Football Season Run In

Axis

Planter
Re: Football Season Run In

Treedude said:
Ooft, big week so far :O Chelsea dropping points to Wigan

Went up to the Bridge to watch it. Ridiculous game, could have easily happened again against Everton last night as well :|

Champions League, then on to next season! xD

... If we don't win the C.L., Grant's gone... whoop whoop! Win-win situation!

Anyone else heard the rumours that Chelsea have their eyes on Messi and Kaka? Exciting! xD

Nickk

Harvester

Axis said:
Treedude said:
Ooft, big week so far :O Chelsea dropping points to Wigan

Went up to the Bridge to watch it. Ridiculous game, could have easily happened again against Everton last night as well :|

Champions League, then on to next season! xD

... If we don't win the C.L., Grant's gone... whoop whoop! Win-win situation!

Anyone else heard the rumours that Chelsea have their eyes on Messi and Kaka? Exciting! xD

First thing is ahhahahahahhaahahahahahah for chelsea losing 2 points against wigan. Secondly i think regardless of whether Grant wins CL or not he will still get the sack, especially after that dodgy after match conference. As for chelsea buying messi..no chance. However kaka may be possible if you think about it - AC Milan will buy ronaldiniho and apparently ruud van nistelrooy. Anyways Man utd are blatantly gonna do the double :p

Axis

Planter

Nickk said:
However kaka may be possible if you think about it - AC Milan will buy ronaldiniho and apparently ruud van nistelrooy.

They've also been linked with Drogba :(

Nickk

Harvester

Axis said:
Nickk said:
However kaka may be possible if you think about it - AC Milan will buy ronaldiniho and apparently ruud van nistelrooy.

Bah you wont need drogba when you get kaka.... imagine it, kaka and joe cole the playmakers for anelka :O

Axis

Planter

Nickk said:
Axis said:
Nickk said:

Bah you wont need drogba when you get kaka.... imagine it, kaka and joe cole the playmakers for anelka :O

New boxers please!

Other big question is if Lampard stays. Though Balack and Essien are coming on. Oh, and Cech and Terry have to stop falling apart and start playing regularly with Carvaliho :D Tbh, it's amazing Chelsea are the team that ended up pressuring ManU at the end - what with all the first team absences, injuries and management changes. Particularly when Arsenal were playing such great football :|

Tim

Harvester

Axis said:
New boxers please!

Other big question is if Lampard stays. Though Balack and Essien are coming on. Oh, and Cech and Terry have to stop falling apart and start playing regularly with Carvaliho :D Tbh, it's amazing Chelsea are the team that ended up pressuring ManU at the end - what with all the first team absences, injuries and management changes. Particularly when Arsenal were playing such great football :|

Birmingham vs Arsenal was where it fell apart for Arsenal, I feel. Credit to Chelsea though, I wrote them off after Mourinho left but they've shown amazing resilience to be where they are now. I reckon Man Utd will beat them at Stamford Bridge though to effectively seal the title - they do deserve it after all after the way they've played all season.

SPL is what worries me though. Everything was looking rosy until Wednesday, when Rangers lost to an injury time goal to Celtic. I suspect that a lot will hinge on next Sunday's final Old Firm clash at Celtic Park and unfortunately our keeper and best defender are out so it's slightly worrying. It has all the makings of the Celtic shame game from 1999.

Due to postponements earlier in the season (weather conditions, players dying, etc etc) as well as continued involvement in the UEFA cup, Rangers have a huge fixture build up - two UEFA semi-final games, Scottish Cup semi-final and an Old Firm game in the next two weeks, then we are fully booked for pretty much every weekend and mid-week fixture until 18th May. There are also two further SPL games which have to be scheduled and then possibly a Scottish Cup Final and UEFA Cup Final game too (fingers crossed!)

It hasn't been this exciting since 2005...

Chewie

Pruner

probably completely innapropriate time. but did you realise you spelt "Glasgow" wrong on your location? Sorry to go offtopic lik but it maade me giggle that your from GLAGOW

Tim

Harvester

Chewie said:
probably completely innapropriate time. but did you realise you spelt "Glasgow" wrong on your location? Sorry to go offtopic lik but it maade me giggle that your from GLAGOW

:p Thanks!

Treedude

Harvester

I'm not at all surprised at Chelsea being the ones pressurising Man U at the end. I mean Arsenal do play good football but they've lost that cut throat instict at the wrong time and it seems to be their usual in recent years, but look at Chelsea's squad and the amount of money they've put into it. Seriously with that squad you'd have to be an absolutely terrible manager to not do well, they could probably enter 2 different teams into the premier league which would both finish top 4. Fair enough they've lost a few key players at various points, but the only one I'd say was a really big miss was Terry (although tbh I think he's way overated :p), every other injury there's another player to step in who is just as good (and in some cases better depending on your opinion). They effectively have 2 world class players for every position on the pitch.

I am loving the slight shift in pressure in the SPL tho Tim, should be an exciting end for it, especially seen as if Celtic can win the next old firm and the game after that then Rangers will be 8 points behind with 4 games in hand, it will be very interesting to see if you can handle the pressure. Ofc personally I'm hoping Celtic can clinch it especially after the awards for the season shambles. I can't believe they gave out the award for best player and best manager and all that when there's still so much left to play, for that reason I think it would be hilarious if Walter didn't actually manage to win the league (almost as hilarious as Cuellar getting player of the season and in the very next game getting sent off for a ridiculous goal line handball :p )

To be fair to Rangers tho the fixtures this year in Scotland have been an absolute joke, there was a period of a month or so when there'd be a game called off at least every week. Although Rangers getting games postponed to prepare for CL games etc is coming back to bite you in the arse :p

EDIT: Forgot to say, watched the German Cup Final yesterday cervantes, thought Bayern weren't great (although the 1st goal was an absolute beast, what a pass from Van Bommel to set it up) but a good win anyway, exciting to watch as a neutral :)
Oh also I see PSV won the Dutch league today so congrats to any PSV fans on here. league was decided in the last weekend of games again over there, loving that, and 4 in a row for PSV, that's mighty impressive

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

We (Standard Liège) just won the championship last night against our arch rivals Anderlecht, by defeating them 2 to 0. First time that we've won the league in 25 years! \o/

galery_690_5793.jpg

galery_690_5780.jpg

galery_690_5786.jpg

430808011.jpg

And our keeper who keeps his promise and jumps in the local river (la Meuse):
3349075620.jpg

VIVE LE STANDARD!!!

edit: The atmosphere just before the kick-off: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55jre_sclessin2_sport
During the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLn-Iy08L0&feature=related
After the game in the streets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ir165eG_M

Nickk

Harvester

ooo can't wait for liverpool vs chelsea in 30 minutes time!!!!!
my prediction is liverpool 2-1 chelsea
I hope liverpool win by more though, that way chelsea will be mentally analled when playing man united in the coming week :D

cervantes

Pruner

Treedude said:
EDIT: Forgot to say, watched the German Cup Final yesterday cervantes, thought Bayern weren't great (although the 1st goal was an absolute beast, what a pass from Van Bommel to set it up) but a good win anyway, exciting to watch as a neutral :)
I saw the game too (naturally :)). I agree, yet another weak performance by Bayern. They played well first 30 minutes, but then they werent eager enough to go for the second goal. They were inviting Borussia to score more or less. But it still was an exciting game for me to watch. Let's see how they play on Thursday versus Zenit.

As we speak it is still 1:0 for Liverpool. Man, I think Chelsea will never beat them in the Champion's League, but then, there is still the second game next week. And then Chelsea will be the home team. Very intersting to follow, too bad I am at work and cannot watch it live...

Nickk

Harvester

cervantes said:
As we speak it is still 1:0 for Liverpool. Man, I think Chelsea will never beat them in the Champion's League, but then, there is still the second game next week. And then Chelsea will be the home team. Very intersting to follow, too bad I am at work and cannot watch it live...

Game ended 1:1.
Very scruffy and compact match first half but definitely opened up second half with liverpool believing they could win! Who would of known that riise would score a shocker of an own goal. I really thought liverpool were robbed, it is going to be a tough second leg for them to get to the finals

cervantes

Pruner

Yeah, too bad, I kept my fingers crossed for the Reds....
Anyway, looks like Chelsea will finally advance to the final this year. I dont think the Reds can win the second leg.
I am also looking forward to the match tomorrow, will be an intersting game!

Treedude

Harvester

Aye that was unlucky for Liverpool but tbh Chelsea were worth the win, they had as many chances as Liverpool and as L'pool bottled several chances to kill off the game (and also possibly the tie) i think it was a fair result. As cervantes said, can't see L'pool going through now, don't think they can win at Stamford Bridge, altho if Man U manage to win there at the weekend then who knows, but even with that I can't see it.

I wasn't nervous about the game against Barca until I watched that game last night, now I'm absolutely bricking it :p Really don't know how it's gonna go lol I'm not hoping for a win anyway, just hope that we can get that all important away goal

TehPantz

Head Gardener

TheNamelessWonder said:
Football doesn't start until September.

Go Patriots!

Go Packers!

Patriots shouldn't even be allowed to play for a few seasons in complete SHAME! I was going for the giants and i still felt ashamed when the Patriots won. Now i look back and laugh at them.

Nickk

Harvester

i cant believe man united lost :(
only watched the first half of the manage and then had to go to work. i heard vidic got substituted off quite early hopefully it isnt a serious injury?

Bunion

Harvester

Man Utd have been in AWFUL form as of late.
The win over arsenal was lucky if you ask me. We didn't deserve to win it from the way we played. The draws to Boro and Blackburn also showed how poorly we can play. Granted the Villa result was Villa, and Darryl will attest to that being an automatic 3 points. We played poorly in Barcelona, with a very defensive display, lacking the usual flair and exciting attacking football you've come to expect from Utd, giving the advantage to Barcelona, at least Chelski got the flukey away goal.

The league is still up for grabs, and Utd are still in the driving seat, thanks to goal difference, but haven't beaten West Ham in the last 3-4 matches, and we all saw what Wigan can do last Monday.

Nervous times.

One the bright side...
Stoke City are 1 point from promotion, with struggling Leicester to play! GO STOKE!
And Barnsley are safe now too :)

My parents will be happy, though my Dad is still biting his finger nails and the matches ended an hour ago, dread to think what he'll be like if Stoke do get promoted :p