OldFarts have gone to Bed.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Thoughts on this?

I know mine. Why?

The only thing I can come up with is that they're hoping S2N and Enmity war it out while they're in sleep. That'd be a pretty lame reason - if that is the case.

Nickk

Harvester
Thoughts on this?

I know mine. Why?

The only thing I can come up with is that they're hoping S2N and Enmity war it out while they're in sleep. That'd be a pretty lame reason - if that is the case.

Lol is it because you know you aint gonna war? jokes
But seriously i think Old Farts have hit the spot tatically.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

If that is the reason it wont work. You guys will just wait until they come out of sleep...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Thoughts on this?

I know mine. Why?

I can't comment on this issue specifically - however if I led Enmity or S2N I'd contact the other leader and arrange a sNap just to spite OF. If that IS OF's reasoning for hitting sleep, we're speculating at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Just why would you start an unnecessary argument DA. :|

State what you think. And just leave it, no need to flame others who haven't even posted in the thread. Think thats a bit unfair and harsh.

But back on topic.

I think maybe laziness could of kicked in? :p

But seriously, I do think its because they'd rather have S2N vs Enmity and take on the winner. Or something to that effect. But do not rule out the laziness factors. Old Farts always get others to do the dirty work! (I.e. Get others to wipe their asses, feed em, etc.) :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
So much for em not caring this round o_O

Edit: DA, Melni left Enmity?

Old Fart

Planter
Oh Dear - It appears we've been beaten to the punch by DA.

Enmity and S2N are snapped.
They will use any excuse to remain so.
My advice to all players in there range, take a short holiday in protest.
Hit sleep, put your feet up, shag your girlfriend/boyfriend, enjoy some sun, and send the message to the creator of this game; He must step in, and deal with Twigley and JJ and how there alliances chose to behave these last 2 rounds (if not longer).

We in OF are....

Actually we are playing Travian.
(much more laid back game)
Sever 9
Direction NW
Mail Judas81 for alliance details.
I know random plug, but we are having a blast - Azzer have you played? DS is right - alot of great ideas that could spark thoughts on Bush improvements.

OF will be back shortly, with the expectation that S2N/Enmity will zero and land rape us.

Sleepmode is merely a protest.
Apologises to the two in OF who couldn't get online :(

@Twigley - We Do Care - never claimed we didn't, we just aren't playing for the win but apparently neither are you so it's all good, all the time.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
DA said:
...however if I led Enmity or S2N I'd contact the other leader and arrange a sNap just to spite OF...

I can understand wanting to spite them in a way BUT

World: Time gone: 56.72 days. Time left: 19.28 days.

There isnt THAT long left, why wait around...if you truly are going to fight it out between yourselves then surely now is a pretty good time. OF cant interfere (not saying they would but they COULD) so you are free to fight it out 1 on 1.

Then OF comes out of sleep and the winner can take them on! Just seems in a round where things havnt actually stagnated at the top it would be a shame to "snap" just in an effort to spite someone.

Hope that makes sense, i had to get up really early this morning so my mind is still fuzzy! ;P
Just my thoughts as an outsider to all the goings on...

Turnip2k

Harvester
This short break is lovely! Things have been a bit hectic recently, so taking a break is definately a good call for such a senile alliance.

It's just about the only way to take time out without feeling guilty :)

Personally, I don't expect the top two to break their little SNAP. I'm just enjoying the guilt free time off in the sun :)

aGit

Harvester
Thoughts on this?

I know mine. Why?

if that is the real reason, how can you possibly call it lame? even you should see the brilliance behind it! as far as tactics go, it'd beat the living daylights out of snaping your way to the top.

or would you have prefered they just laid down their arms and fed you some more land? christ...now go and bash s2n!

Shadow

Harvester
yeah Melnibone left OF's about a week ago althou im sure he will appear at some point to comment on DA being a retard or something :p

sleepmode is fun :D i get to go out and not get called online to stop a Enmity and S2N bash/LET rush which is quite nice :D

Shadow

Harvester
Thoughts on this?

I know mine. Why?

I can't comment on this issue specifically - however if I led Enmity or S2N I'd contact the other leader and arrange a sNap just to spite OF. If that IS OF's reasoning for hitting sleep, we're speculating at this stage.

No doubt Melni will come on post something obscure/vague and say something like: "I don't respect you, so I'm not going to tell you."

you say that as if Enmity and S2N dont already have a Snap going on.

sorry for double post never noticed wot he wrote as i just wrote it off as the usual DarkAngel BS :s

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
DA you have made yourself look rather stupid here! As the pair of you have claimed your not in a snap situation be interesting to how it plays out!

You guys may actually have to have a hard war now a FTW vs a FTW. Not bullying us FTF alliances.

As people have said above...tactics were brilliant in my opinion, we cant interfere with your war. It's 1v1 or im sure Azzer may step in as he promised.

00:01:34: IoF : I honestly bet you don't attack Twigley!
00:01:47: JJ : How much BC? :p
00:01:53: IoF : 5
00:02:13: JJ : Okay, you're on :p
00:02:23: IoF : We'll see
00:02:34: JJ : Btw, might wanna check your HQ :p

(Before anyone says it, yes the names were added in as it didnt copy right, but yes its a real convo)

Let's see some war while us oldies take a long nap! :D

Conversation between me and JJ. Hopefully this can help light some fires :D

Khris

Pruner
lol... s2ns name cracks me up...

it should have been "second to one"

but anywayze. Sorry to ruin everyones round. we are too old and tired. We will let the kids FIGHT it out.... lol... isnt that a joke.

happy 4th of july... wooo... see you monday

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
DA you, as a forum mod, should be ashamed of posting such a deliberately trolling thread that is borderline on sparking another unnecessary flame war.

On topic: I think hitting sleepmode was a good, if boring, idea to try to force a battle between S2N and Enmity. Not necessarily something I would have chosen to do but it's definitely one way to try to force some action.

DA: Appalling that you would SNAP in spite of that action, that's a pretty crappy way to play the game. Then you simply feed ammunition to those who would accuse S2N and Enmity of SNAPping and further fan the flames of the dislike much of hte playerbase shares against S2N and Enmity. Appalling tactics, appalling idea, crappy playing. Tsk Tsk....

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
DA you, as a forum mod, should be ashamed of posting such a deliberately trolling thread that is borderline on sparking another unnecessary flame war.

On topic: I think hitting sleepmode was a good, if boring, idea to try to force a battle between S2N and Enmity. Not necessarily something I would have chosen to do but it's definitely one way to try to force some action.

DA: Appalling that you would SNAP in spite of that action, that's a pretty crappy way to play the game. Then you simply feed ammunition to those who would accuse S2N and Enmity of SNAPping and further fan the flames of the dislike much of hte playerbase shares against S2N and Enmity. Appalling tactics, appalling idea, crappy playing. Tsk Tsk....

Alci, it's because the 2 alliances do not want to go to war.

But i have a PM with Azzer...Seems things could get interesting from what he tells me. Seems some very interesting ideas could be in put if the 2 don't war :D

I half want them to be in put and them not war haha

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

But i have a PM with Azzer...Seems things could get interesting from what he tells me. Seems some very interesting ideas could be in put if the 2 don't war :D

I wouldn't want to speculate on their opinions, but if they don't want to war they can quite definitely just sit on their acres til round end. One hopes Twigley wouldn't settle for second place; because then we should petition Azzer to change the Enmity alliance name to 'None' since then Twigley's ally would be appropriately named.

If they really don't want to war, this SM idea won't force them into it; however it might reveal their intentions. I would be very disappointed if they don't war, especially after all the hard work RRR put in to make sure the round didn't stagnate it would be very sad to witness the stagnation perpetrated by those others.

If they don't war, i hope they get RMmed and Gov't Land farmers :D

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

I wouldn't want to speculate on their opinions, but if they don't want to war they can quite definitely just sit on their acres til round end. One hopes Twigley wouldn't settle for second place; because then we should petition Azzer to change the Enmity alliance name to 'None' since then Twigley's ally would be appropriately named.

If they really don't want to war, this SM idea won't force them into it; however it might reveal their intentions. I would be very disappointed if they don't war, especially after all the hard work RRR put in to make sure the round didn't stagnate it would be very sad to witness the stagnation perpetrated by those others.

If they don't war, i hope they get RMmed and Gov't Land farmers :D

Oh no Alci...Azzer told me his intentions if they dont war...Much better than that!!

Ill PM you the convo now