• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
def not max. and what routes sitting in limbo that you speak? people have suggested routes, but that's it. i wish i knew where you got your info.

people have given their opinions. just read the pages and pages, but no - changes should not be decided by 3 or 4 players. it should be done by azzer. no matter what we suggest - he's going to implement it the way he sees it.

Coruba

Head Gardener
Thanks Garrett for your informative post.

When we have people like you here why should we encourage anyone to play.

If you want to know where I get my info from I suggest talking to people instead of trashing them then you might actually know a few facts rather then the dribble you post that we all have to put up with.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
i asked where you got your info because random people can say anything. it doesn't make it true. you put forth names and said people should comment on it. i didn't attack you. your response is uncalled for and extremely unhelpful. take a look in the mirror if you want to know what's wrong around here.

Last edited:

Coruba

Head Gardener
I do not know what the routes are, all I am reliably informed are they exist but not switched on.

As for reading the pages and pages - I did read the entire post. I am also aware that Azzer will be changing the things which require the minimum amount of effort which counts out a good portion of what has been suggested.

Nickk

Harvester
I do not know what the routes are, all I am reliably informed are they exist but not switched on.

As for reading the pages and pages - I did read the entire post. I am also aware that Azzer will be changing the things which require the minimum amount of effort which counts out a good portion of what has been suggested.

you mentioned it yourself "minimum amount of effort" which is why even if these new routes in limbo existed, Azzer would not implement them.

I think it was toast who said this earlier, but at the moment it is all good everyone making suggestions but i would take this thread as a pinch of salt. Unless Azzer posts here just to confirm that he is going to make changes (albeit minor) I am afraid this will be heard by deaf ears.

edd

Tree Surgeon
with a pinch of salt* ?

@Garrett, I think Magpie once said that when he had a peek at the code (I'm not entirely sure what one could see looking at code but I guess he knew what he was reading) there were something like 13 units not in use. I'm sure that number includes EMP-Warrior/Cyborg Soldier and there are probably some units that i've never even heard of before that have been removed from the game.

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I think it was toast who said this earlier, but at the moment it is all good everyone making suggestions but i would take this thread as a pinch of salt. Unless Azzer posts here just to confirm that he is going to make changes (albeit minor) I am afraid this will be heard by deaf ears.

This is from a private conversation but I'm sure Azzer won't mind me sharing it:

Azzer said:
April 2013

I'd be willing to put in some small coding changes, balance tweaks, stuff that isn't changing entire mechanics (and stuff that is actually already "planned out" - ie not a suggestion like "some way to stop score-queening" without any actual specifics of what to code :p) - maybe a few days/week's coding work to spread out over Summer.

As is clear from what Azzer is said I can't take a list of half-baked suggestions that haven't been agreed upon. I'm still working on a way to reach a sense of unanimity - or as close to that as can be achieved. As mentioned I've got a lot on IRL at the moment and could use someone to help me move this whole thing forward. Need to look at pinning someone down to help me come up with a plan for taking forward a solid list of changes.

Nickk

Harvester
In which case, after your post DA, i take my comments back.

-you may delete my post if you wish

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
with a pinch of salt* ?

@Garrett, I think Magpie once said that when he had a peek at the code (I'm not entirely sure what one could see looking at code but I guess he knew what he was reading) there were something like 13 units not in use. I'm sure that number includes EMP-Warrior/Cyborg Soldier and there are probably some units that i've never even heard of before that have been removed from the game.

well a) can't believe magpie b) units that have been discontinued are far from full routes in limbo

to which i change - discontinued units shouldn't be brought back as there is no current place and so no that part of the suggestion shouldn't be done. also, that means there are no (full) routes to pull or put anywhere. which sticks to my original post.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
with a pinch of salt* ?

well a) can't believe magpie b) units that have been discontinued are far from full routes in limbo

to which i change - discontinued units shouldn't be brought back as there is no current place and so no that part of the suggestion shouldn't be done. also, that means there are no (full) routes to pull or put anywhere. which sticks to my original post.

This. Magpie was blatantly full of ****.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Fix the:

Total score damage had done to: 3,329,060,064 220

on the stats page. Where's my damn £?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Fix the:

Total score damage had done to: 3,329,060,064 220

on the stats page. Where's my damn £?

When has the score ever been in £'s? :p
If anything the £ sign needs to be removed from Total score damage done to enemies: £15,044,445,478

Score: 8,033,082,554 [45] NO £ SIGN! :p

Cal v2

Planter
something like 13 units not in use. I'm sure that number includes EMP-Warrior/Cyborg Soldier and there are probably some units that i've never even heard of before that have been removed from the game.

Bunker Busters! God that was a drastic move......

edd

Tree Surgeon
There is a rather large difference between the honour and fame you receive defending when offline and online. Should there be a difference just because in one situation the person has chosen not to run and in the other the person has had no choice in the matter?

I'd be interested to know his reasoning behind the disparity.

I'm gonna retract this question. There is a difference but it's not as big as i first thought, u just tend to lose BR's when you are offline and being attacked.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I don't know squat about coding so don't know if this would take a lot or a little but would be a nice little feature that I can't see drawing any complaints..
The ability to add mob notes to outgoing screen

Max

Garden Designer
The ability to add mob notes to outgoing screen

I don't really see it being of much importance or any use if I'm honest?

I would love to have mob notes on outgoings!

I could very quickly write down which outgoings were real and which were fake.

I could mark down certain outgoings for recalls.

I could write "free land on this solo!" and people could jump in without checking pols.

Would be fab!