Bush advertising

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Not a fan of harriers myself, Not enough firepower to make up for their squishyness.. I like rangers though.

I love all the folks playing Harriers this round.. Just makes me wish I was playing vamps again. Nom Nom Nom.. :D

Poms are still an epic route.. Even with all the folks in the top massing marines, and all the arsonists running around..

POMs are just boring :(

I love POMs. Played POMs a few times, including last round. And I think I'll be playing them again next round. They just tend to survive so well which just means you can get so much more BRs. And as i bribing route, they are much different than puppets, but with the potential to be much better.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
can't argue TOO much there.. I do miss killing stuff :(

But going for compulsive collector was a lot of fun this round.. ^_^ Even if I DID get all the units in a week.. and landing on bunkers is always fun too :p

Killing stuff will always take precedence though.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Not a fan of harriers myself, Not enough firepower to make up for their squishyness.. I like rangers though.

I love all the folks playing Harriers this round.. Just makes me wish I was playing vamps again. Nom Nom Nom.. :D

Poms are still an epic route.. Even with all the folks in the top massing marines, and all the arsonists running around..

I love POMs. Played POMs a few times, including last round. And I think I'll be playing them again next round. They just tend to survive so well which just means you can get so much more BRs. And as i bribing route, they are much different than puppets, but with the potential to be much better.

I love POMs. I love Gurus, newsies, PLs, Loudies, HVs, etc. I love the route, it's just boring as balls :p. At a certain point it becomes boring to block all the flak, sure you get lots of BRs, but mostly you block flak, and then your allymates do the killing. I love being a last ditch defence stopper/blocker, and I truly adore being able to just stop people from firing at all, but being unable to kill removes so much of the pleasure from the game.

zhouj

Harvester

Get in range :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

I love POMs. I love Gurus, newsies, PLs, Loudies, HVs, etc. I love the route, it's just boring as balls :p. At a certain point it becomes boring to block all the flak, sure you get lots of BRs, but mostly you block flak, and then your allymates do the killing. I love being a last ditch defence stopper/blocker, and I truly adore being able to just stop people from firing at all, but being unable to kill removes so much of the pleasure from the game.

The one time I played them: 5 min ticks round. Nightmare on top of the fact they were severely nerfed that round too. Hypnos were great though!
I'll stick with CG PB though!

Davs

Garden Designer
The only sad thing about PoMs imo is the lack of killing :p

Generally speaking I absolutely love it as a route - not just for defence, but for how awesome it is for attacking as well. Yes, you have to face everything for all 3 ticks, but the ridiculous fire-power makes it easily possible. Love it.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon

Generally speaking I absolutely love it as a route - not just for defence, but for how awesome it is for attacking as well. Yes, you have to face everything for all 3 ticks, but the ridiculous fire-power makes it easily possible. Love it.

^^ Just avoid Dragons/Marines/Bikers and it's epic :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

The one time I played them: 5 min ticks round. Nightmare on top of the fact they were severely nerfed that round too. Hypnos were great though!
I'll stick with CG PB though!

In all fairness DaX, the 5 minute round tick also had a disproportionately large amount of PB/Biker/Thug units which made being POM utterly unbearable.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

marines need to be massed in order to be a real threat.. :p Bikers to a lesser extent. Dragons aren't much of a threat alone, but IG/Sorc can be quite painful.

Really, there aren't any routes that truly excel at killing poms without giving up something.

Zhouj - Stop being a nub and sitting on 30tr+ in seeds, plant, donate, and then you will have targets :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

marines need to be massed in order to be a real threat.. :p Bikers to a lesser extent. Dragons aren't much of a threat alone, but IG/Sorc can be quite painful.

Really, there aren't any routes that truly excel at killing poms without giving up something.

I had assumed he meant dragons as a route, not as a unit. As a route, they are the only thing that kills POMs effectively these days. bikers are lolz. and marines are annoying, and only the top ranks can truly afford to mass them to a nasty extent.

Davs

Garden Designer
I had assumed he meant dragons as a route, not as a unit. As a route, they are the only thing that kills POMs effectively these days. bikers are lolz. and marines are annoying, and only the top ranks can truly afford to mass them to a nasty extent.

Entirely agreed. Bikers really aren't a significant threat to PoMs as no one bothers to mass bikers sufficiently to do any real damage. Granted, arsons can easily land off PoMs, but doing no damage in the process. Marines are just an nuisance unless massed beyond any sensible extreme. The dragon/sorc route, however, can thoroughly ruin PoMs.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I only ever used marines as a psychological counter to Guru-blocking. They destroy them. Poms, well they aren't threatened by marines at all in honesty, especially if hv are sent too.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Good to see we are all on the same page.. :p

Marines are definitely not effective Pom killers.. they get about 5:1 efficiency on poms, and no one will mass bikers nowadays since there are so few Poms playing in the top.

Sorc/Ig is the only real option, as they can also kill other units too, making them more likely to be massed over bikers, and kill a bit better than marines.

Doesn't mean Poms still aren't epic though! :D

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon

Indeed. The Dragon route which someone from FL has done this round has destroyed PoMs. They apart from Marines (massed) are THE only route I see pwning PoM...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
let me introduce you to PBs, arsons, bikers and F117.

PBs fire ALL, same with 117s, i.e. not all that useful if there is anything flakking POMs (which there is). They are better than, say CWs, at killing POMs, but not all that effective when you think about it.

Arsons don't kill.

Bikers suck; and no one uses them.

Therefore: The Dragon route is the only useful route that has fulfills multiple roles aside from raping POMs.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Therefore: The Dragon route is the only useful route that has fulfills multiple roles aside from raping POMs.

He did not say anything about fulfilling multiple purposes. PB + jeep is about as good as Sorc + IG (and terrors) when it comes to killing a pom.

Davs

Garden Designer

He did not say anything about fulfilling multiple purposes. PB + jeep is about as good as Sorc + IG (and terrors) when it comes to killing a pom.

Except that as sorcs are a lot less squishy than PBs, you don't have to flak them quite so heavily.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
since we are far off topic, i'll summarize this thread in a word.... penis.