OldFarts have gone to Bed.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
On topic: I think hitting sleepmode was a good, if boring, idea to try to force a battle between S2N and Enmity. Not necessarily something I would have chosen to do but it's definitely one way to try to force some action.

So far my only reaction to this is (Im just covering all angles - i have no evidence to any of it im just saying in every sitatuin what my reaction would be):

* OF are doing this just to have a shot at rank 1, as thats all they care about - their score - like i think they have done all round - therefore should i wait and kill OF with Enmity to spite them back as they are trying to do to us.

* OF dont care about rank 1, however have done this then proceeded to call my alliance Second to One etc, thinking this will provoke some reaction when infact it has made me hate OF even more and want to bash them senseless.

* OF have pulled a Fail (The aliance) and all hit sleepmode like pussies. All ive seen is how this is a war game so this must just be out of spite surely? Then proceed to opinion 2.

So that's OF, RRR and Fail that have all hit sleep this round.

Fail got called pussies - when the others did it - it was called a tactic.

* Giggles * :D

-

On a seperate note i find it funny how everyone has to know the intentions of an alliance now and will continue to send me 15-20 pms in IRC asking me.
I do however care about my alliance players who you all seem to have forgot about

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Where's the angle that covers the part where you and Enmity fight it out? In the interests of covering all the angles, let`s put that one on the board, shall we?

I am reserving this spot to address your further concerns in just a moment. Have to do some chores, back soon! Keep watching tthis space!

Well if you were only addressing the angles from OF perhaps it would've been kind to say so, rather than mislead a gullible little Canadian :(

Sleepmode may be a pussy move; but in this case it's quite clever, it forces you to act, or it forces you to get acted upon by certain Admins who don't like to see, what essentially amounts to a powerblock. I'm not saying it is exactly a powerblock, but two alliances rank 1 and 2 who work together is powerblock-ish. An SNAP only further cements that feeling. OF was of the opinion that you were SNAPped, or at least working together, and why should they have any cause to doubt that? You have been working together more often than not all round (not that that's a bad thing, it's simply a statement of fact) and you have also in past rounds worked together hand in glove. This isn't just a one off situation, it's a grand picture taking in the fact that you guys tend to work together to defeat your enemies (kudos) and then recently there hasn't been much evidence of you two taking a war to each other.

I'm not saying there isn't any chance for it to happen, or indeed even that you are planning on being SNAPped, but it would be shameful for you two just to sit there til round end and not war. You are free to choose to do as you like, but be aware that there are consequences for your actions and that when you continue to complain that your reputation is 'hard done by' as powerblockers, and SNAPpers etc, remember there is a basis for this accusation, you guys have done it before, and it's not a hard leap of imagination to figure you'll do it again.

Prove us wrong, don't harass us in forums, prove us wrong in the game :) Show us a war, give us the war we've all been waiting for!

Last edited:

Turnip2k

Harvester
Call it what you want mate - I'm enjoying time off with no strings attached!

Weather or not you guys break your little SNAP is of no concern to me, nor is gaining rank 1. The ally felt like we needed a break, and given the situation of the round right now, this was a pretty good time to have it.

Back to BBQing without fear of getting pranked. RAWR!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Where's the angle that covers the part where you and Enmity fight it out? In the interests of covering all the angles, let`s put that one on the board, shall we?

I am reserving this spot to address your further concerns in just a moment. Have to do some chores, back soon! Keep watching tthis space!

Im covering all angels in response to what OF just did and to the alliance OF ONLY.
They are the ones who have made this pussy move.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
On topic: I think hitting sleepmode was a good, if boring, idea to try to force a battle between S2N and Enmity. Not necessarily something I would have chosen to do but it's definitely one way to try to force some action.

So far my only reaction to this is (Im just covering all angles - i have no evidence to any of it im just saying in every sitatuin what my reaction would be):

* OF are doing this just to have a shot at rank 1, as thats all they care about - their score - like i think they have done all round - therefore should i wait and kill OF with Enmity to spite them back as they are trying to do to us.

* OF dont care about rank 1, however have done this then proceeded to call my alliance Second to One etc, thinking this will provoke some reaction when infact it has made me hate OF even more and want to bash them senseless.

* OF have pulled a Fail (The aliance) and all hit sleepmode like pussies. All ive seen is how this is a war game so this must just be out of spite surely? Then proceed to opinion 2.

So that's OF, RRR and Fail that have all hit sleep this round.

Fail got called pussies - when the others did it - it was called a tactic.

* Giggles * :D

few quick points Twignaab

If we want rank 1, why would we hit sleep?

1. Enmity (who would win the war out of S2N and En) will be much bigger, huge land advantage, troop advantage and be waiting for us...how would that help us get rank 1? We'd be pwned so quickly!!

2. Of course we want to see you 2 alliances war, and that is one of the main reasons why we hit sleep. But there is an evening bigger reason why we hit sleep. To do with us as an alliance. I know a few know it and it'll prob come out in a while i imagine as these things always do. (Dont say im lying, of course i want a S2N war and Enmity war, but there is another bigger reason we hit sleep)

3. If you guys don't war, Azzer has said he will get involved, and i know his plans. So if we do come out of sleep when ever that is and you haven't then you could be in danger, or even the smaller alliances in size could prob do a lot of damage before we even got out!

4. Don't try and do this "to spite OF" we know you dont want to hit Enmity because they are bigger, more land, more troops and would IMHO pwn you guys. You just want to save you special Second to JJ alliance an ass kicking by doing it to "spite us". Just to save face and not be pwned. If JJ doesnt hit you guys (which he promised me 5 BCs he would) then a very fun and open round has been ruined again. And for the second time...you have become JJs *****!

I don't expect you to war, i honestly think you'll bottle it or come up with another plan to just sit till the end. If thats what happens...i'm so glad im quitting.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Im covering all angels in response to what OF just did and to the alliance OF ONLY.
They are the ones who have made this pussy move.

Pussy move of sleep? Pretty sure you've done this before in previous rounds!? (If not my bad but im 80% sure you have)

And what would of happened if we hadn't hit sleep Twigs? You and JJ would have warred? Or held hands and "accidently" raped the **** out of us??

You've got a long wait till you see us again! :D

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
IoF, i just went and warred with Aili.

What have OF and Enmity done?

Nothing.
Why didn't you two have a proper war instead of a bit of rushing that was nothing?

Why didn't you two war while us and Aili warred?
Why hasn't Azzer got involved with that?
Why hasn't Azzer got involved with the fact S2N and OF havn't warred recently apart from a few silly hits?
Why hasn't Azzer got involved with the fact that Discworld is not currently hitting RRR - i see a powerblock there too.
Why did OF never properly war with Aili untill S2N broke em? Where is Azzer there?
Why did Aili only hit Enmity once after OF, then proceed to tell JJ they wont hit them if they help against S2N? Where was Azzer then?

Azzer like other sensible people in this thread, realise there is a difference between a powerblock and timing.

Turnip2k

Harvester
All of your questions about OF can be answered pretty easily.

We weren't active enough.

That is part of the reason we decided to take a break :)

As for other situations, none are as dubious as the s2n / emnity one. Sorry Twigs, but the past WILL come and bite you in the ass.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Nothing.
Why didn't you two have a proper war instead of a bit of rushing that was nothing?

Why hasn't Azzer got involved with the fact S2N and OF havn't warred apart from a few silly hits?
Why hasn't Azzer got involved with the fact that Discworld is not currently hitting RRR - i see a powerblock there too.
Why did OF never properly war with Aili untill S2N broke em? Where is Azzer there?
Why did Aili only hit Enmity once after OF, then proceed to tell JJ they wont hit them if they help against S2N? Where was Azzer then?

Man you just made yourself look very stupid!! - Also funny how you did have any response to lets say...90% of my comments :D

Secondly, En and OF warred for 2 days, yea we had few BRs but we still warred! All round OF has fought with who ever they like and thats the way this alliance runs. Not scared to hit another alliance...Try it some time?

Next you warred with a FTF alliance...Really not that hard a thing to do is it! Feel proud do you? Stealing their bigger members...taking RRRs biggest members...Worried Enm are coming are we? :D Think you'll take some size on board to help you!

Well Azzer spoke to me and told me he would get involved, so dont question me Twignaab.

Also your point about why he would get involve...let me think

1. EULA - Pretty sure its illegal to block the TOP
2. Your close friendship
3. Worked together all round
4. I think you may have worked together in the past? (Not sure on that one)
5. Your refusal to hit them now with your "lets spite OF"
6. The fact we all know you were never going to hit En

Let's see what happens :D

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Nothing.

Why hasn't Azzer got involved with the fact S2N and OF havn't warred recently apart from a few silly hits?

Azzer like other sensible people in this thread, realise there is a difference between a powerblock and timing.

Seriously Twigs, you need to take a little reality check here...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
And this is the exact reason so many top players are quiting this round.
Hyped up jerks like you IOF who are two faced.

One moment it's all happy in PM and the next it's flaming on the forums.

Azzer can do what he likes - already 1 person quit and people are quiting over him trying to get involved earlier in the round.

His game has a community that is a bag of wank anyway so it's not as if you can't expect losers crying when things don't go their way again.

EDIT - AND BECAUSE YOU GUY'S SEE EVERYTHING IN BLACK AND WHITE- THE QUESTIONS WHY OTHER ALLIES DIDNT HIT EACH OTHER WAS A BLOODY JOKE. YEAH IT'S RIDICILOUS ISNT IT? LIKE - LOL AT THOSE POINTS I MADE? IT'S AS FUNNY AS THE ONES YOU ARE MAKING. <- My point. Love how 2 people quoted it, and only reading it in black and white. Maybe bold and caps will help.

Turnip2k

Harvester
You got people riled up because of last round. To do ANYTHING resembling what happened last round is bound to get a large response from the community. You should have expected that. It's just bad judgement to think it would go any other way.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
And this is the exact reason so many top players are quiting this round.
Hyped up jerks like you IOF who are two faced.

One moment it's all happy in PM and the next it's flaming on the forums.

Azzer can do what he likes - already 1 person quit and people are quiting over him trying to get involved earlier in the round.

His game has a community that is a bag of wank anyway so it's not as if you can't expect losers crying when things don't go their way again.

EDIT - AND BECAUSE YOU GUY'S SEE EVERYTHING IN BLACKAND WHITE- THE QUESTIONS WHY OTHER ALLIES DIDNT HIT EACH OTHER WAS A BLOODY JOKE. YEAH IT'S RIDICILOUS ISNT IT? LIKE - LOL AT THOSE POINTS I MADE? IT'S AS FUNNY AS THE ONES YOU ARE MAKING. <- My point. Love how 2 people quoted it, and only reading it in black and white. Maybe bold and caps will help.

Twigs made this clear. As a player i hate you with a passion. Out of game your a nice bloke who i like to chat with. Always said that! I still love you!

But again, funny how you don't reply to any of my comments and points, just call me a hyped us jerk. I get the impression you know im right and your trying your best to divert attention. Oh well.

Let's just see what happens hey!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
DA you, as a forum mod, should be ashamed of posting such a deliberately trolling thread that is borderline on sparking another unnecessary flame war.

DA: Appalling that you would SNAP in spite of that action, that's a pretty crappy way to play the game. Then you simply feed ammunition to those who would accuse S2N and Enmity of SNAPping and further fan the flames of the dislike much of hte playerbase shares against S2N and Enmity. Appalling tactics, appalling idea, crappy playing. Tsk Tsk....

I feel its a crappy way to play the game to take an entire alliance into sleep to take yourself out of the War equation.

I am in Enmity - I can tell everyone, quite honestly, that Enmity are not and have not been snapped with S2N.

I've seen discussions on IRC, and in politics, regarding which alliance to focus our efforts on, or whether to play a defensive game.

I think what a lot of people are confusing here is the fact that Enmity now look to be playing a defensive game. We've not declared War, or for that matter sent anything but randoms on OF/S2N.

OF have concluded that we're snapped with S2N, which we're not, and have thus hit sleep to try and get us to war it out.

JJ/Twigley may decide to war it out, I've no idea, S2N/Enmity may even feel reassured by the fact that OF are out of the equation and that they can fight 1v1, fairly.

I think this is, again, a case of OF being lazy. The "Lets let everyone else War it out so we can sit, grow fat and come out on top because everyone else has died fighting", stance. They've tried a few waves on Enmity - our defensive walls held strong, and to my knowledge we've not lost a single acre to OF during mass-attacks from them. They decided they couldn't break us, and have now hit sleep - because as with the resistance, doing nothing as an alliance suits them best.

Nothing against that, OF, if thats your choice of play thats just how it is. I very much doubt, however, its going to get you very far.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Vaguely on subject, I further added to the tooltip that pops up in the new alliance vs alliance combat stats, a "% of involvement".

So load up an alliance page, hover over one of their enemies, and you can see a "% of involvement" for land, kills, and bribes - compare that to "% of involvement" for other large allies around their range, and you will get a very good idea of how much "activity" there has been between them - ie is it a minor amount of privately agreed activity designed to try and avoid the new rules (because 0 activity would have been too obvious), or are they fighting like any two other alliances that have been near eachother all round have been?

The % is a % of the grand total - eg if an alliance has lost & gained a total of 500,000 land against other allies... and only 10,000 of it lost/stolen was from alliance X... then their % of land involvement with alliance X will be 2%.

I'm making no comments about any specific examples, merely informing people of a new tool available in-game and one way that information may or may not be helpful.

moorer

Pruner
My my, seeing all the rhetoric in this thread just reinforces my view that it was an excellent move for us to take this short break.

Please remember that OF was formed as a fun alliance being a group of friends looking to have a good time together with as much or as little activity as we wanted.

As it turns out we did better than we expected and our rise up the rankings led to a natural increase in activity as the old blood started to rush round our veins.

However a combination of circumstances, holidays, family commitments and just plain old tiredness led to the collective decision we needed a break.

There were several members weren't entirely happy at the decision but we play as a group and they went with the collective decision and I respect them all the more for it, its no fun being barracked for a decision you don't fully agree with.

Are Twigley and JJ in cahoots, I don't know, only they know for certain, will they fight for rank 1, I don't know again only they know that.

Me? i am just enjoying the free time and an early night for a couple of days.

You guys have fun and remember this is just a game :D

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
DA you, as a forum mod, should be ashamed of posting such a deliberately trolling thread that is borderline on sparking another unnecessary flame war.

DA: Appalling that you would SNAP in spite of that action, that's a pretty crappy way to play the game. Then you simply feed ammunition to those who would accuse S2N and Enmity of SNAPping and further fan the flames of the dislike much of hte playerbase shares against S2N and Enmity. Appalling tactics, appalling idea, crappy playing. Tsk Tsk....

I feel its a crappy way to play the game to take an entire alliance into sleep to take yourself out of the War equation.

I am in Enmity - I can tell everyone, quite honestly, that Enmity are not and have not been snapped with S2N.

I've seen discussions on IRC, and in politics, regarding which alliance to focus our efforts on, or whether to play a defensive game.

I think what a lot of people are confusing here is the fact that Enmity now look to be playing a defensive game. We've not declared War, or for that matter sent anything but randoms on OF/S2N.

OF have concluded that we're snapped with S2N, which we're not, and have thus hit sleep to try and get us to war it out.

JJ/Twigley may decide to war it out, I've no idea, S2N/Enmity may even feel reassured by the fact that OF are out of the equation and that they can fight 1v1, fairly.

I think this is, again, a case of OF being lazy. The "Lets let everyone else War it out so we can sit, grow fat and come out on top because everyone else has died fighting", stance. They've tried a few waves on Enmity - our defensive walls held strong, and to my knowledge we've not lost a single acre to OF during mass-attacks from them. They decided they couldn't break us, and have now hit sleep - because as with the resistance, doing nothing as an alliance suits them best.

Nothing against that, OF, if thats your choice of play thats just how it is. I very much doubt, however, its going to get you very far.

Just want to make sure i understand this...

1. Your going on the Defensive? - As in your not going to hit S2N...Didn't see that coming..."defensive" haha nice way around the problem!

2. RRR originally had the round won...why? We took out our enemies! We didn't sit around and risk it! Same with most past round! So Why are Enmity going to risk their rank 1 on sitting around on the "defensive".

Haha any excuse. I'm really done with this game, you guys really make it boring! We hit sleep so you can do what ever you like with no fear and yet your going to go on the defensive...Roll on end of round...Roll on retirement!