Black Ops

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Got back from the midnight launch a couple of hours ago...been playing with mates since and it's awesometastic from first impressions, will post more thoughts when I've played more as we've only been playing about with the multiplayer and zombie stuff...

Can't wait to crack on with the single player and online tomoro!!!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
yeah, judging from the multiplayer trailer it looks even more in depth in the tactics you can use than MW2.

The wireless camera looks pretty neat. However, i can see it being mega-abused by campers to totally cover themselves. Eg, camp at one door, see someone coming from behind, move next to door and akimbo shotgun. lame. just makes their lame tactics easier. Then again, the remote car can counter this ^^, so anti-camping its awesome.

For snipers the camera would be excellent.

Plan to get this sooner or later

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Got back from the midnight launch a couple of hours ago...been playing with mates since and it's awesometastic from first impressions, will post more thoughts when I've played more as we've only been playing about with the multiplayer and zombie stuff...

Can't wait to crack on with the single player and online tomoro!!!

OHMYGAWJEALOUS

Waiting for the postman for mine today. He'll come. He'll come. He'll be right on time. :lol:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I got mine, and for 20 mins it's been applying the update and is only about 25% through.... grrrrr arg!!

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Stupid Euros :/

I've still got to go to school and sports before I get to play mine, assuming UPS is on time! Really pumped to try out all the multiplayer fun.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Got mine this morning in the post! multiplayer is AMAZING! I love it.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Big dissapointment.
It's a step back in terms of gameplay from waw just with the ability to play sims with your character.

Poor graphics, bad game mechanics.

Only saving grave is the new game modes

Frijj

Harvester
Got it at midnight yesterday and played for around 18 hours. In my opinion it takes a sh*t on modern warfare 2.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've similar thoughts to Twigley, only the saving grace, "Game modes" are fantastic.

Really good fun multiplayer action - and Zombie mode is great too.

Agreed, though, how we've moved on 1 year since MW2, yet gone back a step graphics wise, I'm not sure. Graphics aren't terrible but they're certainly not as good as MW2.

This may be down to the era/environments (a lot of very dirty, gritty maps) - Whereas things are a lot cleaner in MW2, I'd imagine that is easier to make look "pretty".

-

I mean what's clear from Black Ops is that they've just completely ripped off Halo's theatre system (Which I'm not complaining about, its EPIC) - and various elements of Counter Strike (gambling being perhaps the main one).

It works though - and that's what should happen in gaming. Take the best of everything and stick it in one game.

-

I really quite like the maps too, there is a really varied feel to the mix.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm not really a graphics bod, all I do is play something and if I enjoy it = win. The flexibility with the guns/perks adds for more varied approach which can cater for all, although it makes it easier to upgrade certain guns which removes some of the challenge.

I've not played it for a HUGE amount of time, but I am liking it so far, I really was not a fan of World at War so I think this is a vaste improvement. This shall definatly absorb alot of my days.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
After some more play now on zombies, search and destroy, barebones and seeing the awesome theatre thing where you can view other peoples clips, your own games and create little montages i would rate the game more than my initial rating. I also turned back to HD (I play in SD so i can record games but i guess there is little point now).

I like it.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I was a bit iffy yesterday as well, but put a few more hours in today and its good fun!

I'm not a fan of the perks, they all seem pretty useless to me. But I guess its best that stopping power is gone. Can't wait to unlock reticle customization, saw some guy with a green plus today -- was epic.

Favorite setups so far?

Frijj

Harvester
I am currently using the Commando with dual mags. Concussion grenades, tomahawk, and motion sensor. And perks are Ghost Pro, Sleight of hand Pro, and Ninja Pro.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Just played it tim. It's pretty epic. One of the powerups turned me into a minitank. And at one time i had a ray gun :)