Football Season Run In

Treedude

Harvester
Now that the football1 season is well and truly in the business end of things I was wondering what peoples predictions were? All the major leagues are still to be decided and most of them are still pretty damn close, then there's the champions league, the fa cup and the championship (which is possibly the most exciting as its so bloody close).

Personally I think Man U will manage to hold onto the lead at the top, but I don't think we'll get the champs league. Liverpool vs Chelsea is interesting, dunno if L'pool can make it 3 out of 3 at that stage against chelsea tho :p Also I think the bottom 3 atm are the 3 that will go down. FA Cup i think Pompey will just be too strong for Cardiff, seen as they're probably about the only team in england right now who can match Cardiff for individual players experience lol both teams have some great names from years ago :p Elsewhere in Europe I haven't been keeping all that much track, does seem that Barca have bottled it in the league tho and its all in Real's hands atm. Inter seem to be heading for the title as well, but with only 4 points in it ofc anything can happen, especially if (as I hope/suspect it will) Roma exit the champs league tonight.

All in all it's shaping up to be a bloody good end to the season anyway :D Anyway what I really wanted was what other people thought about it so....

Nonny

Harvester
Re: Football Season Run In

With their confidence and experience I'd expect Man U. to hold onto their lead but I wouldn't bet money on it. Especially with Arsenal to visit Old Trafford and Stamford bridge away still to come!

I have a hunch Arsenal will beat Man. U. away but reckon the Red Devils will still take the double, beating Chelsea in the champions league final.

I don't see the bottom 3 changing.

Southend to win promotion in the league 1 play-offs and return to the Championship. Promotion again and winning the Premiership in 3 seasons time!

(Spot the hopeful yet more than a little unlikely prediction ;) )

Gooner-fan-deano

Harvester

I can see Barcelona winning the champions league...although they have some serious injuries at the moment
Man united to win premiership...cant see Arsenal (team i support) or Chelsea catching up...but it's definately not certain yet
Exeter to get promoted in the blue square pemier along with Aldershot :D

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Man united
Chelsea
Arsenal

For sure. :p Esp when United beat Chelsea it will be over.
Can you guys really see United losing a game? :S

It will most likely be a Liverpool/Chelsea v Man united final.
Barca have a few injuries including ronaldinho and united are well prepared!

Imo it is Liverpool v Man united final where ill be HOPING liverpool win but most likely it will be united :'(

League one - Leeds for the play offs final win :D!

Gooner-fan-deano

Harvester

I can see United losing against Newcastle along with a draw against Arsenal
they will lose one game with the defensive injuries at the moment

Axis

Planter

Twigley said:
Can you guys really see United losing a game? :S

Didn't predict them drawing with Boro' either.

Right, through my blue eyes:

ManU aren't too secure, I still think the Chels' are in with a shot. Arsenal's morale is poor what with everything having gone tits up recently, having said that I think they'll put everything into the ManU game at the Emirates - purely for pride.

I can't see Chelsea letting Liverpool squeeze past them in the Champions League again. They'll want to knock Liverpool out in revenge. I see a ManU vs Chelsea final - wouldn't want to call that!

I think the bottom three are pretty much fixed now :/

Treedude

Harvester

Axis said:
ManU aren't too secure, I still think the Chels' are in with a shot. Arsenal's morale is poor what with everything having gone tits up recently, having said that I think they'll put everything into the ManU game at the Emirates - purely for pride.

Fortunately for us Man U fans the game isn't at the Emirates, it's at Old Trafford :p I don't think we'll win however, a draw is probably the most likely outcome I'd say, but it all depends how the Arsenal players react to their champions league exit midweek, if they react anything like they did around the time of the 4-0 and that Birmingham game (Gallas in tears and that) then I think we'll coast to victory over them, but somehow I don't think they'll react quite that badly again, if they do thats their season over

Axis

Planter

Treedude said:
Axis said:

Fortunately for us Man U fans the game isn't at the Emirates, it's at Old Trafford :p

Yeah, sorry! Got muddled up for a moment there, ManU are going to the Bridge xD

Treedude

Harvester

Big win for Man U there yesterday, looking like the game at Stamford Bridge may decide who wins the title, as it should have been last year :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

im quite disappointed as an arsenal fan that we chucked away another win against the top 4, we did it with chelsea, liverpool and now man u, obviously are problems start with the back 4. i hope in the summer he buys a reliable defender or 2. and stops playing eboue and toure down that right side. grrr

i think man u might hold onto the league now and may possibly take the champions league too.

cervantes

Pruner

Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, who cares???
Bayern Munich is winning the national cup and championship, that's all that matters :p
(and hopefully the UEFA Cup also, these lucky smeg-heads ;))

Treedude

Harvester

cervantes said:
Bayern Munich is winning the national cup and championship, that's all that matters :p
(and hopefully the UEFA Cup also, these lucky smeg-heads ;))

Hopefully UEFA cup? :p imo Bayern have the best team in the UEFA cup by some way, they're so gonna take it, their team is absolutely phenomenal

cervantes

Pruner

Treedude said:
Hopefully UEFA cup? :p imo Bayern have the best team in the UEFA cup by some way, they're so gonna take it, their team is absolutely phenomenal

I agree with you, but did you by any chance see the game they played in Getafe? This was one of the worst games by Bayern in this season. And they were soooo lucky to advance to the semi finals. (not that i am complaining, i am a huge Bayern supporter after all :p)
So that is why i say "hopefully" :)

Treedude

Harvester

I did see it actually :eek: decided to watch that over the Rangers game, think we chose right lol :p It was an awesome game from a neutral point of view, and yeah it wasn't a great Bayern performance (against 10 men Getafe they should have cruised through) but you could see the quality there, you didn't play well but got the goals you needed, and they were all beast goals I seem to remember. Out of the last 4 Bayern definitely have the strongest team, just a question of whether they can keep winning, but I think they'll get themselves there. Mauled Borussia 5-0 at the weekend as well I saw, and still on for the german cup, could be a damn good season for you, good signings this year, Ribery is the man and Klose and Toni as a front 2 is a terrifying combination and Podolski is no slouch either :p

cervantes

Pruner

Yes, I am pretty happy with the team we have this season. Toni is amazing, he scored 31 goals so far, counting all competitions (championship, german cup, UEFA cup). Klose is having a little low time at the moment, but he will be back, and Podolski is still very young and has a great potential. We don't even have to talk about Ribery :)

They crushed Dortmund in 22 minutes last Sunday. 4:0 after 22 Minutes, that was awesome. Funny thing is, the Cup final is on Saturday, and who is the opponent? Dortmund again hehe :). I just hope Bayern dont take it too easily, having beaten them so clearly just now, I think Dortmund will play much better on Saturday.

If everything goes as I am hoping for, we might be celebrating three titles this season, would be nice :)
And next season your team and my team might meet in the Champions League again :)

Treedude

Harvester

lol idd, always fun when we get to play you, especially when its in a Champions league final in 1999 :O :p

Should be good for the champions league next year as a whole tho anyway, Bayern and Juventus being back in it, altho it is looking like AC Milan might not be there which would be a shame, hope they can get it together for the run in and take that 4th place in the league back from Fiorentina

cervantes

Pruner

Don't remind me about the 1999 final, it still hurts. I try to ban his memory from my brain indefinitely :)
But well, we beat you twice 2 years later, Even at Old Trafford. But during 2000/2001 season Bayern hat a good run, they also beat Real Madrid twice and eventually won the title. See, THIS is a memory I would like to be reminded!

But yeah, I am looking forward to some nice games in next year's season. Hopefully Bayern can use their potential in the big games. Milan don't play such a good season this year, but well, so did Bayern last year :)
I think it is also good to have some new flesh in the Champions League once in a while. And if Milan dont make it into the league, then they will be back the season after that.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

As a Spurs fan I'm just waiting for next season... :(

Treedude

Harvester

Ooft, big week so far :O Chelsea dropping points to Wigan, Man U got 1 hand on that title now, still a ways to go tho, just need to not bottle it :p

Big win for Celtic last night in the Old Firm game too, was an absolute beast of a game (you can check the highlights here). Closed the gap at the top to 1 point, although Rangers have 2 games in hand, but seen as Celtic only have 5 league games left to play and Rangers have 7 league games, a 2 leg UEFA cup semi and a Scottish Cup semi (and therefore potentially 2 finals as well) things could still go right down to the wire :eek: so exciting