Black Ops II

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Yes, I own it. If you have it on the 360, PM me on IRC when I'm around, or add me on theprudemeister (my cousin's XBL account, I'll add). Feel free to add my tag too (captaincrapsack) but it won't be active until I fix the login issue the account has.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I shall add ye later today, and I'll party you up at some stage. I usually am to be found playing objective-based games - as DM is boring.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
I shall add ye later today, and I'll party you up at some stage. I usually am to be found playing objective-based games - as DM is boring.

I'm up for playing pretty much anything to be honest, so invite me whenever we're both online. I have sent you a friend request.

Have you used K9 Unit and Swarm together? EPIC!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
looking for some zombie fans to play with. i like transit for the challenge or survival for easy mode. but i keep getting put with people online who are a little below par.

know how to do everything from packapunch to power, to the shortcut to town, havent done obelisk table or anything yet. done the permenant perks like quick revive and improved head shot damage, but lost them. dont know how i lost them mind. but im familiar with the basics well enough to get by, but would like some one to play with who doesnt die every round, or can recover if they do. or even is willing to practice.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I played a fair bit of zombies on the first black ops and made it to mid-high 30's on some of the maps (kino/five/ascension/der reise), i think im a pretty good team player so if you wanna play that'd be cool as i too know what it's like to go from lobby to lobby with what must be 90% 5 year olds!

However i'm currently at uni and will be for another week but when im back home i will start playing pretty quickly i'm sure.

and yes i'm on 360. I know nitrous played the first one on 360 so maybe he would join in.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
well I got it, and it's pissing me off a lot.

Knifing is ridiculous. I'll come up behind someone, try to knife and miss because they moved a tiny bit. Or the lag (which isn't even bad) causes the knife to miss. I sometimes spend 10 seconds spinning around like a retard trying to knife another guy before they gun me down with an automatic weapon.

There is apparently no lag compensation. I've been almost purely sniping and often I will pump consecutive rounds dead in the centre of an opponents chest, only to not even get a hit marker.

The amount of corners where head glitching is possible (or whatever you call it where only their head is visible over some object) is ridiculous.

Bouncing betties are seriously ****ing gay. They are all over the place, and with no sitrep it's a joke. Multiple times a game I get killed by these things. because I don't stop moving. And the whole diving to go prone is the worst. It just makes me dive into the open, and worse, when I come across a bouncing betty and try to quickly go prone, I instead fly through the air for a second so the bouncing betty can **** me up regardless. Those shock charges are also gay. As if campers didn't need more equipment to fortify themselves.

They made cold blooded only work if you are moving to minimise camping. But UAVs now require 4-5 kills so there aren't even that many. And I can hack them in 5 seconds anyway. Don't get me wrong, I prefer minimal UAVs, but they just made their own attempt at reducing camping redundant.

But I do like how they have all the weapon challenges which unlock cool camos. It gives me something to aim for, and mix things up. Just like how I got the gold AK, sniper and shotty in COD4. Although, the challenges are easier than in COD4. Except the 250 one shot one kills for the SVU sniper, where the only way to get a one shot one kill is by a headshot.

SVU with acog is pretty mad. but the ballista is pretty good. kinda like the intervention/MSR.

Perks are all pretty ordinary.

edit: and no, i'm not *****ing because i'm ****. I still have a kd >1.2 at level 55, and that's just sniping. so pretty average.

Last edited:

dave

Harvester
Yes, I own it. If you have it on the 360, PM me on IRC when I'm around, or add me on theprudemeister (my cousin's XBL account, I'll add). Feel free to add my tag too (captaincrapsack) but it won't be active until I fix the login issue the account has.

sort it out mate im on there sometimes now, when im not at work.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
ok, so the engineer perk has sitrep as part of it. So that is now my favourite perk.

The black hat tacticals are awesome. Not only do they destroy air support, they can hack turrets and guardians through walls. Which is great when combined with engineer perk. Or they can destroy them across the map if they have a clear line of sight. And during a match today I was delighted to find they can also hack enemy care packages at a distance. I was able to get a stealth chopper because the enemy package ended up about 6 meters high on top of a small cliff. And they also hack your own packages in a second or less. Which is handy for using your package a bait, without having to be near it to get it.

It does seem that perks are not as important as in modern warfare. The weapon challenges such as get 50 kills with no perks is only too easy, especially when I can have three attachments. In modern warfare choosing perks was pretty straightforward given certain combinations were ideal for a certain type of gameplay. However (as a sniper atm) choosing perks is pretty much whatever you feel like. although, maybe that's because i'm concentrating on sniping only at the moment. I'll definitely have a hard look at the perks at some point. i'm so lazy lol.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
dax, im up for zombies, but have a friend who keeps dragging me back to mass effect 3 as he has just got himself online, and doesnt have cod till xmas.

battlepigeon = my xbox id if you want to add me. for some zombies.

also tim, its ghost that you have to move around with. not cold blooded. and yeah you figured out the sitrep perk yourself. ps. I think not 100% you can just crouch below a bouncing betty. dont need to prone. it will damage you but not kill you. it may just have been i was far enough away each time i pulled it off. also use the anti flash/concusion perk (perk 3? red one) to stop those shockers hitting you instead or in addition to your engineer. ive got so many kills by people thinking im flashed or shocked or concussed. so they run in for the easy kill. and im waiting aiming down sights with my assault rifle.

the worst for me is sit rep pro, is now just there all the time, with the right perk not hard to get, but its far less effective. in my opinion, I got use to it a bit more before I prestiged. but yeah its no where near as useful as it was for hearing footsteps of those not on your team

i do like the gun camo, far easier to achieve mind. dont need the 1000 head shots. just a few hundred then the other challenges. i quite like some of the non gold ones you unlock with the challenges. art of war etc looks sweet.... also i find the agoc not as good. and the red dot/preditor site is the only red dot i can use well apart from the original. i dont use the other scopes. i think BO2 is much better than BO1 though.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Well, i just finished getting diamond camo for snipers without too much troubles. Only those damn bloodthirsts take a bit of time with a sniper.

But now im using assault rifles, it is so easy to completely dominate, even on a shitty team. Bloodthirsts come easy with an assault rifle too.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
not my favourite, but I reckon it's ok. I think my favourite would have to be cherry blossom lol.

It's good those camo challenges don't reset after prestige though, otherwise I probably wouldn't have prestiged.

And i've given the game a chance and it's growing on me. Still have gripes like knifing. Also sniping with a semi automatic, spraying out 5 bullets at point blank and still missing every shot astounds me. I think it might be because the barrel of the sniper was going through them, so the bullet exits the gun on the other side of them. Or maybe there is a greater tendency for the bullet to hit on the outer edge of the crosshairs, to make no scoping more difficult. One time someone was lying on the ground, and from point blank I missed like 4 no scopes in a row.

But all in all, not toooo bad.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Hardline/cold blooded/extreme conditioning - Basic.

Hardline & Blindeye/Cold Blooded/Extreme Conditioning OR Dexterity are my greed combos.

Personally, I iron sight with everything but the snipers. You see clearer, move faster, and there's no screen judder whilst aiming down them.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
you play a different game to me dax, im all about the ghost, and suprises. then relocating when people try to find me. but i guess its all the TD ive played not the team games like you. played hardcore td other day... i was expecting it to be harder. if anything it was easier!!!

maybe was a fluke a dozen games in a row. but yeah wow. makes a difference. i got soo many head shots with m27, must be luck. all i need to get use to is how grenades dont have an indicator to show you they are close. lol just hidding in a corner thinking im far enough away only to die, and repeat the mistake later on.

also you get fewer 'lets run around with smg' players, so probably why i did better. i always play domination when trying to unlock camo's and get the blood firsty camo