Bush advertising

edd

Tree Surgeon
We can also do the training alliances again.. If you get a good core of 5-8 people that know the game very well (and go a variety of routes to display their potential) we could potentially increase the ability of these new recruits. The difficult part is finding enough folk willing to help in a newbie alliance, at least 1-2 of the more active individuals would have to be a super-pom.

I was going to say exactly this lucky :)

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Pff. If by any chance this advert brings 1000 players to this game you can give me a call and I'll gladly lead a training alliance.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The point is that a tiny investment could yield big results, and if Azzer were to see the impact advertising could have on his game, he might be persuaded to invest a little bit of time and money in a game we all love to play.

Pretty simples, yo.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Pff. If by any chance this advert brings 1000 players to this game you can give me a call and I'll gladly lead a training alliance.

I GOT YO BACK, BROTHER.

In relation to Elder, I'll happily chip in as well. All the talk and no walk has really gotten to me - I put money and time into organising a PW to test my new ideas for insurance/bounty, and when it went well, nowhere near enough could be bothered to say they would sign on for another one!

It's the current playerbase's negativity and laziness killing the game - NOT Azzer.

magpie

Planter
I do understand everyones point of view, why should the playerbase try to pay to advertise azzers game, the choice is simple.

1. Leave the game as it is with the same players playing, dropping in and out of the rounds as life presents the opportunity.

2. Post a list of those willing to take part in e.g. $10/£5 donation to try to stimulate player support for the game, as a trial.

3. You simply boycott a round and see if this stimulates a response from azzer.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I do understand everyones point of view, why should the playerbase try to pay to advertise azzers game, the choice is simple.

1. Leave the game as it is with the same players playing, dropping in and out of the rounds as life presents the opportunity.

2. Post a list of those willing to take part in e.g. $10/£5 donation to try to stimulate player support for the game, as a trial.

3. You simply boycott a round and see if this stimulates a response from azzer.

I like Idea 2. Idea 1 is fine if we want the game to die.

Idea 3 is an appallingly bad idea. If we boycott the game, then you've just hammered the last nail into the coffin. The onus is on us to stimulate the game until we get the attention of Azzer again. If, at that stage, still nothing happens, then Idea 1 is our only option, and we can say goodbye to a large portion of our lives as it slowly fades into the mists of time.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I'm certain nothing good can come from boycotting a round. It's also not in the spirit of what those who are willing to fight/pay for this game's survival are about.

Idea 2 is good :)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Ed - I remember you saying you might want to lead a training ally - let me know and I'll help out! I don't mind playing pom again for that.

No-Daichi - We'll hold you to that :p

Last edited:

Yochoko

Head Gardener
Hehe, if there are 1,000 new players, we'll need more than just 1 training ally then! Sounds like fun! :D Yeah, advertisement + well structured support for the new players would be ideal!

Also, I like the idea 2, donation for the advertisement fund!

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
I wouls happily lead a training alliance as I've been there before, not leading but to be trained. I've led before in a very FTF alliance and enjoyed it alot.

Plus the idea of maximising the potential donations from the playerbase is also a great idea...

Waits for the thread to start

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Ok guys

for 4 years i ran a website to support a company called inhumangames when they released their new game and sort of bugged out i stopped actively running it, I could redesign it for bush purposes or close it and open a new one make use of google anyalitics to push people in out at no cost to myself (assuming i can get the playerbase to go there and click an ad every couple days).

So my plan if I feel i have the community support is
1) redesign my website (To take advantage of the current user base of the site) or close it and register a new domain (to take advantage of a more trash appropriate name)
2) Use google analytics to get a flow of people into bush with little to no extra cost on my part
3) An IRC room set up to help newcomers the main channel is to dead and daunting if we had a half dozen people spread across timezones so someone was always online at all times to help newcomers with any question
4) Training Alliance? Others have offered to lead one ill offer to do the same or use my full resources too support anyone doing that

So guys thoughts? Do we have a group prepared to sign up to basically just be nice :)P) to help grow the playerbase We dont need any extra effort from anyone really just help out a little.

Regards Flamey

bluehen55

Harvester
It definitely sounds like a good place to start, and it would be great to see the playerbase do something to help rejuvenate itself. I'd help in any way I can.

Elderveld

Official Helper
Ok guys

for 4 years i ran a website to support a company called inhumangames when they released their new game and sort of bugged out i stopped actively running it, I could redesign it for bush purposes or close it and open a new one make use of google anyalitics to push people in out at no cost to myself (assuming i can get the playerbase to go there and click an ad every couple days).

So my plan if I feel i have the community support is
1) redesign my website (To take advantage of the current user base of the site) or close it and register a new domain (to take advantage of a more trash appropriate name)
2) Use google analytics to get a flow of people into bush with little to no extra cost on my part
3) An IRC room set up to help newcomers the main channel is to dead and daunting if we had a half dozen people spread across timezones so someone was always online at all times to help newcomers with any question
4) Training Alliance? Others have offered to lead one ill offer to do the same or use my full resources too support anyone doing that

So guys thoughts? Do we have a group prepared to sign up to basically just be nice :)P) to help grow the playerbase We dont need any extra effort from anyone really just help out a little.

Regards Flamey

Thats an awesome idea!

Wat is the current domain of it? Ofcourse we would need a proper name, but i dont think it matters much.

It would be a sort of fan-based website, mainly for newbies i assume? Tips'n tricks etc. Big battle reports etc. etc.

I will see if my current pay-pal account can accept donations outside my own bank, And wat is needed for it. If everyone's OK whit me doing it?

I will make a new thread, just for the donations, and progress of it, ofcourse the ones donating have a vote in wich it will be spent, as well as an Hall of Fame for the donations.

I did not expect so much good and positive reactions! Im glad to see most of u all think the same!! AWESOME!

magpie

Planter
Bush Advertising

Bush Advertising

Awesome!

You have my full support, will be happy to do anything i can to assist.

Happy to lead a training ally for newbies or help out anyone else.:?

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
I know there is a group page on facebook for the site but that is a request to join page. I've made a fan page so it's easy to share...just search Bushtarion in the search bar. Anyone who knows/wants to make it better, I'll make admin.

Last edited:

Elderveld

Official Helper
I know there is a group page on facebook for the site but that is a request to join page. I've made a fan page so it's easy to share...just search Bishtarion in the search bar. Anyone who knows/wants to make it better, I'll make admin.

Bishtarion ? :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Nice to see this thread has picked up a lot of support. If our forum mods can be of any use in highlighting this scheme if it gains some momentum, let me know :)