Black Ops II

timtadams

Landscape Designer
yeah, I pretty much iron sight everything too Dax. It's just a waste of a weapon attachment to have red dots and such. One if the reasons the SCAR is my favourite weapon is it's iron sight is great.

I'm usually lightweight, flinch, and dexterity+engineer. Regardless of weapon. And I never have a secondary weapon. I.d rather just add extended mags. And that's all TDM.

Now i'm going for diamond camo on assault rifles, by the time i've done the 150 kills with no perks and 150 kills with no attachments, all the other challenges like bloodthirsts are done. Which is a nice change from the snipers where bloodthirsts were hard work.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Hey dax cheers for the add ill have to join u some point in the new year. Hit us up if theres a group doing some gaming and u need an extra team mate.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
so I'm doing all the primary weapon mastery challanges, which I enjoy doing because I get to try all the different weapons out.

The SCAR isn't as good as it used to be in modern warfare because too much recoil makes range kills harder. But with a silencer it does very well. Probably best assault rifle for silenced play. FAL and SMR (the semi autos) are both generally 2 shot kills, and you can get quite a fast fire rate if you've got a quick trigger finger. full auto with fal is no good because it's too slow fire rate, but SMR on full auto must be a bit faster because it's a beast. One of my favourites.

First LMG, (I never remember what it's called) it's awesome. I don't really go for streaks, so reload time is not really an issue. If I get through 100 rounds and have to reload, I should be dead already. And it has good damage and range too. So I can get a sniper across the map with a few taps of the trigger. Not having to reload saves crucial seconds and often gets you extra kills. Gotta have lightweight perk and quickdraw attachment though. Aim time is way too slow without, and you'll often die before you've had time to aim.

Sometimes use optic sights now. Never had any shudder while aiming as Dax described, it's always perfectly smooth. Are you playing on an oldish PC Dax?
It helps if recoil causes gun to obscure target. Especially when you are going for head shots, because iron sight usually obscures whole body, so it's harder too see your target.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
the fal with the select fire switch or w/e it is that makes it auto....isnt too slow imo its pretty good.. but yeah smr with select fire is really good. but does take up some of your choices just to make the gun extra good. So its pretty annoying some times if you want say silencer and an optic you need the primary gun fighter on. can be limiting. but the up side is assuming you hit them when you get that awkward moment where you and the enemy appear head to head suddenly you generally seem to win. i dont know iff smr causes more flinch to the targets aim i notice some guns are more effective for this than others. but yeah in a head to head, i seem to win.

havent used lmg before. but i think i may try them soon. i was playing bots to check out my prestiged weapons, and where the clan tag is written, and picked up silenced, agoc, grip- Lsat. was very effective. So i may try them.

i love the M-tac too, favorite pistol.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
used the M8 with full auto lol. Really quick fire rate, but lots of recoil. Too much recoil in my opinion.

The 3rd shotgun that shoots the single slug, I think it's the SKG, has good range, but firing from hip is not generally a good option. I would liken it too using the ballista with iron sight, except short range and slightly faster fire rate. And much better accuracy from hip.

crossbow is fun, but not very competative, for me at least. Once you stick someone they're screwed, but it's still plenty of time to kill you. Not good for close quarters at all. And lag can be frustrating. Even on a good connection, I will sometimes fire all three arrows directly at a target and still miss because they are moving across my screen. And that includes when trying to compensate for the tiny travel time. tri bolt attachment is pointless. I thought it was something like for firing all three arrows in really quick succession. however all it does is fire the three arrows all at once. If you hit someone with 1 arrow they're dead, so why three? you have to reload after every shot. you only get 6 arrows so after 2 shots you're empty. only benefit I see is maybe if you wanted to damage an agr, or if there is a wall behind target so explosive damage may be able too kill target. but such situations I find rare.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
New favourite weapon: SMR. Absolutely excellent. Although that being said, the M8 will always have a place in my heart since I used it on Vegas 2 years ago.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
got a kill after game winning kill. didn't think it was possible

playing with mp7, no perks or attachments. guy comes round the corner, I start shooting, he goes to throw C4, I hit C4 as it's practically still in his hands, and C4 explodes. he kills me in killfeed first with c4, and I get kill with my gun. and they win game. Guessing it was assisted suicide.

yet final killcam was of the kill he got before he killed me, their 74th kill.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Just got a 70-17 on kill confirmed, and got 13 sentry turrets in the process. Hilarious game.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Bops2 hasnt heard of recoil. Hip fire hurrr durrr. Terrible game.