• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
I do use IRC, but a lot of people don't! And trying to reach someone through account mail is bloody difficult, it hardly ever gets checked. I know it has to have downsides, but exactly how much help can you be with pure mail functionality and nothing else? In my particular case it's to reach my ally to let them know why I hit sleep with no notice. Not sure how that is going to give anyone a competitive advantage over anyone else... By all means prove me wrong!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I do use IRC, but a lot of people don't! And trying to reach someone through account mail is bloody difficult, it hardly ever gets checked. I know it has to have downsides, but exactly how much help can you be with pure mail functionality and nothing else? In my particular case it's to reach my ally to let them know why I hit sleep with no notice. Not sure how that is going to give anyone a competitive advantage over anyone else... By all means prove me wrong!

You could always explain in pols, and tell them to mail you in A-Mail. It works just the same as ingame mail, but for an account. There's no need for ingame mail to be activated. If you hit sleep, you deserve no access to your account. Pretty damn simple.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
might as well just ask for a 'shield' period. i want access to my account, but i don't want people to hit me!

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer

You could always explain in pols, and tell them to mail you in A-Mail. It works just the same as ingame mail, but for an account. There's no need for ingame mail to be activated. If you hit sleep, you deserve no access to your account. Pretty damn simple.

Oh Alci, I cannot agree with you more.

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener

You mean to let them know you hit 72 hours by accident? =P
I understand the gripe here, not everyone has their profile as visible so you might not have the account mail you want to send to.
And Alci some people don't post they're going into sleep in pols for fear of spies within the alliance.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
the phrase that comes into play here is 'deal with it' - there are any number of methods in and out of the game that can be used. and by mid round such as it is... if you don't have at least the leadership you can trust to set up some form of communication with... then why be in an alliance.

this is devolving into that old conversation that everyone just needs to give azzer a fiver for their personalized 'you win' button.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
the phrase that comes into play here is 'deal with it' - there are any number of methods in and out of the game that can be used. and by mid round such as it is... if you don't have at least the leadership you can trust to set up some form of communication with... then why be in an alliance.

this is devolving into that old conversation that everyone just needs to give azzer a fiver for their personalized 'you win' button.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I was also thinking that we could increase the early developments times'. It would give more value to some lesser used units.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I understand the gripe here, not everyone has their profile as visible so you might not have the account mail you want to send to.
And Alci some people don't post they're going into sleep in pols for fear of spies within the alliance.

I think the lesson here, is don't use sleepmode :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer

I think the lesson here, is don't use sleepmode :p

Ofc it is Alci.

But srs, why use sleep-mode within an alliance? Surely you join an alliance is to get defence from 19 other members when you need it? The people who'd I agree with to go sleep-mode within an alliance is a stupidly high-scored member who'd get raped by rank 1. But even then, it you get too high, thats your fault.

Sleep mode in an alliance is awful.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Hi All

I may as well have my two cents worth in this as well. My suggestions/issues are:
- Something to fix the multi's problem.
- Something to fix land trains. This imo is the biggest killer of players this game faces.
- Round length I agree could be shorter. I like the idea of a drop in p-unit price based on round length. Could implement a first past the post system whereby Rank 1 Alliance passes a certain score the game resets.
- Would love Azzer to bring online the routes he has sitting in limbo.
- Everything else leave as is please with the exception of a few unit balances. There are for more experienced people then me who could offer opinions on which ones although suggest giving the task of that to a committee of say 3-4 people. Max, CF, any others?

Cheers

Coruba