makes no sense at all for anyone else, rather than him to invest money into the game, as he's the only one who gets revenue from it. Why should we, the playerbase (even if only represented by one person, i.e. Elderveld), pay for an advertisment campaign when the only one who will profit is an idling mr. Azzer.

We should not reward our dear admin for not caring. And if a simple investment of $10, hell even up to $100 will significantly increase the playerbase then he's a bit of an idiot for not having done it already.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
PS: I'm not against people buying BCs or expanding the playerbase. I'm just saying it's stupid to put your own money in it

Elderveld

Official Helper
I'm not bashing on Azzer. I'm just saying it makes no sense at all for anyone else, rather than him to invest money into the game, as he's the only one who gets revenue from it. Why should we, the playerbase (even if only represented by one person, i.e. Elderveld), pay for an advertisment campaign when the only one who will profit is an idling mr. Azzer.

We should not reward our dear admin for not caring. And if a simple investment of $10, hell even up to $100 will significantly increase the playerbase then he's a bit of an idiot for not having done it already.

The whole playerbase will get something off it. More players = more competition = more fun.

That Azzer might get income off of it, well good for him. HE made the game on his own. He still pay's to keep the servers running neway.

Some people buy BC, some get game cash every week. Well, i might spend 10 dollars to get new players here. Wich will give me more fun in the long run.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Dimitar, you are right, why should we repay Azzer for neglect?

But this is not about gaining extra for Azzer...it's about gaining extra for us. More players in effect will expand competition. I liked it years ago, having hundreds in my search field to attack and thousands in total.

Lets focus more on getting more players for our benefit and maybe Azzer will see what a small job can do for a big improvement.