Football Season Run In

Darryl

Head Gardener
Re: Football Season Run In

Bunion said:
Man Utd have been in AWFUL form as of late.
The win over arsenal was lucky if you ask me. We didn't deserve to win it from the way we played. The draws to Boro and Blackburn also showed how poorly we can play. Granted the Villa result was Villa, and Darryl will attest to that being an automatic 3 points. We played poorly in Barcelona, with a very defensive display, lacking the usual flair and exciting attacking football you've come to expect from Utd, giving the advantage to Barcelona, at least Chelski got the flukey away goal.

The league is still up for grabs, and Utd are still in the driving seat, thanks to goal difference, but haven't beaten West Ham in the last 3-4 matches, and we all saw what Wigan can do last Monday.

I'm sure that West Ham still owe you a favour for the end of last season, and yes, there is no journey, not even to "the sty" St Andrews that I make with as much trepidation as to Old Trafford. I'd gladly just give you the six (because lets face it, VP is your home from home, 13 years since you dropped points there?) points, and a bye into the 4th round of the FA cup, because I'm fed up of the two yearly league defeats, and our FA Cup ending in January.

A bit further down the table from the title race, Villa play Everton tomorrow which is a fairly big game. 3 points behind Everton with better goal difference, thanks to 15 goals in 3 games, Everton still have to travel to the Emirates and we have yet to play Wigan and West Ham (yes, we play the same two teams as M*n *td). If we get a draw or better at Goodison, I'm confident of 5th place, but hey, i'd have been delighted with 6th if it'd been offered to me at the start of the season, we've come a long way from the team that was almost relegated just two seasons ago under Doug Ellis and David "I wish I were at Leeds" O'Leary.

Viva la Lerner!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Nickk said:
i cant believe man united lost :(
only watched the first half of the manage and then had to go to work. i heard vidic got substituted off quite early hopefully it isnt a serious injury?

Drogba knee'd him in the face and knocked him out. And he got a tooth through his lip. Nasty, but he should be back fairly soon I'd imagine.

I'm more worried about Rooney. He didn't look great when he came off.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Leeds guranteed play off place.
All that matters :D

Treedude

Harvester

Big weekend again :O

Disapointed with Man U's performance (we just didn't really create much, I'd go into it more but I'd just get angry again :p), but as has been pointed out by others with the team we sent out we didn't look like we were going for the win, one eye on the barca game methinks. It's blown the title race wide open tho, I'm just hoping we can win our last 2 games and that hopefully Newcastle will cause Chelsea some problems at St. James'. Loving the Champs League tho, hopefully the game at old trafford should be a beast, I can see the Liverpool Chelsea game being boring as hell if Chelsea score first, really need the pool to score first to make it interesting.

And in Scotland, omg, what a beast of an Old Firm game today, 3-2 to Celtic, was an epic. Rangers still in the driving seat for sure but my god will they be feeling the pressure now. They have the games in hand but that doesn't quite match having the points in the bank. They can afford 1 slip up and still win it (1 loss and 1 draw would see them level on points with Celtic), so it really is pressure pressure pressure :p Loving it tbh, such a close finish

Krunkeh

Digger

After Everton's poor form after Arteta's injury I am worried we won't get the 5th spot and automatic UEFA Cup play. What a thriller on Saturday vs Villa btw. Villa = Set Piece Champs....

I think Chelsea have the upper hand....Man Utd is the superior team, but I have an odd feeling Chelski wins out and Man U pulls a draw somewhere.

I think Reading Fulham and Derby will be heading down. Birmingham will narrowly escape for next year I believe.

Liverpool to win CL. Rafa owns in Europe, and Fergie and Grant look lost tactically in Europe. Barcelona v Liverpool. 2-1 Liverpool. Hate to say it. Damn.

cervantes

Pruner

well, well, Manchester did it! 1-0 versus Barca!
Congratz Treedude!

Loz

Harvester

What a Game !!

come on united!!!!!! :cheers: :drinking: :cheers:

Nickk

Harvester

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Bunion

Harvester

Man I was so nervous...SO NERVOUS

Didn't help that I had inc too :S

Treedude

Harvester

My god I thought I was going to have a heart attack, what a tense game. Loving that we made it to the final tho, don't care who we get tbh, altho it would probably be a better game against Liverpool. Just hoping that this win can give us the momentum to beat West Ham at the weekend

Overall I am one very happy man, GTA 4 and this all in the one day, awesome :D

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Krunkeh said:
I think Reading Fulham and Derby will be heading down. Birmingham will narrowly escape for next year I believe.

I reckon Bolton will go down in place of Reading. Bolton are awful.

Harbinger

Pruner

Twigley said:
Nickk said:
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

* Glory Glory Glory Supporter!!!!!!

I like that tune - but I normally sing different words - beginning with 'Who the .................?'

Come on the 'pool :D

Bunion

Harvester

Chelski going home to Russia it would seem.

Was an amazing match from what I could tell from the radio :eek:

Treedude

Harvester

Aye, what an intense game, was loving it as a neutral. Don't know what Rafa was playing at taking Torres off, hopefully there'll be some sort of explanation as to why. Man U Chelsea final anyway, weird, don't know how that one is gonna go, fairly excited at the prospect tho, altho if Drogba puts in a performance as he did tonight we could be in trouble :eek:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

ya know i fear chelsea will win, but as a arsenal fan i really hope man u pull it off, concidering chelsea put so much money into their squad i dont see them having anymore talent than any of the others in the top 3

GO GO Man u do me proud.

Bunion

Harvester

Coming from a Gooner that's something...

I'm most afraid that the showpiece of the English league to europe...the world...is going to be a repeat of last year's FA Cup final, and if you can't remember it, no one can, it was THAT boring. Ok so Man Utd lost, so naturally I wouldn't be impressed, but I actually can't remember it :?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Which game where you guys watching tonight :?: :!:

It was terrible untill extra time.
Chelsea are such a boring team and liverpool couldnt pass the ball.