OldFarts have gone to Bed.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
This whole thread = TLDR

However, I feel the following should be said. There is often no distinction in the eyes of the masses and even the eyes of the law between wrongdoing and the appearance of wrongdoing. Given the past of JJ and Twigs, everyone and their mom thinks that there two allies are SNAPed. Even if they aren't, if they don't attack each other, the lack of warring is going to be used as evidence of a SNAP, based on past history. So JJ and Twigley, whether you're doing anything wrong or not, it might well be in your best interests to make this war happen, lest the lynch mob come for you. You may need to prove that you aren't SNAPed, even if you really aren't.

Lordie

Planter
Heh. Well I wasn't aware of sleep mode until it happened (a result of a phone on silent and being drugged up on cold and flu tablets. :p)

I don't have much left, but to be frank, I don't give a damn. Hehe. This sums up Old Farts round. If we are doing well, we think it's because of the new pills we're on. If we crumble, we just step up the oxygen in-take and feel jolly.

We're not score hungry, we're merely roast dinner hungry. :)

'Viva 'la sleepmode.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Ok, I don't know what QQ or TLDR is.

Btw, thanks for the kills Lordie <3

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Turnip said:
WE ARE LAZY. WE FULLY ADMIT TO IT! That is why we are in sleep mode.

Polo said:
WE ARE LAZY. WE FULLY ADMIT THAT WE CAN'T BE ARSED TO ATTACK ENMITY (for any morons out there, read: we are powerblocking).

QFT.

People need to stop confusing alliances not attacking each other (yet?) with a powerblock. There are about half a dozen criteria for two or more alliances to meet before their actions can be likened to that of a powerblock (eg formal sNaps, retalling for each other, regularly attacking together, etc).

-

Old Fart said:
you are right i am not in either S2N or Enmity. So i don't know if they are snapped. What i do know is that they were co-ordinated attacks between the to alliances on us, the net result if they did not change tactics would have been a 2v1 til end of round - possible heavier landrape zeroing in the last week, so the two alliances would not have to fight.

This is a complete fabrication, and just an excuse for you guys to hit sleep. Most OF members posting on this thread appear convinced S2N and Enmity are sNapped and out to get them.

Old Fart said:
Either Azzer will step in or he won't

Step in because what? Enmity and S2N havent chosen to war each other yet? Thats absurd. One of the main reasons admin intervention was created after last round was because TBA was having a massively detrimental impact on gameplay for an unacceptable percentage of the playerbase. Even *IF* S2N and Enmity were blocking, sNapped, and whatever else, this impact is none-existant. We aren't though, and OFs paranoia here, with no actual evidence to suggest S2N and Enmity are working together - has made OF look very, very small.

I remind you, and indeed everyone else, that possibly the most important consideration in determining what is a "powerblock" is not whether two or more alliances are sNapped, or attacking together on a regular basis, but whether when all other competition is removed these colluding alliances break all ties and attack each other.

Again, S2N and Enmity aren't powerblocking - not by any sensible definition of the word. But even if they were working together at this stage, that isn't to say they're a powerblock because they arent refusing to war despite there being no realistic competition from other alliances. (As much as OF would like everyone to believe them hitting sleep removes them as competition, it doesnt, IMO).

Old Fart said:
FTF plays for fun & friendship

Key word there friend, "play" - fairly sure you can't play while in sleep. No FTF alliance would hit sleep. FtF isnt about score, its about fun and friendship, as you've pointed out. All of you hitting sleep is a decision based on saving score. And that mate, is FTW.

Podunk

Head Gardener
-snip-

Old Fart said:

Key word there friend, "play" - fairly sure you can't play while in sleep. No FTF alliance would hit sleep. FtF isnt about score, its about fun and friendship, as you've pointed out. All of you hitting sleep is a decision based on saving score. And that mate, is FTW.

I would just like to point out DA that your logic for this is quite flawed.
Defending nonstop large-scale incs isn't fun (unless the attackers actually stay when proper defense is sent). Tbh if I wasn't in a serious alliance I would consider hitting sleep too if I didn't want to wake up or have a break from the game.

And now yes I'm sure I'll hear "well incoming is a part of the game", yes that's true but so is sleepmode. You should be able to step away from a game if you want to.

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
We didn't give you mass inc, Podunk, I'm an active member of Enmity - I've not seen us send more than 4-5 assaults on OF over the past week.

In fact I'd go as far as to say you've massed us more than we've "massed" you.

aGit

Harvester
This whole thread = TLDR

However, I feel the following should be said. There is often no distinction in the eyes of the masses and even the eyes of the law between wrongdoing and the appearance of wrongdoing. Given the past of JJ and Twigs, everyone and their mom thinks that there two allies are SNAPed. Even if they aren't, if they don't attack each other, the lack of warring is going to be used as evidence of a SNAP, based on past history. So JJ and Twigley, whether you're doing anything wrong or not, it might well be in your best interests to make this war happen, lest the lynch mob come for you. You may need to prove that you aren't SNAPed, even if you really aren't.

qft

aGit

Harvester
We didn't give you mass inc, Podunk, I'm an active member of Enmity - I've not seen us send more than 4-5 assaults on OF over the past week.

yet, people are wondering why OF doesnt or hasnt warred with enm....

christ how much bs you can fit into one single thread.

aGit

Harvester

but you HAVE seen attacks on OF, and are saying that OF still have massed you guys more? yet, people are wondering (blaming) why OF doesnt or hasnt warred with enm....

christ how much bs you can fit into one single thread.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I can't be bothered with this. May as well tell you why we hit sleep...(The main reason)

The main reason we hit sleep and this is the God's honest truth - (Don't call me a liar its not true)

We hit sleep mode, because we had a "holiday" thread in pols and people were writing about when they were away or too busy to play with work.

We added up 7 players over a period who werent going to be contactable or active...So when you have 13 members in an alliance that isnt *that* contactable nor active it makes it even harder.

So with Enmity and S2N breathing down our necks...or the threat of this, we did the most sensible thing to us! Also the fact that maybe it would flame a War and that would be even better!

This is the MAIN reason we hit sleep and don't call it bs, because im not gonna keep posting it over and over.

We hit sleep mode, so what? Let's us do what we want and you guys do what you want!
Let the ingame play do the talking yea?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Let the ingame play do the talking yea?

Thats the second time I've heard an OF member refer to "Play" despite the fact they're in sleep. You can't play the game in sleep IoF :p

-

Fair enough on the Holiday reason, if someone said that like 5 pages back we'd have all saved a fair bit of time :p

Shadow

Harvester
Turnip said:
WE ARE LAZY. WE FULLY ADMIT TO IT! That is why we are in sleep mode.

Polo said:
WE ARE LAZY. WE FULLY ADMIT THAT WE CAN'T BE ARSED TO ATTACK ENMITY (for any morons out there, read: we are powerblocking).

QFT.

People need to stop confusing alliances not attacking each other (yet?) with a powerblock. There are about half a dozen criteria for two or more alliances to meet before their actions can be likened to that of a powerblock (eg formal sNaps, retalling for each other, regularly attacking together, etc).

-

Old Fart said:
you are right i am not in either S2N or Enmity. So i don't know if they are snapped. What i do know is that they were co-ordinated attacks between the to alliances on us, the net result if they did not change tactics would have been a 2v1 til end of round - possible heavier landrape zeroing in the last week, so the two alliances would not have to fight.

This is a complete fabrication, and just an excuse for you guys to hit sleep. Most OF members posting on this thread appear convinced S2N and Enmity are sNapped and out to get them.

Old Fart said:
Either Azzer will step in or he won't

Step in because what? Enmity and S2N havent chosen to war each other yet? Thats absurd. One of the main reasons admin intervention was created after last round was because TBA was having a massively detrimental impact on gameplay for an unacceptable percentage of the playerbase. Even *IF* S2N and Enmity were blocking, sNapped, and whatever else, this impact is none-existant. We aren't though, and OFs paranoia here, with no actual evidence to suggest S2N and Enmity are working together - has made OF look very, very small.

I remind you, and indeed everyone else, that possibly the most important consideration in determining what is a "powerblock" is not whether two or more alliances are sNapped, or attacking together on a regular basis, but whether when all other competition is removed these colluding alliances break all ties and attack each other.

Again, S2N and Enmity aren't powerblocking - not by any sensible definition of the word. But even if they were working together at this stage, that isn't to say they're a powerblock because they arent refusing to war despite there being no realistic competition from other alliances. (As much as OF would like everyone to believe them hitting sleep removes them as competition, it doesnt, IMO).

Old Fart said:

Full of **** as always DA, well done :p

so your saying that powerblocking allies retal and do attack with each other? like S2N and Enmity have been doign all round :eek: ****...

OFC we think your out to get us, we started attacking S2N mid roudn and got loads of retals from Enmity memebrs, 1 of which got called online to save S2N from our hits lol.

no actual evidence? except the fact you guys retal for each other when we hit either 1 of the allies? i can understand the whole concept of free land which was the BS excuse Enmity used at mid roudn when they retalled for S2N but surely it is easyier to join the waves on an alliance which has all its troops out defending than to launch on the attackign allie which still has over half its LET home, which if i rememebr rightly 1 Enmity memebr and about 6-7 S2N memebrs lost like 3/4's of there LET's when you did your retals for each other mid round.

no you aint a powerblock for refusing to war silly billy..your a powerblock because you refuse to do anything against each other and have held hands all ****ign round...

and Wots fun in not being able ot attack an allie cause the sister allie(sadly twigley im goign to call you the sister allie ;)) will retal you every time you do. silly nooby DA...

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Again, quit referring to the resistance as 'working together' and using it as an excuse to make us look like we are power blocking.

It's an utterly unfair point that doesn't make sense *AT ALL*

Cheers.

Shadow

Harvester
Again, quit referring to the resistance as 'working together' and using it as an excuse to make us look like we are power blocking.

It's an utterly unfair point that doesn't make sense *AT ALL*

Cheers.

OMG you mean person...i just pointed my bullshit detector at this post and it blew up :eek: how mean of you...

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Cheers for making a post full of facts to disprove a fact.

Good input sir.