• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

3 part rounds

TehPantz

Head Gardener
I think people have touched on this idea before, but never threw it together in one post. I feel the current system of game mechanics were intended to be implemented by a larger community with many alliances and lots of wars. This is what made the game dynamic and fun. Nowadays, there are not many players or wars and the game should be changed accordingly.

I have heard so many people talk about how fun and dynamic flak wars are compared to the rest of the round. This is strange because flak wars doesn't last very long.
What if we stretched that new 'meta game' feeling to the rest of the round?

Instead of just teching up all the way in the first two weeks, have 3 tiers of tech that unlock at different points in the game. Tier 1 would unlock right away and be basic units. Tier 2 would not unlock until 3-4 weeks into the round. I think this would bring a refreshing change up in strategy that centers around unit compositions. Unlock the third tier with maybe a month to go in the round. With each unlock, I think it would have a 'snow-globe' effect and shake things up in the middle of the round.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
That does sound good, however it would mean that people with contrasting activity/skills/etc. would start a development at the same time (because of the preset time to unlock the tiers). That does seem a bit unfair to me because the bigger players with more land, whose main advantage is their faster seed production won't be able to exploit that advantage to the fullest.
I think there should either be a time or amount "triggers". Say if you want to tech from PA to CW you have to wait either x ticks, or you have to first hold x PAs.
Or maybe just make the developments a few times slower... either way the game would definitely benefit from forcefully prolongued rounds

edd

Tree Surgeon
I imagine it would make the routes that are heavily dependent on their respective punits next to impossible to play during the second stage of the round.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Yeah some balancing should happen. Otherwise you'll have PBs fighting against Officers for a few weeks. And then you'd have people who're pretty much fully teched (e.g. Rangers) fighting ninjas or so for another few weeks. But with the proper tweaking this could definitely improve the game in my opinion

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
That won't prolongue the fun part, that'll just shorten the boring part :p And Azzer has already said he won't change the length.

I realise now that the whole waiting a lot of time for your best units might lower BC purchase drastically, but Azzer could install a new function - pay X BCs and get permission to start your next development Y ticks earlier. Should be better for the business and for the game

Max

Garden Designer
A simple alternative to this is to simply slow the rate at which the development multiplier drops. At the moment, it hits 1 after only a week, would be much better if it fell slower and hit 1 after ... let's say... 3 weeks? Or more?

Like it used to :D

Atlantis

Pruner
Personally i love the flak wars, but after that and the top players have moved so far ahead i do ask myself "whats the point?"

Anything that could be done to prolong the "fun part" would be great and imo the best way would be (as someone else has mentioned) to slow down the development multiplier.

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Personally i love the flak wars, but after that and the top players have moved so far ahead i do ask myself "whats the point?"

Anything that could be done to prolong the "fun part" would be great and imo the best way would be (as someone else has mentioned) to slow down the development multiplier.

You see this is something which I've learnt...

There is always still a point to play the game if you can't way. If you're allied, the alliance typically has a set objective, either FTW or FTF. Everyone can't get rank 1.

As for the suggestion, it's an ok idea, however I like Dimitar's initial idea.
(None will be implemented)

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I like this idea! The benefit for those who has a lot of acres would obviously be to be able to get more PAs when they do get out. You could also increase the dev price if you're afraid of the active players losing their advantage (although I hardly think that's a just concern). Some tweaking would be done to make every route worth having during the early stages, of course, but we're not that far off. The units are there, people would just be forced to play differently.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
People still post suggestions?

Ye, you big ginger barf stain.

Marvin aside, not a bad idea - But this or the increase/prolonging of the dev multiplier would both be a much better idea than present, though. We would see alot of the older-style route setups too (as less alliances could rely on a heavy-tech setup as they do nowadays), so we may even see a few of the rarer routes making a resurgence (PA, for example - as much as I hold disdain for the route).

timtadams

Landscape Designer
suggestion is to delay ability to dev teir one for 3-4 weeks

only difference is that we would be extending flak wars even longer, and adding an additional delay of teching

what are you trying to say Shadowbane?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Your suggestion was to extend flak wars alone, this suggestion is to extend the period of usefulness(epic word) of all units, not just hippies and yobs

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Sorry, i was probably pretty bland since im tired

What i was trying to say was:
My suggestion (regardless of how crap, im not complaining about it not receiving the love and affection of everyone) was rejected because nobody wanted flak wars to be extended

This suggestion increases flak wars. Regardless of what else it does, it still increases flak wars in its current form.

I dont see any difference in this regard, hence my confusion

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Most of the people who replied to your thread haven't replied to this one.

Personally, I hate flak wars so I'm against this.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
agree with toby. That lul between getting spies and having pb/apps/zombie/spikes teched is the most boring part of my rounds. I have to fly over every few ticks, hope i am hitting a solo, and then i dont even have a chance to guess if the defence is real or not without flyovers on most of the playerbase.

also i see balancing where one route stops vs another as difficult.

long example
lets say pa could get pa, sorcs could get to witch, spec ops ninja, so on and so forth. still makes mass pb alliance the strongest and the longer that lasts the harder it is for other routes to turn it round. either way one route at that point in time is the strongest. Once the win/lead is taken it doesnt matter so much on the routes. The current system is trying not to balance the routes at each tier, but 'give every dog its day' in a dynamic exchange, and also balance the finished routes. and some routes being quicker than others or able to keep land better shouldnt be stopped/stagnent too my mind.

actual example
The day sgt, sd and guru come out yay, the day hoolis, privs, officer, serf come out...who cares. but wait the day apps, pbs, shocks and paras come out hold the phone, where as your spikes/ninja or loudies, not so much. Or the day pa, nano, sorc and rangers appear on the scene pbs/terrorists and hippyvan/loudies dont seem quite so ominous.... and so on.

by stopping the round at one point and taking away a persons need to rush to thier best unit, and make use of thier advantage takes away the tactics and fun imo thats why each tech has different development times. sure use hooligans as best you can by flaking SGT. but to be there waiting to get to your big guns for a week is not for me.

Last edited: