Dota 2

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Just had my very first rampage :D Got it as darkseer wall+vacuum combo

So who are everyones favourite heroes?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I think mine would be Timbersaw and OD, but it really depends on the setup, and which role we need. I'll happily play a jakiro/lion as a support, or a AM/PA as a carry.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Out of curiosity are any of you sick invoker players? :D

I'm always up for seeing a good invoker with or against me.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
So who are everyones favourite heroes?

Io and Windrunner.

Also Tusk. Any hero that has giant text saying: 'Warlus Punch' and 'Polar Punch' when he attacks is alright by my book.

On and the voice-acting for Lich is brilliant.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
My favorites are puck/clockwerk.

Big fan of roaming ganker heroes who can take up the suicide role.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Out of curiosity are any of you sick invoker players? :D

I'm always up for seeing a good invoker with or against me.

I don't think I've ever once played him. Don't have the patience to learn all his spells and stats off by heart :p

He seems super strong after the last patch though..haven't played a game where he hasn't been in it and his killing power is so high early on now.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I didnt actually spot what they changed for him, i will take a look.

But yeah, i was looking up a guide on how to play him a while ago (nerd alert ;/) and i came across something called "The Invoker Game" where you basically just cast as many spells as you can in a certain time i think ;p

Souls

Official Helper
Invoker game is good practice for hitting your skills by reflex memory

I used to play a pretty solid invoker. Haven't touched him since his nerfs so probably a bit rusty :p

Max

Garden Designer
So - is it worth even trying to play DOTA as a complete and utter n00b with no experience or should I just steer clear? Iamsmart has said it's got a lot of deep and subtle strategy like chess, but with faster reflexes required. Worth the effort? Can it actually be enjoyed as a n00b?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
So - is it worth even trying to play DOTA as a complete and utter n00b with no experience or should I just steer clear? Iamsmart has said it's got a lot of deep and subtle strategy like chess, but with faster reflexes required. Worth the effort? Can it actually be enjoyed as a n00b?

I'd say you can definitely get enjoyment as a new player. The training isn't too taxing, and I've had great fun even playing against bots.

I think the best thing to do is play some bots with some friends and you will have great fun. The limited heroes matches are good too- Dota has very good MM, so you'll be playing with people of similar experience.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Can't remmeber my steam login details so i can't sign on to play the invoker game! argh

edd

Tree Surgeon
Got 78 seconds on survival :D that's probably wank ;p

91.9 after playing a game with invoker.

119.6 Seconds is my record now. I think i have a decent handle on changing the spells up for which ones i want. But using them in game scenarios will take a lot of practice i'm sure.

Last edited:

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Yeah a lot of people completely avoid invoker because of his reputation of being one of the hardest heroes. But when you actually get down to it, you can memorise his spells within a pretty short time.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Yeah i've had a few games with him now and i'm really enjoying the combos i'm cracking out.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

I think the better question is, do you have the willpower to not let it consume your life.

haha, nah noob games are fun as well. Best way to learn is get one of us to play with you on our smurf accounts I think although low tier games are very different as most people will only pick carrys and it's far less team orientated (which isn't entirely a problem if you're learning the basics).