Christmas break removal Gripe/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFalcon

Official Helper
The only reason you're going in circles is 'cos neither of you will admit the other has a shred of validity in their points.

Yes, there are people who want to play on christmas, and it's inconvenient to them not to be able to play. Nobody is denying that Hamilton.

The entire point Alci&co are making, the point which *you* keep glossing over, is that it is *less* inconvenient for the minority people to not play than it is inconvenient for the majority to *have* to play.

Obviously there are two sides here. That doesn't make both sides equal. This isn't "swings and roundabouts".

Do you complain to your supermarket when a disproportionate amount of shelf space is dedicated to christmas food in december? I mean, it's inconveniencing you as someone who won't be making a fuss about christmas. Why should you be inconvenienced in your shopping by other people's traditions? The shops shouldn't put anything up for christmas, 'cos it will inconvenience you.
Never mind that it's MORE inconvenient to the vast majority who do want to have some sort of xmas celebration to not be able to buy anything. THEY shouldn't be allowed to inconvenience YOU, doesn't matter if they're inconvenienced. They aren't you are they? You on your own are just as important as 95% of the population.

You see how, just because there are two sides doesn't mean both sides are equal? And you see where the accusation of selfishness is coming from?

I realise you're playing devil's advocate and aren't really as selfish as some in this thread are saying. I'm just pointing out why it's come up at all.

Reactions: Max

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sweet analogy CF. Also CF rocks, kthx.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
You talk about it being fairer on the majority but why did Azzer remove the break initially?

There is no break and until Azzer comes and listens to you guys, I'm happy either way.

The analogy doesn't work against me personally because ^^.
Something Toby needs to grasp...I just haven't been involved in such a debate on here, (understanding it's not the best subject), however, some people have put their (minimal effort) views across and I see where they're coming from.

Don't get me wrong, both sides have validity, of course they will.

People who know Politics better than I do, are we in a world where the majority counts over the minority...(non sarcastic question). Both valid = turn to majority = majority wins?

I'm not the devil. I'm merely stating what the 'minority' would be thinking :)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
You can force everyone not play, or you can force folks to make the choice on their own. You CANNOT force them to play. That is their choice.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I was barely affected by no break because A) We got like 1 inc. B) I got internetz on ma phonez and it only takes a few clicks like im sending a text to send :p

But i think a break around christmas for 48 hours is something that should have stayed in place and i'm sure if Azzer was about he would have put it in.

There are alot more upsides than downsides to having a break o_O

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Don't get me wrong, both sides have validity, of course they will.

People who know Politics better than I do, are we in a world where the majority counts over the minority...(non sarcastic question). Both valid = turn to majority = majority wins?

I'm not the devil. I'm merely stating what the 'minority' would be thinking :)

I've said all I have to on this particular matter and will go no further other than to answer your question :

Yes, it is pretty much common sense that it is more logical to accommodate the needs of many over the needs of few. Or, as Mr. Spock succinctly puts it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6c3OTr6yA#t=12s

(In this scenario you can consider yourself 'the one')

[/thread]

phpxnjKswAM.jpg

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You can force everyone not play, or you can force folks to make the choice on their own. You CANNOT force them to play. That is their choice.

That's complete nonsense again Lucky. By attacking us, you do force us to play; because most people in an alliance want to be seen as supporting, and helping, and defending their alliance mates. If i am forced to be a "good player" and help my alliance because a handful of game players are unable to entertain themselves with anything other than bushtarion, you are in fact forcing me to play. Not perhaps as directly as holding a gun to my head, but it's a ***** player who is happy to abandon his allymates.

As it happens, I tend to have free time around Christmas since my family doesn't do a whole lot together other than presents, church, the odd meal here and there, so I was able to play to my strengths and protect many of my alliance mates, but it was kind of shitty to feel like i HAD to continually check for inc because a few *******s had nothing better to do.

It's really miraculous that you guys don't seem to understand this impossibly simple point.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Christmas Break WITH a Christmas PW? Everyone wins?

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
As it happens, I tend to have free time around Christmas since my family doesn't do a whole lot together other than presents, church, the odd meal here and there, so I was able to play to my strengths and protect many of my alliance mates

What I've said before...^^

I go to church in the morning, open presents, have free time (play bush because I WANT TO), have a TRADITIONAL meal and do whatever I want for the rest of the day. Others I'm sure are the same, only their point is that they don't want to play Bush. It is all about choice until the break is implicated and until it is, I will make use of the ability to play Bush on Christmas day simply because I don't want to sit and watch **** on TV that my parents do. If there is a break, then my brother will have to make do with me taking over the Xbox...

If sleep mode isn't a sufficient alternative for the break then you are otherwise forcing yourself to be available and play. If I knew I was away or didn't want to be pranked on, the only choice is sleep mode, right?

If the break is desperate for many, someone call Azzer to bring it back...nearer the time of course! I'm not sure he'll want this trouble yet :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Are you only capable of entertaining yourself on bushtarion, the xbox, or tv? :(

Unapproved by DA - please see my last post for reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Are you only capable of entertaining yourself on bushtarion, the xbox, or tv? :(

I don't watch TV because there is nothing on, my parents sit and watch **** on it Christmas Day. Xbox usually because I like to play any new games I get and Bushtarion yes because Christmas Day to me is another day in the calender, only with opening presents, going to church and having an awesome lunch.

I struggle to find anything else to do without leaving the house...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I don't watch TV because there is nothing on, my parents sit and watch **** on it Christmas Day. Xbox usually because I like to play any new games I get and Bushtarion yes because Christmas Day to me is another day in the calender, only with opening presents, going to church and having an awesome lunch.

I struggle to find anything else to do without leaving the house...

Then you should probably see a therapist. Or something.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
You should probably take a peek at my Signature and research it before making references to a therapist.

I've got a couple years left on the planet so I'll do what I please on Christmas Day ta.

/End of debate with irrelavant postings.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Righty I think this thread has ran its course. In light of the fact that we already have an open and ongoing debate over here (with a poll, helpfully) I'm closing this gripe. (I may copy over some of the more objective posts to the older thread).

Given that this has been hotly debated, though, I will be sticky-ing the older thread so we can have a petition either way ready for November.

Status
Not open for further replies.