Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester
Anyone else playing this?

Myself and a few guildies from WoW have taken a break until WotLK is out and have been gracing Warhammer with our presence. Not a bad game tbh (a million times better than AoC which was imo a total disaster). It focuses more on pvp than pve, with keep sieges, public quests and RvR (realm vs realm) quests/scenarios.

I'm on a RvR server (pure pvp) rather than Core, although if you don't want to be involved in pvp 24/7 Core is the way to go. Angie and myself are on Finuval Plain server on the Order side. The Destruction side is so full on all RvR servers that they're experiencing queues (which we're not), so I would suggest thinking carefully before rolling Destro (especially if rolling on our server). Also many RvR servers won't allow any more Destro sign-ups because of the capacity.

It's a fun game, and definately one that Age of Camelot fans should try out :)

P.S. If anyone should get this game and want to try it on our server, Order side, contact me ingame on Krysta or contact Angie on Freyja for a guild invite :)

Angela

Harvester
Re: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

It is a fun game! love the pvp in it :D

Souls

Official Helper

Destruction outnumbers Order almost 2:1 on every server. :(

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

To be perfectly honest, pvp isn't really my thing. Yet again, as in WoW, I find myself on a pvp server because that's where friends want to be :(

Dude

Weeder

I myself had a beta key from the very beggining so i saw the game transform through its different stages, although most things have been upgraded, and reworked, i still dislike the combat system and other aspects of the game. Although i have to agree that the RvR part of the game (its main focus imo) is truly amazing, and if you enjoy pvp then this game is probably perfect for you. I do now see that WoW is vaguely copying some of the nice new features that warhammer has introduced (achievements), and having seen them on wow i think they have done a better job with a stolen idea. I also think that wow has a nicer combat system, and a more in-depth character progression. So i think i'll stick with wow for the time being.

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

Oh I have no intention of giving up WoW!! I have pre-ordered my wotlk and have 3 characters to level 70-80 :)

Warhammer is a stop-gap until Nov 13th :D

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

LadyDarkAngel said:
Warhammer is a stop-gap until Nov 13th :D

hmmmmmm, you where looking for something to fill your gap, and you chose for a game?

what has to become of this world :/

:x-mas: