Bush advertising

Davs

Garden Designer
It's not really worth doing advertising when there are no updates being made. No one who's mutually attacking and farming is being locked. Anyone new you brought would simply get frustrated and leave before they even completed a round.

Not entirely true. Yes, the game is a lot more stagnant than it used to be, but it's still a game people enjoy - or else there wouldn't even be the tiny playerbase that remains left.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i didn't say it wasn't an enjoyable game. i'm saying this thread is much to do about nothing.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
It's not really worth doing advertising when there are no updates being made.

Seriously? I fail understand the connection between updating a product and advertising. As I mentioned, the playerbase will continue to lose players regardless. Advertising brings in new players who have never played the game before. They don't know what it was like or what update have been done, and they don't care.

As far as im concerned they game is quite enjoyable and very balanced and isn't in need of updates. Sure, some stuff might be good, but not having that stuff doesn't make the game bad.

No one who's mutually attacking and farming is being locked. Anyone new you brought would simply get frustrated and leave before they even completed a round.

I never see any of this. Stop blowing things out of proportion. Leave the sensationalization to the media.

I'm really sick of all the pessimistic attitudes trying to kill every thread that discusses increasing playerbase size. We all know the problem, and believe it or not, we are also well aware that nothing is likely to be done about it. But that doesn't mean we cant keep the forums alive with some kind of discussion that doesn't involve griping or playing the blame game over petty game politics.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
No one who's mutually attacking and farming is being locked. Anyone new you brought would simply get frustrated and leave before they even completed a round.

I never see any of this. Stop blowing things out of proportion. Leave the sensationalization to the media.

I'm really sick of all the pessimistic attitudes trying to kill every thread that discusses increasing playerbase size. We all know the problem, and believe it or not, we are also well aware that nothing is likely to be done about it. But that doesn't mean we cant keep the forums alive with some kind of discussion that doesn't involve griping or playing the blame game over petty game politics.

There are quite a lot of multis/mutual attackers around. Mainly because Azzer doesn't have any kind of visible presence, so people feel they can do whatever they like without consequence.

Stating the truth isn't "pessimism". Not recognising that this is a dead game and that in all likelyhood nothing is going to change...that is naive.

We all love the game, hence why we're still here, but we're very much a dwindling few. Most of us play purely out of habit or because of the people we got to know here.

Elderveld

Official Helper
So i recieved a mail today from facebook. They are offering me ***8364;30,- free advertising money on FB ads. Not sure if i get that AFTER i bought some, or i can just use it!

will test that later, keep you guy's updated!

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I will hold a candlelight vigil for you when Zynga thugs come to end you. :(

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I always lol at Harriers. Unless you competently utilise the entire route, you are playing the OBVIOUS ROUTE IS OBVIOUS way.

If you go Harriers and don't mass Harriers, you're an idiot.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I always lol at Harriers. Unless you competently utilise the entire route, you are playing the OBVIOUS ROUTE IS OBVIOUS way.

BORING ROUTE IS BORING. Thus why I haven't, and will not, play that God-forsaken route. It's so appalling it requires you to only buy one unit? Lololol.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

BORING ROUTE IS BORING. Thus why I haven't, and will not, play that God-forsaken route. It's so appalling it requires you to only buy one unit? Lololol.

The majority of routes have 1 unit that is the best. In a competent alliance, not massing that 1 unit is suboptimal.

edd

Tree Surgeon

In a completely dissimilar way to allied RPG or SA players for example? The reason most people play the as you call it "OBVIOUS ROUTE IS OBVIOUS way" is because that tends to be the best way to play for your alliance.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'd rather be bored with useful troops (i.e. last round, big sorc with lots of everything) than be playing the less obvious way, and having no fun at all. *shrug*

That being said, i'm never playing harrier :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'll also never play SA. I don't like the idea of the route. At all. I can't really explain why though.

As for 'serving your alliance', I've played RPG solo before. Otherwise - PB and CG have always been my selections. Both serve the purpose pretty well, and I've always kept interest in playing when playing either route.

As with everything, it's personal preference. I just think Harriers are dog sh*t.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Not a fan of harriers myself, Not enough firepower to make up for their squishyness.. I like rangers though.

I love all the folks playing Harriers this round.. Just makes me wish I was playing vamps again. Nom Nom Nom.. :D

Poms are still an epic route.. Even with all the folks in the top massing marines, and all the arsonists running around..

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
People who think Rangers aren't worth it are as gay as Polo.

(!!!)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Not a fan of harriers myself, Not enough firepower to make up for their squishyness.. I like rangers though.

I love all the folks playing Harriers this round.. Just makes me wish I was playing vamps again. Nom Nom Nom.. :D

Poms are still an epic route.. Even with all the folks in the top massing marines, and all the arsonists running around..

POMs are just boring :(