• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

3 part rounds

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
agree with toby. That lul between getting spies and having pb/apps/zombie/spikes teched is the most boring part of my rounds. I have to fly over every few ticks, hope i am hitting a solo, and then i dont even have a chance to guess if the defence is real or not without flyovers on most of the playerbase.

also i see balancing where one route stops vs another as difficult.

long example
lets say pa could get pa, sorcs could get to witch, spec ops ninja, so on and so forth. still makes mass pb alliance the strongest and the longer that lasts the harder it is for other routes to turn it round. either way one route at that point in time is the strongest. Once the win/lead is taken it doesnt matter so much on the routes. The current system is trying not to balance the routes at each tier, but 'give every dog its day' in a dynamic exchange, and also balance the finished routes. and some routes being quicker than others or able to keep land better shouldnt be stopped/stagnent too my mind.

actual example
The day sgt, sd and guru come out yay, the day hoolis, privs, officer, serf come out...who cares. but wait the day apps, pbs, shocks and paras come out hold the phone, where as your spikes/ninja or loudies, not so much. Or the day pa, nano, sorc and rangers appear on the scene pbs/terrorists and hippyvan/loudies dont seem quite so ominous.... and so on.

by stopping the round at one point and taking away a persons need to rush to thier best unit, and make use of thier advantage takes away the tactics and fun imo thats why each tech has different development times. sure use hooligans as best you can by flaking SGT. but to be there waiting to get to your big guns for a week is not for me.

I would like to say pom's can block PB quite easily if you REALLY think about it.. :p and I don't even mean last-tick.. (or with ACTUAL Poms..)

HV + LSP = pretty effective PB stopper.. not the best, but better than anything else in-game at the time..

Hoolis are better than HV for this

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
agree with toby. ..............

...........actual example
The day sgt, sd and guru come out yay, the day hoolis, privs, officer, serf come out...who cares.

but wait the day apps, pbs, shocks and paras come out hold the phone, where as your spikes/ninja or loudies, not so much.

Or the day pa, nano, sorc and rangers appear on the scene pbs/terrorists and hippyvan/loudies dont seem quite so ominous....

I would like to say pom's can block PB quite easily if you REALLY think about it.. :p and I don't even mean last-tick.. (or with ACTUAL Poms..)

HV + LSP = pretty effective PB stopper.. not the best, but better than anything else in-game at the time..
Hoolis are better than HV for this

LOL i never said anything against that, as i know this point already and intend to use it this round(once teched). were you tired again or was i unclear :p? what i was getting at was more

the day sgt/guru, come out is for all intents and purposes, the same day hooli/privs come out i didnt literately mean a different day. I meant from someone elses perspective. Sorcs get excited the day they get apprentices not serfs, gurus get excited for gurus more than prot leaders, hoolis arent excited till PB.etc. and if you carefully look at the routes and techs i mentioned at different points each route has a slight advantage over another. so at any point of time you stop developments you give one route the advantage for a longer period than any other route. Killing the dynamic.

ps.
pb come out before HVs and after you tech loudies, pb can be out and you are still waiting on engineering to get your hippyvans started. and to tech hippyvans may delay newsvans unless you can afford both. so yes they work i did know this :p but they arent out soon enough to take away that window of fun PBs have

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
LSP are out WAY before PB, and so are hoolis.. :p

HV wouldn't be too far behind, since after LSP, you can tech engineering and HV.. But as I said, hoolis are better than HV anyway :p

And you weren't unclear, but you didn't mention that little combo.. If this was implemented, you'd see a lot more of this

Davs

Garden Designer
personally I'm against this as I can't stand round starts and this looks like it would drag that out even more. BRING ON THE MID-ROUND CARNAGE!!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
LSP are out WAY before PB, and so are hoolis.. :p

HV wouldn't be too far behind, since after LSP, you can tech engineering and HV.. But as I said, hoolis are better than HV anyway :p

And you weren't unclear, but you didn't mention that little combo.. If this was implemented, you'd see a lot more of this

Yeah fair point, i did know/realise this lucky, Im not a complete beginner ;) I was looking at it from a solo point of view as well as allied point of view. being stuck with only prot leaders for the next 2 weeks as a solo would make me rage quit and give up till i could tech further and defend myself.

I think the routes are not properly balanced till fully teched, and mantain its a dynamic relationship (else azzer would give every tier the same development time).

So any freezing would give the edge to one route over another. but not in an intednded rock paper scissors (equal "routes you beat" as to "routes that beat you"). like example before, without stripping lsp dont even get 2:1 on wk or privates. let alone apprentices/pb/polb so if you freeze it thier the route is weak compared to whats out and not balanced to have a reasonable number of targets and adversaries, or stopping the ninja route before they get assassin, pa/pb/nano/loudies/heavy weapon/para/ so much beats them and yet they still have to get land the same as everyone else.

Last edited:

xvi

Harvester
Or we could just cut the length of the round in half :p

Would be much easier.

I like this, then you coulod make two partial rounds and those who buy p-unit would have access for both. Might be a way for Azzer to up sales with a dwindling playerbase. Just start the 2nd round rigth after the first!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
personally I'm against this as I can't stand round starts and this looks like it would drag that out even more. BRING ON THE MID-ROUND CARNAGE!!

Flak wars is so annoying. It's fake nostalgia that makes people think they like flak wars, if it went on for several weeks people would quit in droves. I can think of few things I would enjoy less than being "forced" to play with only portions of my route teched. That would utterly blow.

Say no to longer flak wars.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Well, to be fair, this thread doesn't suggest merely prolonging the "flak war" phase of the round. It suggests prolonging all phases, thus allowing people to enjoy every single unit their route can offer, without rendering them useless within 12 hours.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That's nonsense. Routes are designed to work as a whole, not piecemeal. I don't want to be stuck with apprentices and witches for weeks at a time. This suggestion is nonsense.

The only sensible comment so far is to halve round length. Regardless of profit considerations, it's the best idea so far.