• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

Elevnos

BANNED
Fix insurance carrying over when a private world is restarted, I assume this happens for injured troops too?

Sekishi

Pruner
Havent played in ages what so ever. But here are a very short list of suggestions thats very quick to do, very easy to do, that will bring in some more life.

1: Increase Starting Acres, Amount of Gardeners, Harvestors etc. Make all already planted, with some tractors and combines to handle all the planting. Increase starting Funds also. To what amounts ? I would suggest 250 Acres instead of the standard 5, make adjustments from there. this will give the start of the round more of a kick. As you can go attacking right away.

2: Make alliance Sizes 8. 8 is a difficult number to deffend with, difficult to bash an alliance with, and difficult to maintain a good stabil coverage. This will give a challenge to the upper alliances and you might get more then 1 group capable of getting a win.

3: Halv All devolopment costs and time by 50%. And decrease the round limit to 1 month.

Not going to spend to much time to explain why. But if you really want to know. Dig up some old suggestions of mine, they should all be still pretty valid except for scale. GL hope you get some good things going.

Elevnos

BANNED
Havent played in ages what so ever. But here are a very short list of suggestions thats very quick to do, very easy to do, that will bring in some more life.

1: Increase Starting Acres, Amount of Gardeners, Harvestors etc. Make all already planted, with some tractors and combines to handle all the planting. Increase starting Funds also. To what amounts ? I would suggest 250 Acres instead of the standard 5, make adjustments from there. this will give the start of the round more of a kick. As you can go attacking right away.

2: Make alliance Sizes 8. 8 is a difficult number to deffend with, difficult to bash an alliance with, and difficult to maintain a good stabil coverage. This will give a challenge to the upper alliances and you might get more then 1 group capable of getting a win.

3: Halv All devolopment costs and time by 50%. And decrease the round limit to 1 month.

Not going to spend to much time to explain why. But if you really want to know. Dig up some old suggestions of mine, they should all be still pretty valid except for scale. GL hope you get some good things going.

Okay, so:

1. The start of the round is the most fun bit for a lot of people, managing to build up straight away, getting armies to steal land at the right time whilst balancing that with their developments. It could certainly take a lot away from the game imo.

2. That's a strange number to pick :p the whole point in an alliance, though, is that you can go there and feel somewhat safe with a fun group of players. This way, you'd log on and often be the only one on, so nobody to talk to, and you'd most likely be dead if you're not contactable (which you shouldn't need to be). Anything between 15 and 20 is good I think. Any less and everybody plays solo...

3. I don't know about this, I personally wouldn't agree because I like the long rounds, they give everything a chance to develop properly! Also, what about troop costs? Land costs? Tick rate? Etc...

Chris'o

Harvester
Increased starting acres and troops would be nice, should also make it easier for newbies.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Right - I've got some free time from Uni over this week/next so I'll try my best to get on top of these ideas asap.

Tbqh I'm far from the best choice to spearhead the collection of even these minor changes as I'm really busy at the mo - But I'm keen to help jazz things up and will do my best to get Azzer on board.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
One that I remembered last night:

You should get white wizards before white knights.

The max numbers should be swapped so you can have 3m wizards and 1.5m knights.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Seriously we need to deal with mulitis.

Azzer needs to give ability to ban players to the official helpers. And two or more helpers need to apply for ban before it takes effect. So no one person makes a mistake or abuses power.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
from the sounds of DAs original post, the only changes Azzer was prepared to do was change a few numbers.

But good luck with it anyway.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
One that I remembered last night:

You should get white wizards before white knights.

The max numbers should be swapped so you can have 3m wizards and 1.5m knights.

I have had it shown to me in graphic detail this round why it's better off having them this way round. They're a saving grace if you're being inced by a much larger ally during flak wars. They gve you a way of fighting back once you've lost a huge amount of land, a "plug" if you will.

I'd agree with swapping the capped numbers though.