Skyrim!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Just started playing it now as a wood elf. Very good :D

Franny

Head Gardener
Oh and its amazing. Redguard bashing block, one handed, heavy armour and smithing.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Probally the best game i've ever played after playing it some (ok alot) more.

(Yes even including golden eye and the final fantasy series!!!)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
This game rocks. Go buy it. Like, right now.

kthx.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Definitely gonna be picking this up once I've finished the insane backlog of games I have waiting...this 2 week period is insane!!!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
If you're debating buying the console version over the PC version, remember key to that decision is:

A) If your PC is a decent-end gaming machine
B) The importance of mods

Console versions cannot be modded. The PC version, however, will be constantly provided with a plethora of amazing mods that add new gameplay and bolster graphics.

The game has been out like a week and already there's this.

Some examples:

Enhanced-Blood.jpg

---

Flora-Overhaul-590x486.jpg

---

Detailed-Faces-590x331.jpg

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Jesus H Christ this game is so ****ing good

When I tried oblivion I couldn't really get in to it, but this one has me so addicted. Really nice graphics, breathtaking scenery, huge world, amazing immersion. I've already clocked 30 hours on it and I've barely scratched the surface, so much cool stuff you can do. Best thing is it's such an open world with so many possibilities that you could play the game through 3 times and have different experiences each time.

Currently rocking a high elf mage, I've just completed the mage-college quest line, am now the college arch-mage. Got some sweet gear out of it :D

And yeah, get it for PC if you can, DA is spot on.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
One of the big things that is surprisingly for me personally is travel. As described the map is a vast open world - but the game is so incredibly detailed and my choices so unlimited that I really don't mind walking to places rather than fast travelling. I find myself wanting to do the trip myself to see what I stumble upon.

Might find an interesting cave with cool stuff in, or a dragon might randomly fly down and I'll be forced to engage it.

Particularly cool was yesterday when I was hovering around a giant (The guys who seem to look after the mammoths in the game) and a dragon came down - Both the giant and I took down the dragon and I then had to kill the giant who focussed its efforts on me. Love it ^^

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I dislike this thread as its becoming increasingly difficult to stop myself buying this game every time i read about it!!!! :p

Depending on how productive my day is i may have to pop out and pick it up later :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Re-rolling with an orc dual wielding mother flucker.

My wood elf:

100 pickpocketing, 80 lockpicking, 93 archery, 60 sneak, 70 light armour, 80k gold, 120k in stolen items, leader of thiefs guild, a nightingale etc etc.

Thing with using archery is that you never get any of these beats cut scenes hence making this new character :D

A mage in a weeks time

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
So yeah...I cracked and just went out and bought it :p

Will be playing all night so I'll let you know my thoughts...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
yes. Graphics are a little worse, less moddability, less settings to change etc, as is perfectly normal for a console version of a PC game ;) (Think CIV versus Civ Revolutions)

But the game itself is sound, lots of fun, and totally worth it. If you have a PC that can play it though, you're probably better off doing it, but you won't miss out on anything really playing on Console!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think they may have created the most addicting game ever and saying things like that around here means somethin!!! ;)