R50 Discussions

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
I would just like to thank all my friends and family and certainly stargazer, without them none of this would be possible

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
image_large.axd

redlion

Pruner
Firefly was awesome
I thought so too.

So I've never seen this show Countdown, but I'm watching 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, which I take it is a derivative. Is countdown always so sexual? British TV is funny like that. They put dictionary nerds on camera and film then sniggering when the challenge is Arse Prod.

And what is with the obligatory welsh people and jokes? They're in every episode. It's like token black guys.

Elevnos

BANNED
Firefly was awesome
I thought so too.

So I've never seen this show Countdown, but I'm watching 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, which I take it is a derivative. Is countdown always so sexual? British TV is funny like that. They put dictionary nerds on camera and film then sniggering when the challenge is Arse Prod.

And what is with the obligatory welsh people and jokes? They're in every episode. It's like token black guys.

Countdown is actually a serious program usually, with the exception of Rachel Riley (the one who does the maths and has the letters), none of the people from 8 out of 10 cats does countdown are there...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
And Susie Dent. Basically the only person from Countdown not there is the host...whoever that is these days.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
8 out of 10 cats does countdown is hilarious. Normal countdown is boring as ****

Timmiejj

Pruner
Well well lads, enough with stalking our AHQ with whine mails please.

You have deprived us of playing the game in a normal fashion for weeks with that powerblocking resistance or however the **** you want to call it. We beat that and now we're taking revenge, so suck on it.

Max

Garden Designer
As an outsider this round, there's a question I have that I don't feel has been satisfactorily answered yet.

Why did the resistance fail this round? On paper a 4 v 1 resistance has a pretty good chance of success. I can't believe it failed purely due to defence being sent after an eta 2 reveal.

Was it poor participation rates? Terrific defence from Rank 1? Lack of addrenaline bounty rushes? Or a great number of these, of which no single factor was most damaging?

I'd like to hear what went wrong so resistances can learn for the future :)

Logical answers please preferably with evidence ;)

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
A combination of excellent defence and the resistance being poor.

We had alliances like ADH where about 4/5 sent - and Cori where only Souls sent. So really it was 2 and a quarter alliances. It started off well with kills/land stolen, but that quickly disappeared and Smeg stepped up their game.

Oh, and the frequency of the waves dropped significantly.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Not necessarily the only factor, but I think the biggest problem was a lack of coherent participation. Everyone at some point had lots able to send, but all at different times. Kudos to Smeg for their defence too. They had a tactic which worked awesomely with the doggies.

The dogs were a major put-off for bounty hunting too. I think the biggest thing I am going to take away is that if you are facing a dog-ed enemy ally, RPG become almost useless.

redlion

Pruner
As an outsider this round, there's a question I have that I don't feel has been satisfactorily answered yet.

Why did the resistance fail this round? On paper a 4 v 1 resistance has a pretty good chance of success. I can't believe it failed purely due to defence being sent after an eta 2 reveal.

Was it poor participation rates? Terrific defence from Rank 1? Lack of addrenaline bounty rushes? Or a great number of these, of which no single factor was most damaging?

The biggest problem was lack of participation.

If we had rallied even 40 IDs we would have stood a decent chance of doing some damage. But instead, it would be one alliance (never a full 20 either) and whoever else they chose to tell an hour before they sent.

No offense to any ally leader, I don't think the blame falls squarely on the leaders' shoulders... but it's a pretty poor showing from two or three supposedly ftw alliances to have five or six total IDs sending as "a wave."

I don't think r1's defense was a factor, really. Their defense was average for always having the troop advantage. Below average at times.

Timmiejj

Pruner

The biggest problem was lack of participation.

If we had rallied even 40 IDs we would have stood a decent chance of doing some damage. But instead, it would be one alliance (never a full 20 either) and whoever else they chose to tell an hour before they sent.

No offense to any ally leader, I don't think the blame falls squarely on the leaders' shoulders... but it's a pretty poor showing from two or three supposedly ftw alliances to have five or six total IDs sending as "a wave."

I don't think r1's defense was a factor, really. Their defense was average for always having the troop advantage. Below average at times.

we didn't have troop advantage when the resistance started :shock: far from actually, that's part of the reason the first couple of hits had so much landlosses.