• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You guys really think Azzer would reduce the price of credits/p-units? They are the only reason why we are still able to play this game (why its still online) and im sure there are still quite some people who buy them so i doubt that will happen!

He may if we shorten the round length to offset the difference.

If the round length is shortened without a reduction in price he'd have an increase in profit over the space of a year.

A reduction in price would offset this to maintain the status quo. (Though, albeit, the current way game-cash works would be a different matter to consider. I suspect his income from game-cash has reduced at a far greater rate than from blue-print purchases though. Some clever changes to game-cash over a shorter round might actually help increase profits towards the end of the round). ((Not to get too sucked into profits/loss and the business side of things - But some consideration, you're right, is needed))

---

Also, regarding alliance member limits:

There seems to be a great deal of agreement that the number should come down from 20. People seem to be either saying 10 or 15.

I personally think something like 12. No reason to get caught up on 10 or a midpoint between 10 and 20?

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Personally, I argree with everything Dimitar said, also:

- I think land training needs to be looked at. Maybe half the land grab for each successive tick until, say 5 ticks have passed between attacks?

- 1 PNAP sounds lovely

- CDs and Nutters to recieve some purpose changes, not sure what but make them more useful! Maybe CD as a cheap (comparatively to rest of route) flak unit? And Nutter lower Init and higher AD - make tem a real close tick hooly, not some poor imitation!

- 15 man allys sounds about right to me, as at 20 atm you tend to have around 5 that don't log on as much unless your team is ultra-motivated/FTW

In addition - Reward for round win, allied and solo? Maybe something small like ID booking - not sure who/how many still uses this service, could be a nice gentle way of encouraging/rewarding winners.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
People should be allowed to protect themselves in some form as solo.

It's called activity, pnaps and competent route choice.

There is always someone who can attack you regardless of route choice, how can you pick a route based on what's around you in 2 weeks after start?
Sleep for solos should be kept, but removed for allies

Yes, there is always someone who can attack you regardless of route choice. That's why I also listed activity and pnaps. With a canny use of all three of these it is possible for a solo to do well without sleep mode.

If you think 24/7 invulnerability is a great idea then we are never going to agree on this. I just happen to think that if a solo wants to stay alive they should have to work for it rather than have it given to them on a plate.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

There is always someone who can attack you regardless of route choice, how can you pick a route based on what's around you in 2 weeks after start?

Yes, there is always someone who can attack you regardless of route choice. That's why I also listed activity and pnaps. With a canny use of all three of these it is possible for a solo to do well without sleep mode.

If you think 24/7 invulnerability is a great idea then we are never going to agree on this. I just happen to think that if a solo wants to stay alive they should have to work for it rather than have it given to them on a plate.

Toby is naturally right. Hamilton is (naturally) wrong.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Solos need more benefits.How often do you regularly see them in top 10.Should be just as fair for people who enjoy solo.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon

Disregarding Alci's flame post, I understand what you're saying and that is why there is typically two sides to every story. IMO, everybody is suggesting taking all these things away from solo's which is just making it almost impossible to stay alive and work for a worthwhile round without being 24/7 active.

1 PNAP with no sleep mode? Harsh.
I still think removing sleep mode for allied players is alot fairer, just not taking the **** too much on solo's.

Proteccao

Digger

What you just said is everything that's wrong with the game. Highest level of scorequeening. People need to understand that getting attacked is a part of the game, it is not something you want to avoid. You want to have plenty of targets and send out attacks constantly, but you also want to be able to prevent any attacks. Why should others be vulnerable (to your attacks), but not you? Are you special? <insert joke about other meanings of "special">

Now your counter argument is probably that you don't mind incomings, as long as you're online, so you can send out and only lose acres. But that has the exact same problem. You want to attack people to kill/distract/whatever their troops to get bounty, honour and fame, eff and such.

So basically if everyone felt the need to protect themselves even while offline, we may as well all mass CGs and flak each other all round long.

PS: Not having a personal hit at you, just expressing opinion.
PPS: LOL DONT KNOW MY OTHER ACCOUNT'S PASSWORD

You last visited: 27-12-2008 at 01:58 PM \o/

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon

What you just said is everything that's wrong with the game. Highest level of scorequeening. People need to understand that getting attacked is a part of the game, it is not something you want to avoid. You want to have plenty of targets and send out attacks constantly, but you also want to be able to prevent any attacks. Why should others be vulnerable (to your attacks), but not you? Are you special? <insert joke about other meanings of "special">

Now your counter argument is probably that you don't mind incomings, as long as you're online, so you can send out and only lose acres. But that has the exact same problem. You want to attack people to kill/distract/whatever their troops to get bounty, honour and fame, eff and such.

So basically if everyone felt the need to protect themselves even while offline, we may as well all mass CGs and flak each other all round long.

PS: Not having a personal hit at you, just expressing opinion.
PPS: LOL DONT KNOW MY OTHER ACCOUNT'S PASSWORD

You last visited: 27-12-2008 at 01:58 PM \o/

I like opinions :)

Alliances have the option to be contactable which 90%+ are these days more so in the top 5. So if you're allied and contactable, why should solo's have their only option of safety be removed? I'm not saying it means they can scorequeen because from what I've seen, solo's don't necessarily hit sleepmode anyway, but should an ally member be away for 8 hours then he/she can rely on their 19 other members to get them on, whereas solo, they have nothing but sleep. As if being solo wasn't hard enough right now bar the exception of those RIDICULOUSLY active right now (Vamp in top 15).

Am I the only one who thinks sleep for solo's and no sleep for allies? :'(

Are there other ways to in someway conclude this?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Alliances have the option to be contactable which 90%+ are these days more so in the top 5. So if you're allied and contactable, why should solo's have their only option of safety be removed?

I'm sorry...you don't see activity, AR, pnaps and contactability as options for solos?

Sleep mode is NOT the only option. It is simply the EASY option. Get a grip.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Alliances have the option to be contactable which 90%+ are these days more so in the top 5. So if you're allied and contactable, why should solo's have their only option of safety be removed?

I'm sorry...you don't see activity, AR, pnaps and contactability as options for solos?

Lol....get a grip. Calm down babycakes.

Anyway, contactability is the EASY option for those allied, maybe too easy yet they get the option. It's a rare use in the circumstances where it is needed, but how about getting rid of sleepmode above 8 hours? I mean 3 days, 1 and 2 week sleep is the joker.

Put that in discussion instead

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator

Anyway, contactability is the EASY option for those allied, maybe too easy yet they get the option. It's a rare use in the circumstances where it is needed, but how about getting rid of sleepmode above 8 hours? I mean 3 days, 1 and 2 week sleep is the joker.

Plz no! I wanna hit sleep for two weeks :(.

LS_

Pruner
Changes

Changes

18 man alliances
60 day rounds (cheaper p-unit)
1 NAP
No sleep mode
Remove h/f
Remove adren rush
More bots
Open techs, 13 devs.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

In what way is contactability the easy option? To think that the easy thing to do is text/prank your ally mates while they're sleeping every night so they don't die in a game... Contactability might not take skill, but it does take a stupid amount of commitment for a game.

Do you not think the option of 100% guaranteed lack of any incoming, ie. sleep mode, is easier than that?

Sleep mode over 8 hours is not the problem. How many people does it really affect? If you sleep mode for a week it is clear that you aren't playing. You won't die, but you won't earn any money either. Everyone around you will pass you by.

8 hours is far too practical for someone who can be on during the day but fancies a nice 8 hour sleep every night without any worry of dying, and they can then play again the next day, and so on. It is basically 100% security with no real drawbacks.

The ease with which you can play as a solo with sleep mode is utterly ridiculous. If I wanted an easy round I'd go solo with sleep mode, not allied and contactable.

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
Just agreeimg with a few other points.

Yes to lowering round length. 45 - 60 days is long enough
Yes to lowering alliance members. 15/16 should be fine
Definitely yes to someone being able to deal with multis!
I don't think 8 hour sleep should be removed. But maybe put something into place where you can't use it every night. say you get to use it once in 72 hours or something along those lines?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Looking at the format of responses I think I may have made a mistake making suggestions for discussion.

Don't limit your ideas to alliance member size, round length ETC - These are just a few of the more straightforward things that can be changed quite easily.

Other ideas are welcome!

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
people have made suggestions about routes, units, and a host of multiple other things. similarly - most changes need to be minor tweaks as you said. also, they are discussing suggestions that are most important to them in the current state of the game.