Black Ops

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
just bought it. it's pretty fun but nothing special. spawn points have been pissing me off.

Spawn points have been a major pain in the ass on CoD since CoD4. WaW and MW2 were both piss annoying. Half the time when you spawn you get killed straight away with no chance of doing anything.

CoD4 ftw.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Meh, I'm enjoying this game more than mw2. Got rid of all the useless crap and a hell of a lot les hackers. Mw2 was a game everyone seemed to hack....
I dont think ive ever come across hackers playing. Ever. And ive played like 20 days worth. What console?
just bought it. it's pretty fun but nothing special. spawn points have been pissing me off.

Spawn points have been a major pain in the ass on CoD since CoD4. WaW and MW2 were both piss annoying. Half the time when you spawn you get killed straight away with no chance of doing anything.

CoD4 ftw.

I rarely get killed as soon as i spawn. Id say 1% of the time, and pretty much all the 1% is from air support. Im just giving my experience, not saying you are wrong.

I played the game and didnt like it all. I played a total of 6 games before starting back on MW2. Maybe its cause im not used to it, so i'll try play more and maybe it will grow on me.

Oh, btw, does anyone think it is harder to kill people?? during one game i ran up behind 2 enemies, and using the 3 round burst, put all three rounds in 1 guy, then moved to the next guy and shot him. Yet neither died with three rounds. Anyone else think this?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I dont think ive ever come across hackers playing. Ever. And ive played like 20 days worth. What console?

By hackers im pretty sure he means modded lobbies, gamer tags. And ive seen people with aimbot and wall hack too. If you havnt seen atleast some of this, then you definately havnt played as much as me :p

Oh, btw, does anyone think it is harder to kill people?? during one game i ran up behind 2 enemies, and using the 3 round burst, put all three rounds in 1 guy, then moved to the next guy and shot him. Yet neither died with three rounds. Anyone else think this?

Base bullet damage is decreased, more recoil and no stopping power.

Changer

Head Gardener
PS3 didnt suffer from that many hacks. Worst it got was during the care package glitch and even then it wasnt always that bad.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I like the removal of stopping power. It allows you to use all 3 perks (in MWF2 as soon as you took stopping power off it took forever to kill anyone.)
I originally didn't like it, but now I realize I was just overwhelmed at first. There is soooo much stuff you can do that when I first started playing I just ended up confused.
The Hiuey is so fun to use, but its a bit tough to get since killstreaks don't count to your count :(
AK74U and Famas for me. Nuketown's by far my favorite map as it's always an intense game.
Also having 3 equipment spots is nice -- nade, flashbangs AND claymores is awesome.
Anyone got any solid setups they are using? And favorite gametypes? I've just been playing TD most of the time.

Razorwolf

Pruner
i play only hc snd. Only use mp5k with rapid fire and silencer.
lightweight, warlord and marathon :D

used it all the way to prestige and doing it all over again :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer

By hackers im pretty sure he means modded lobbies, gamer tags. And ive seen people with aimbot and wall hack too. If you havnt seen atleast some of this, then you definately havnt played as much as me :p

haha, of course i havnt played that much. 12-13 days for me.

Base bullet damage is decreased, more recoil and no stopping power.

cheers. lame in my opinion, but meh.

PS3 didnt suffer from that many hacks. Worst it got was during the care package glitch and even then it wasnt always that bad.

cool

I still havnt gotten into it. Bloody annoying me. The most annoying part is having to buy your ****. Mainly because i dont know what each weapon feels like, i dont wanna waste my credits. Im still playing MW2, gotta force myself to play Black Ops. Im hoping its just a matter of getting used to it. However it doesnt help that i never had any problems getting used to me MW2, worst part of that transition was losing some of the great maps on there.

tomtree

Head Gardener
The Hiuey is so fun to use, but its a bit tough to get since killstreaks don't count to your count :(

????

the chopper gunner is called a Huey.

I loving the game personally. it does take a while to get used to though. the removal of stopping power and comando is great imo. though they do need to sought out the spawns as sometimes its ridiculous, particularly on small maps like nuketown.

Ive been playing either Sticks and Stones or Domination mainly.

Last edited:

TehPantz

Head Gardener
I am still contemplating getting this game. I am kinda tired of the MW2 style of play, but the big draw to me is the gun games. I used to play gun games all the time on CS:S (Podunk and I would take people to school). Is it any good in this game?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I enjoyed using the CZ pistol more than anything else. I have no idea why - My vote is still firmly with MoH, but I enjoyed the Ninja Pro, Warlord Pro and another one that I forget. :)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Yesterday i was playing MW2 online. The first game i joined was a hacked lobby. It was awesome fun. Started off with a pistol and every kill you got a different weapon. First to level 40 gets a nuke and wins. Well it was awesome until some asshole with an aimbot and a wall hack started killing everyone from on a roof.

And it had on the left of the screen the name of the person hosting, with the frames per second underneath. When you brought up the scoreboard it actually had each players ping (in ms). And for some reason when i left game cause of said asshole, the fps, ping and host still remained for all other games. Although its not there anymore since restarting...

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I have it. Playing it loads and loving it...

Tend to use Ghost Pro, Slight of Hand and Hacker Pro... Which is always fun...

Epic tbh. Leaps and bounds better than MW2 which was pretty much a massive **** up.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I have it. Playing it loads and loving it...

Tend to use Ghost Pro, Slight of Hand and Hacker Pro... Which is always fun...

Epic tbh. Leaps and bounds better than MW2 which was pretty much a massive **** up.

have to disagre after rinsing black ops i find it too slow and it has many annoying features:

1)the ninjas pro to hear footsteps and silent yours is no where near as good as sit rep pro on mw2

2) people respawn next to thier allies with no concept of how near other enemies are or if the person is using ghost or not and tying to sneak undetected. consequence. people spawn on top of me and get me killed.

3)the bullets are not strong enough for how i like to play, unless i go on hardcore. regular team death match is pants

4) sniping is very underpowered due to lack of stopping power or a decent sniperifle with good scopes. if you use the most powerful one the agoc is terrible. so many times ive aimed and fired and hit on my screen and its failed.

5). I prefer the skip map option. instead of voting for what you want to play. because sometimes you never get to play certain maps because people will always vote for the most popular and you end up missing some of the maps and playing the same ones over and over. (only applies to console versions i imagine)

i think if you try mw2 after playing on black ops for a few months (id suggest starting with original maps). you will see the game play is much better,at least i think so. also i am not so keen on buying your upgrades. i think they shud be earnt with achievements and unlocked. although i do like dual mag ability, and people not having shotgun as thier second weapon.

i do like the single player game and zombies is epic. but the multiplayers although okay once your use to it is very limited. i like to try everything and use everything and have lots of different set ups so when im bored of the silenced galil or famas i can switch to sniping or running round duel wield. i use to love just trying to go on a desert eagle rampage on mw2. but if you think the guns were underpowered then the pistols even worse. i dont care who you are 4 shots from a pistol would put down even the toughest drugged up marine. it seems to me the only usable guns are smgs and rifles. and yess you can snipe, i do at times. but never as effectively as just having agoc on your m16.

EDIT:

the best features black ops ha given us are: the ability to play two player on one console... online. and to record your games and highlights if playing on console

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Black Ops was awful. I played it for a day and a half (practically the entire campaign on Vet before being bored to tears & to lvl 37 on multi). It is a shoddy waste of money. I wasn't captivated nor did I empathise any of the characters in the storyline, and the multiplayer - Whilst the maps were alright, the weapon selection was poor at best. Also, they categorized the AKSU as a sub-machine gun, when it's actually just an AK-74 without a stock. Idiots.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The Ak-74U is the submachine gun which is the one without the stock. The AK47 is the assault rifle. There is no AKSU.

l2guns

Black Ops isn't a bad game. Compared to other FPS games I've played it is still better, but all CoD games are ultimately going to be immediately compared with CoD4, and they won't ever come out on top.

All the CoD games since 4 have essentially been the same with slightly changed perks/guns/maps. Unfortunately they've all tried too hard to make it as customisable as possible, rather than trying to improve gameplay. So many of the options on BO are completely unnecessary. Face camo anyone? While also getting rid of some of the cool unlockables from CoD4 / MW2. Now you can buy them all and it doesn't mean you've achieved diddly squat. Buying any perks whenever you want, buying the gun camos whenever, buying attachments whenever...that was a step backwards imo.

Also, how many pages of statistics do you need? :/

And the single player was rubbish, like you said.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
The Ak-74U is the submachine gun which is the one without the stock. The AK47 is the assault rifle. There is no AKSU.

l2guns

I affectionately nickname it the AKSU (actual technical name for this variant is the Kalashnikov AKS-74U). You will notice however, that I made reference to it being an AK74 without a stock. The 'AKSU' was made as a specialized CQB stockless/folding stock assault rifle for Spetsnaz Russian Special Forces during the Cold War era.
So yes, it is an assault rifle, as it still used the 5.45x39mm Warsaw Pact round. Submachine guns more often than not utilise small arms caliber, and combine it with rapid fire at the cost of some stopping power. They were made for CQB situations where over-penetration of targets was undesired (such as hostage situations).
So in short, no. It is an assault rifle that was incorrectly categorized. The AK47 and the AK74 are totally different weaponry eras - The AK74 replaced the AK47 as the assault rifle of the Warsaw Pact in 1970.

But seriously, if you want me to actually educate you about weapons, I've also fired an AK47 and an AK74-M (amongst many others), so I can also tell you all about how different in appearance and practicality they actually are. Your knowledge is based on games and the internet. Mine is based upon experience. You can go and baw about putting your foot in your mouth, now.

I did find something good about Black Ops, however. Dismemberment! Loving it.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
People who fire from guns and brag about it cant fire from their penis a wise man once said.