51 awards discussions

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
inb4 inevitable thread split.

was wondering how long it'd take cyrus to jump in on the hate train. our little 'spat' has nothing to do with how i led an alliance. I may have earned the award from my members, but you're just an idiot. it shows. don't worry, I have a little post for you later sweetums.

it's just sad that you have a hard on for me. i will always pity you, my mentally handicapped friend.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
I would like to add that Garrett managed to keep our alliance going throug, what i can only describe as, absolute hell.

everyone has been in low ranked allies before and knows what they normally endure, this however was something completely different. Before the inevitable shoutdown I will add that given the sheer number of rounds i have been playing this game, I am as qualified as any to comment on what is normal.

I have never been so drained, mentally and physically as i have been this round by the constant incoming, sheer stupidity and Calculated hatred that has been coming our way this round.

I will be laying down my keyboard for good after this round, never again will i dwell into the region of onlinegaming (with the exception of sharp paced match based games like SC2 etc.). It is a testament to the sheer force of will exerted by Garrett that i have seen out this much of the round, let alone the fact that i will play till the end.

TL:dr I, like several others in our alliance, have been reduced to a broken mess, lieing huddled and crying in the corner of the internet. Garrett and only Garrett has kept me going.

Garrett for supreme leader!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
If toy don't like it, tough. That's my opinion as im sure toy will have yours.

A leader is just that, someone that leads.. Instead, rather than lead, you whine.

The worst awards might as well be removed anyway as all it does is have people shed tears for a game they pretend they don't care about lol.

Max

Garden Designer
The worst awards might as well be removed anyway as all it does is have people shed tears for a game they pretend they don't care about lol.

It's a nice place to complain about multis though :D

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Multis get no mention from me as they are not players, they are a virus upon this game.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
If toy don't like it, tough. That's my opinion as im sure toy will have yours.

A leader is just that, someone that leads.. Instead, rather than lead, you whine.

When I asked for a day for everyone to back off, that was leading and trying to protect. Instead of having a conversation you had it devolve in only the way you can, and if you really felt that way about worst whatevers, you wouldn't have made your post.

The truth is that you don't like me and can't wait to jump on any of my posts to post about how bad I am. You don't read the posts or at least grasp the details. You pick one periphial point and then start yelling at the top of your lungs til everything else is drowned out. The most childish of behaviors since the lot of you were children. You out of the entire playerbase never grew up.

This is why I pity you. In all sincerity, I pity you most of all scarecrow.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It's like Bushtarion's very own Peter Pan that you just want to smash repeatedly in the face with a claw hammer.

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
Garrett. No offence or anything. But you can't ask for a day off in a game like this. Even if you do, there's no way for anyone to enforce it. Asking for it makes you seem a bit of an idiot. And before you jump on me, yes I have been in your situation before. Many times!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Garrett. No offence or anything. But you can't ask for a day off in a game like this. Even if you do, there's no way for anyone to enforce it. Asking for it makes you seem a bit of an idiot. And before you jump on me, yes I have been in your situation before. Many times!

we have also been in that position and had 5 days when we were smashed into the ground by Asc then Asc and SP, you won't find me being the kind of leader to ask for a break, but i guess garrett is special and gets to ask for special treatment... GTFO.

absolutely nuts! Garrett you wouldn't be so bad if you didn't moan and sprinkle glitter on the true facts, i on the other hand am a pretty upfront guy who says exactly what i think and play the same way (my crap internet grammar aside ;) as i have said to Dax, when i post here, it's not the same as sending a letter to a Councillor at work so why should i try, when you guys aren't paying me?)

we all have our different opinions, accept it.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
that's because usually i wait to post my awards, this time i kicked them off and apparently my opinion is held in high regard these days ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
everyone has been in low ranked allies before and knows what they normally endure, this however was something completely different. Before the inevitable shoutdown I will add that given the sheer number of rounds i have been playing this game, I am as qualified as any to comment on what is normal.

I have to agree with this. Non-ftw alliances get massive respect from me these days. With so few alliances, basically if you are not ftw you are going to get bashed non-stop by the other alliances from round start to finish. It takes a great attitude to stick it out and not either quit or shipjump to one of the "competitive" alliances.

And Spike - yes, you can ask for a day off. It's called sportsmanship. It's just a shame that plenty of people in the game have none.

CLem

Head Gardener

I have to agree with this. Non-ftw alliances get massive respect from me these days. With so few alliances, basically if you are not ftw you are going to get bashed non-stop by the other alliances from round start to finish. It takes a great attitude to stick it out and not either quit or shipjump to one of the "competitive" alliances.

And Spike - yes, you can ask for a day off. It's called sportsmanship. It's just a shame that plenty of people in the game have none.

I also concur, this round was the worst alliance round I've ever played which eventually lead me to go solo. It is not because of the alliance members, but the fact that every time you think you can breath, some stupid train will come and try to land rape you, you stop one and they just come back with a bigger one.

It is mentally far too draining and gives me no motivation to plant to defend /attack to try and grow. I think this round was more pronounced given for a long time rank 2 and 3 didn't hit each other...over half a round of either Asc + BW not hitting each other cause they are resisting or BW + SP not hitting each other because BW played the hope card for a potential resistance.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
when did this game turn into a game for the womens institute...

asking not to be attacked :-/ that always has and always will, be laughed at.

PS Clem, we never played for any resistance with SP, there was around 1 day of me considering it then the whole idea was thrown in the bin. If anything they were holding on hoping we would help them

CLem

Head Gardener
PS Clem, we never played for any resistance with SP, there was around 1 day of me considering it then the whole idea was thrown in the bin. If anything they were holding on hoping we would help them

I am not questioning what was done, and regardless of whether you played them, or they are just plain stupid, the outcome is still the same from an outsiders (my) perspective.

Bugger all happened between rank 2 and 3 for a long time and SI got the most whipping from what I have seen in all my non-competitive playing rounds.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
asking not to be attacked :-/ that always has and always will, be laughed at.

Perhaps you should look at the above quote and ask yourself why the playerbase continues to dwindle. There are obviously countless reasons for it, but here is an important one. Treat other players better and they'll be more likely to continue playing, and the game will be better for it.

It is possible to play this game competitively, actively, and aggressively without being a complete douche about it.

If that principle is too complex for you I'll try and dumb it down even further. You be mean = game be bad. You smash people with club over and over make people sad. People no play anymore. No more game.

I never thought it would be necessary to tell people to act with some basic human decency.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
With TUE two rounds back we were being rinsed for land on three fronts. I made a joke about it and feeling drained in forums and it did let up somewhat. there is some consideration about! It's difficult to want to do it when you can see rivals ahead on land, I understand...

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
the reason for the dwindling playerbase is these forums.

people constantly bringing the game down, people constantly whining and every other post is a personal insult rather than sticking to ingame stuff.

stop acting like this game owes you something and war / fight with people ingame if you're all that butthurt you died.