The unfortunate tale of alliance mail privileges ...

Gazzy

Head Gardener
Against my better judgement, I feel I should make a post. It seems we've been branded cheats (or at least accused of harbouring them) and although I doubt I will change anyone's mind, I would like to provide the story from start to finish ...

BAND OF SISTERS

For those that don't know, I had stopped playing this game. I was convinced to play one more round by a good friend, and somehow ended up in an alliance ran by Kevin (DVS). This was a problem, because he has the tendency to act quite childish, but I thought I would stay low, quiet and ride the round out. It didn't happen, and we had an altercation over alliance mail privileges (of all things) before it even started ticking. We parted ways and that should have been that. I deleted my account and went to the pub.

Once nice and drunk, I decided it would be humerus to create an alliance with a sartorial name, and Band of Sisters was born. To my (pleasant) surprise a few of the old-timers applied, and before I knew it most of BOB had abandoned DVS and restarted. The round began and somehow we were doing well. I was talked in to actually making a go of it, and so started to look at those applying. Being late in the day, and with so few players left, I had limited options. So I accepted the players that I knew, or were vouched for, under the absolute condition that (despite whatever had happened before) cheating would not be tolerated.

THE ACCUSATIONS

I hope my past exploits as a fair and honourable (and clean) player gives this some weight. But as I understand it, almost everyone in this game has (or has been accused) of cheating. So rather than deal with a manhunt-come-historical investigation, I am only concerned with this round.

Quite early on some of xxx leadership approached me with concerns (which I appreciated, and worked with to make sure everything was above board). Over time their concerns can broadly be grouped in to 3 key points:

1. Recon (and or others) have multis (mostly thought to be in TLA).

I was told that an ID in that alliance is the same name has Recons wife, and apparently they boosted them during flak wars. We never saw this, and there are no screen shots of the boosting. When considering these accusations (and discussed them with trusted players) we considered what the aim of a multi was; to land farm, to steal ID lists, and to boost. The latter apparently happened at the very start, but we have no evidence for it. However, having watched Recon (and co) very closely all round, we know that they didn't farm them. Regarding ID lits, this didn't happen either, in fact we almost lost the round when xxx caught up by farming TLA, as we didn't get their IDs until Spy came out. Conclusion, some evidence was presented, no proof was found. If they did have a multi(s), they used them to no noticeable effect.

2. We had a spy

Simply, we didn't. We struggled during flak wars once we started to hit each other, as we only had 8-9 of xxx IDs for a very long time. We are also accused of knowing where their real mobs were on "that" attack that we caused a significant amount of damage. I'm rather annoyed about this, as they had hit us a number of times and raped us quite badly while I was AFK or UC. This time I was actually online to organise properly, yet get no credit for our success. Now xxx did have a leak, someone posted their outgoings in TLA, but I wasn't aware of this until later. You either believe me on this, or you don't. But TLA getting information from inside xxx explains why they occasionally piggied on our attacks (which was pissing us off). On balance of probabilities, had we been using a spy we would have made much better defense on earlier waves, and would have known who to attack / where to recall when attacking you (remember when we ran our LETs in to a wall of your PB / Shocks?)

3. Sith

At some point I was talking to Recon about all the claims of his multis. We joked that if he said he had a multi/spy in xxx, they would probably kick them. We said Sith, as he had joined them late, and to our amazement they did infact kick him. In a strange turn of events Sith (apparently) admitted to feeding TLA information from them, which blew my mind. A joke that went wrong, but turned out to unmask a traitor. Odd, but nothing more. I've no idea why or who he was spying for, except that TLA were getting the information (half the alliance have friends in there, which is unsurprising considering the size of the playerbase).

CONCLUSION

So there it is. As Dachi very elegantly put it, we were presented with some evidence but no proof. I won't discuss this any more unless new evidence is forth comming. To me, with the facts I have available, we won fair and square (until we die to resistance or infighting).

Judge me as you will.

- Gazzy

p.s. I hope Azzer get's better soon, for his sake. But also so that he can clear this up either way. Although I don't hold my breath.

yan0

Planter
I'll judge you if you don't buy me a pint soon...

PS - You seem butt-hurt

Last edited:

minifreak

Pruner
That's a load of crap Gazzy.

'That' Attack you mention was last night and just happens to be the one Recon had Intel on. And another coincidence is the person you joked was a spy, was actually a spy.

Sorry but I don't buy it not when I know for a fact Recon, Master and Antney have all had multi's in the past.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Mini they won't listen. If it was the other way round they would be slating us.

nopjes

Head Gardener

'That' Attack you mention was last night and just happens to be the one Recon had Intel on. And another coincidence is the person you joked was a spy, was actually a spy.

Sorry but I don't buy it not when I know for a fact Recon, Master and Antney have all had multi's in the past.
Just no. The mob notes were edited by gaz. Your attack was flawed and readable. Just like ours was readable the day before, I got sent at the 235b - 0 battle and it was an obvious real. You got outclassed by an ally that could get like 19 ppl on in the blink of an eye. Also all these accusations you are stating as facts make u so much harder to believe and look just butthurt.

Leeroy

Head Gardener

Just no. The mob notes were edited by gaz. Your attack was flawed and readable. Just like ours was readable the day before, I got sent at the 235b - 0 battle and it was an obvious real. You got outclassed by an ally that could get like 19 ppl on in the blink of an eye. Also all these accusations you are stating as facts make u so much harder to believe and look just butthurt.

The Attack plan was sent to you. It funny how now you aren't staying on Attacks? Sith cheated and spied. He openly admitted it
So why is this even a discussion anymore?

Recon

Pruner
To be fair. Only reason they even know of the screen shot was because i told leeroy WHILE the attack was still underway. Allowing him time to recall and recalc...then your complaining i told you who the spy was... sooo sorry for trying to play fair.. oh i suppose it was all some mastermind plot to cheat... come on grow up guys. U lost. Bottom line. Focus more on attacks and have faith in who you recrute and u wouldn't have to waste time wondering how you are losing. I remember going to sleep after all day waves on you lot just to wake up to wave 10 after and just kept pushing. No matter what you say your just sore losers at the end of the day.

nopjes

Head Gardener

The Attack plan was sent to you. It funny how now you aren't staying on Attacks? Sith cheated and spied. He openly admitted it
So why is this even a discussion anymore?

Oh look, even more false accusations without anything to back it up!

Coon1

BANNED
I received a pm from recon saying "ur spy ratted out this whole attack btw" When we were ~eta1 on that attack..

I supose this doesn't count as conclusive evidence either. Just like proving they have multis in and out of r3.

Just like when they boosted attacks with their multis.

I quit days ago when it became clear that nothing would be done about this.

People like recon/antney/master will have nothing better to do than play with themselves shortly.. something they will probably enjoy

Coon1

BANNED
Theres evidence for days children. Thise with the power to take control of the situation have chosen to ignore it.

Anywho, poor end to my playing days. This has completely gone to ****

Recon

Pruner
I received a pm from recon saying "ur spy ratted out this whole attack btw" When we were ~eta1 on that attack..

I supose this doesn't count as conclusive evidence either. Just like proving they have multis in and out of r3.

People like recon/antney/master will have nothing better to do than play with themselves shortly.. something they will probably enjoy

This just proves i told him with plenty of time to recall. Not sure how long it takes you to recall but for most of us its just one click away.

Elderveld

Official Helper
I was gonna join in on the discussions. But then i saw Recon talking about playing fair, and i just **** my pants laughing.

minifreak

Pruner
To be fair. Only reason they even know of the screen shot was because i told leeroy WHILE the attack was still underway. Allowing him time to recall and recalc...then your complaining i told you who the spy was... sooo sorry for trying to play fair.. oh i suppose it was all some mastermind plot to cheat... come on grow up guys. U lost. Bottom line. Focus more on attacks and have faith in who you recrute and u wouldn't have to waste time wondering how you are losing. I remember going to sleep after all day waves on you lot just to wake up to wave 10 after and just kept pushing. No matter what you say your just sore losers at the end of the day.

To lose, something has to finish so that's an incorrect point.

It's you're complaining. Not your complaining.

The spy comment is very different to the one we got from Gazzy, he said you joked about saying it with Sith. Now you say you told us it was him out of the goodness of your heart. Which is it? Joke or truth? Who's telling the truth? Gazzy or You?

minifreak

Pruner

This just proves i told him with plenty of time to recall. Not sure how long it takes you to recall but for most of us its just one click away.

Longer for you as you have to log in to all those accounts!

Recon

Pruner
Lol oh good one mini. Keep trying to avoid the obvious ****up on there half

Abreu

Pruner
I'm still amazed at how a few members of BOS that were in Avengers last round were so quick to accuse mini of spying/cheating without a shred of evidence,but when shown evidence of onow offenders with a history however circumstantial you may interpret it, is to dismiss/deny the accusations straight away.

So who did send you that copy and paste of our outgoings recon?

Leeroy

Head Gardener
So Gazzy has admited "he knew something about a Attack coming" and already had defence in place..

So already has back tracked?
I wouldn't mind hearing from someone in TLA. Because NONE of them seem to be on forums. No one knows who they are?
Just asking someone to step up?
Apparently half of rank 1 know the players?

nopjes

Head Gardener
I'm still amazed at how a few members of BOS that were in Avengers last round were so quick to accuse mini of spying/cheating without a shred of evidence,but when shown evidence of onow offenders with a history however circumstantial you may interpret it, is to dismiss/deny the accusations straight away.

Cuts at 2 edges abreu. Avengers somehow got blamed for cheating also multiple times. Also, spying and cheating are different things, however low spying may be.

Abreu

Pruner

Cuts at 2 edges abreu. Avengers somehow got blamed for cheating also multiple times. Also, spying and cheating are different things, however low spying may be.

This I know, hence why I said spying/cheating. However I'm still trying to work out the point of your post.

Yes there were accusations thrown around because of DVS being the leader and also working with botty ( which just happened to be a recon Antney and master multi ally).