R50 Discussions

Max

Garden Designer
I only ask because these are problems I've suffered from in the past when planning resistance hits. I find that either a) we've got LOADS online but nobody with the chutzpah to plan a hit or b) I plan a big hit and then people don't turn up. This makes perfect sense if the goal isn't shared by all the alliances (i.e. not all the alliances care about going out of their daily routine in RL to allow someone else to win). It appeared from an outside point of view that all the ingredients were there, but it appears it fizzled out too quickly and never maintained momentum.

Bravo to rank 1 for making it so difficult to resist against though, don't get me wrong!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
A couple points:

1) This so called back stab on Cori. When we started to hit the other allies, we had made it very clear to all that the resistance was over. I am unsure who made the first statement, but I know that I made certain comments in the irc channels were members of all 3 alliances were lurking on and off. Also the first couple we as an alliance sent anywhere were not at cori. We hit them to grab some easy land after they had been decimated the night before (not sure who by).

2) Regarding the failure of the resistance: Tba seemed to be the alliance putting in the most effort with the most active players. Shituation did a very smart thing when they started blocking us on every single hit. they drained us of morale, we felt it was mainly our effort and troops and yet we were getting nowhere. participation fell through the floor at that stage.

Edit:

3) Regarding the "Powerblock": I didn't see that the so called powerblock changed much. The majority of TBA's players grew massively land fat at low ranks then just grew and did occasional attacks (3 or 4 exceptions who actually bothered to land/bounty hunt at high levels). Scally didn't appear to do any more attacking before the resistance then they did during it and ADHS sucked for the most part. I feel that the resistance can't have been that horrible for those below and around us, purely because our targeting changed so very, very little at that stage.

redlion

Pruner
Naturally that turned out to be the right choice, as even when the remaining 3 alliances had more score and land than Shituation, they wasted much of their time bashing us to the ground. Apparently our 4-5 players sending on each wave was what kept it all going.

Oh well
You know you're right about that. At one point, Scally, TBA and ADH each had over 250bn in score, while r1 had 600, maybe 680. In terms of brute force, they should have been able to overcome on their own.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
but like ed stated out of the 3, overall participation was lacking. After the first weekend, I'd be surprised if we had 25-30 launch.

so alliance scores don't matter when those that make up the alliance don't send, or are unavailable.

Souls

Official Helper
I deserve all of the credit for jump-starting the round again, and I expect to be praised damnit.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
In the take on the slaughter on Cori - ADH got a message through (Can't remember who) which basically stated Cori was out the resistance because Souls had joined TBA. Then someone in our alliance said about TBA massing them (Which then must have been for the free land) but we only got told Cori was out the resistance and they was to be bashed.

So this prompted me instantly, whilst Cori was still quite big to start planning some hits on them, which went down well. Then I went to sleep, woke up and found they had continued to hit Cori with big valued BR's.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Well i can say with certainty that most, if not all of scally had no idea about the backstab on cori.

Private Sent by: TBA Discworld alliance HQ Thu 17th Oct, 2013. 18:03:19 GMT Reply Forward
Subject: re:
ScallyWags alliance HQ wrote:
I posted your stuff up. I'm not around this weekend so idk who you can contact to keep in touch with the ally, maybe chris?

chris shall do!

I went away surfing for that weekend from friday afternoon through to sunday night. I woke up on monday morning with messages from Scally players asking what was happening with the resistance because cori were getting raped by TBA. I was in the lab all of monday but by the evening Cori had gone from around 200bil score on sunday evening to about 80b without a scallywag laying a finger on them i think. (I could be wrong here because i wasn't watching most of the day).

We then attacked squirrels on the tuesday and got a message asking why they were now our targets. The answer was because the resistance was quite clearly over.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i thought for sure cori was being hit by squirrels first, but regardless, our intent was cori, squirrels, scally.

then, squirrels got mullered so fast we barely had anything left to pick over and our steam was spent (defending to the last against smeg) and here we are.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Tbf it may have been squirrels who struck cori first idk but that's just what guys in my ally told me. I didn't even look at anything but the alliance scores until the evening.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I don't know what happened, but it got mass mailed/posted that Cori was out the resistance due to Souls leaving, and that TBA were raping them? Obviously TBA wasn't? So I'm not sure what happened there.

I admit to planning waves on Cori, but purely because I got told they was out the resistance.

Souls

Official Helper
Well something had to happen to start the round up again.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
#TRUTHBOMB

every single wave of the resistance had about as much creativity as a stone, IMO the first waves were only successful because it was a surprise.

puhlease humour me by pointing out how great the planning was by each alliance having 4 targets, all the same tick.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
that's not even been the topic of discussion... ? mebbe you are in the wrong thread?

why are there hashtags being used in the forums? no one is tracking that word...

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
no ed i don't think there was full on agreement, garrett thinks the first waves were actually good planning.

i might just scratch my eyes out now if he's actually serious.

every wave was exactly how we finished the round, 1 alli massing a target and that's why receiving all the alli messages about our noob attacks were full of lulz for us

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
ah, unless you are talking about a different post - you are in the wrong thread as I posted the below in the awards section and this should be under award discussions. what I said was this:

smeg can talk all they want and they did well to keep it together, but they got severe black eyes and lost much land both times these 2 set loose the dogs of war.

what was this in regards to? the best moments of the round. BR's. when the alliance I played for had a dedicated planner and they put thought into the timing, etc. both initial launches at 1 or 2 weeks after round start and the start of the resistance (beginning of winter, unfortunately it gave good weather to plant too soon).

I admit that I looked quickly, but I don't see any post stating that it was zomg BS. You simply are extrapolating a meaning from a fragment of a statement and have taken the wrong direction with it in my opinion.

I said that 3 alliances showed flashes of brilliance, but said flashes were brief and no one stood out.

Hope that clears it up for you!

edd

Tree Surgeon
A false statement, an invalid comparison and use of the word lulz.

You are pretty much active and contactable Dax. You both have long hair too :eek:

Last edited: