Top 5 Greatest Player Achievements

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Recently there has been a lot of negativism around in the forums, so I decided to make a thread which can only bring positive things and admirations instead of flames and trollings. This thread is about the pioneers in bush, people with different thinking who stand out of the crowd and so do their achievements.

Rank 1:
Round 16 - DarkSider - Being the first ever bounty hunter who used and abused L/F, XP and BH (bounty hunting) which has then been around for quite a few rounds and still he first did what many didn't bother to do or thought was impossible. Battles in which TLs defeat robots, SAs, Apaches and not only that, but making a profit out of it. I got killed 3 times by him that round, the most crazy battle was when he pwned my 30mln PA/15m CWs/10m TDs with his 100mln TLs and made a huge profit out of it. Not only that, but that round he created the stealth attack rolling (recall at end of tick and resend at the start of next one) which many used later and even nowadays.

Rank 2:
Round 16 - Sordes - The first and only Leader who managed to win a round with one alliance in times with ANAPs, rellying purely on politics and skill.

Rank 3:
Round 26 - Augustus - The biggest legal briber ever to exist. A PoM who had an army of 60 mln RPGs.

Rank 4:
Round 26 - DarkSider - The first player to win a public world with bunker route, and not only that but creator and leader of the bunker group which finished with 3 bunkers in top 10 (one of them suicided intentionally 2 ticks before end of round) that same round while having a clear dominant ally at rank 1.

Rank 5:
Round 19 - Cervantes - The first solo to win a public round (score wise). SA route, wasn't a bounty hunter (the fact he didn't have a red title allowed this). There wasn't a dominant alliance that round though, that is why I place his achievement at rank 5.

A honorable mention: Siers for his 4 times at rank 1.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
:) I don't disagree with any of those but some of mine are

1) this wont make me popular but Blackwolf won my respect in round 24 when he formed Cagnes_Pugnaces from the middle of the round to a stunning military and political win over Retarted.

2) Welshie and the dreaded dutchies. How many rounds was it that we hated them?

3) HisKrunkness , round 20, master irc spy extrordinairre. Oh those logs made me laugh.

4) I've seen Martin reach top 10 , restart, and finish top 10 again.

5) Darksider's bunker round was genius.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Actually, now that Tana mentioned it, Welshie is the leader that has led the most alliances (groups) to rank 1. He has won 7 rounds with his alliances:

1. Round 11 (SS + Hysteria)
2. Round 12 (Alcoholics + TZ)
3. Round 13 (Amnesia + Oblivion)
4. Round 15 (Praetoriani + Sin)
5. Round 17 (Valhalla + Symbiosis
6. Round 18 (Surreal + cappucino)
7. Round 27 (Hell)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
1) this wont make me popular but Blackwolf won my respect in round 24 when he formed Cagnes_Pugnaces from the middle of the round to a stunning military and political win over Retarted.

I'll try and do a full 5 later but this would definately feature somewhere.
I remember being recruited into Cagnes_Pugnaces by BW and being told we were just going to be inactive and have a bit of fun, and then he managed to (mid round) make everyone in the ally start playing awesomely...and we won the round!!! Was a bloody tough round, he doesn't let up!!! But a great round at the same time! And we had a HUGE BR in the last hour of the round, all of us mass defending iirc. It was awesome.

And HG, i think you mean a win over "Legends"? Who were miles ahead score wise but also points wise for a while.

Anyway, ill try and add 4 more later.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
These are mine, sure there is a couple people won't agree and the top 5 greatest achievements but they are things thats have affected me.

1) DarkSider Round 25 - Joined my alliance Pestiferous half way through the round and finished top 10 and rank 1 EFF. But the most amazing thing was this. He was Thug route and had only developed PBs/Jeeps/Bikers. No Terrors or TLs all round. The man was amazing!

2) Palid/Lem Very unknown to the Bushtarion community and hasn't played since he joined my alliance Genophobia in round 23. But the guy was unheard of and finished rank 1 in Bounty hunter, most damage to enemies AND EFF. He also finished rank 22 GV. The man was a machine, after that round he led User award points for 3 rounds in which he didn't have an ID...3 rounds it took people to catch him up, and thats because he quit! Best ever player in my opinion. Those who were in SOTB look him up, i can assure you will remember his ID.

3) DarkSider Round 26 - The rank one as a Bunker. Amazing, give the man any route and people will argue it is over powered! I was in Jizz the alliance that won that round, and i remember we were all just thinking, just leave the man be lol.

4) Azlev Round 29 - Purely for making one of the longest running alliances rank 1. The alliance being KHaoS, always makes me chuckle to see we managed it. Of course the line up was slightly different to normal but still so glad when we managed it!

5) Twigley + Podunk Round 25 - I want to give the award more to the alliances Enigma + Interlude But in my opinion i think those that played in that round will agree how fun that round was. Twigley just snatching the win off Pestiferous + Enigma. So i give them the award because that round was so up and down, and no matter how many times the 3 of us got beat down, one of us always came back.

I'm sorry but i wish i could do 6.

Cervantes I will agree with the first rank 1 solo. But also because i think this guy is the best land stealer in the game. I have only ever played against him and admired it from a distance. But this round he joined me and he truly is amazing. A true Bushtarion legend for his land stealing abilities IMO.

avash

Harvester
Darksider is the biggest legend ever imo by far, not as much his starts of scores but the stuff he did around it. Cervantes didnt do anything that impressive, I and a few others were way above him at one stage. He left went solo..and didnt get hit for ages not that impressive compared to what darksider did. Another epic thing was I think round 18
http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/portal_past_rankings.php?ShowRound=18

We had two alliances and held the top 10 places from about 20 hours in till the end of the round pretty impressive alliance feat I believe..not so individual but as 2 alliances very impressive I think.

Another amazing thing was when polo held a 2k bridge of land almost i think at some points more over anyone else in the game, round 16 I think.

I agree with alot of the others however I had the most bribed troops ever (illegally-well it wasnt against the rules at the time) does it count though :D. 100 mil sheilds, 150 mil hypnotists, 80 million tyrants and more. I was special ops lawllll.

Sorry f0xx, I thought this was a discussion :p

Last edited:

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

I'll try and do a full 5 later but this would definately feature somewhere.
I remember being recruited into Cagnes_Pugnaces by BW and being told we were just going to be inactive and have a bit of fun, and then he managed to (mid round) make everyone in the ally start playing awesomely...and we won the round!!! Was a bloody tough round, he doesn't let up!!! But a great round at the same time! And we had a HUGE BR in the last hour of the round, all of us mass defending iirc. It was awesome.

And HG, i think you mean a win over "Legends"? Who were miles ahead score wise but also points wise for a while.

Anyway, ill try and add 4 more later.

No I mean Retarted. We were ahead in effectiveness and rank 1 in points. Legends may have been a bigger value however, Blackwolf blackmailed all the smaller allies into continually hitting us to keep us down in the last 2 weeks fo the game so we couldn't have a chance to come back and retal cagnes

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I'll give more awards to alliances tho:

#1 A CTF pw with my alliance winning it. I don't like to give myself awards but this one was too good not to mention :p
Ally name was PrettyWomen ( I blame Twigley) and it was the most improbable win to ever happen in bush imo. We had rank 3 valuation and rank 1 and 2 wanted to steal our flag (pw had 3 flags) so we loose our #2 in flag points. We had a weak lineup and not too great activity and we really struggled to secure #2 FP. We had to deal with alot of bashing, one of the allies faking to draw def and other tryed to steal our flag, we defended and got lucky every time with them sending just bits of army expecting we will retal again and then we mass defended and killed them and all kind of impossible scenarios where we congratulated ourselfs before the tick for a good fight but it was just impossible to win against those odds and still every time a miracle happened.
We got 2 flags by another huge miracle and all we had to do was keep them till the end and we would have won. Our ally was so bad that in the last night of the PW when it was crucial to hold the 2 flags since we would have won by just about 20 flag points i logged in to find out nobody else was online :D All stars alligned for that win, it was a chance in a million so many miracles to happen in a row. But it was a great achievement :D

#2 & 3

Pie !
I don't give much or any credit to those who gather larger forces, send one no brainer attack vs rank 1 ally just to come back with the typical excuse "At least we tryed". However i value a great deal those who are successful with the smaller army. In round 16 Pie a second tier alliance under attack by the super force that was TGA decided to retal all by themselfs and landed on #1 alliance who was waaaay more powerfull than them. I remember thinking then wow, this guys are superheroes :D I had the same feeling a couple times after but just to find out it was the cheating thais.

Don't know who to put #2 and who #3 but Orgasm(i think) share the same merits as Pie. My memory fails me but i think Orgasm attacked by themselfs #1 ally which was one of the dutchies alliance and pwned them ? Can't really recall the whole events but if they really kill #1 all alone they go #2 :p

#4 Deloitte and the small jeeper army.
In the Hell round we had to deal with a few anoying solo's and i got to experience from the wrong side the anoyance of solo's who have nothing to loose and dedication to make you suffer :D

#5 Leftovers.
Usually a second tier alliance who ended on top and gave it's best to stay there. Didn't play that round but i heard they kinda struggled :D However the first alliance to win all the rankings, impressive achievement from the usual easy acre alliance :p

I should mention Welshie too who is imo the best ever leader in bush, not by tactical brilliance but charisma and a good dose of common sense and brains :p Probably the only player who could have asked me to biker rush a robot because it's part of the big picture and i'd fell for it :p

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hope this doesn't count as entirely off-topic, can always split in to a new thread if it diverts this thread so much... but a few months ago Blackwolf approached me with the idea of having a "Hall of Legends" (or similar wording) - players who's achievements were so great and so famous, that should be given a "permanent" place in history. I suggested writing a wiki article labelled "Legends" that could be linked to quite prominently. Though I think his idea was more players that did something for the game/community - either by helping run it for so long, doing particularly large volumes of work for the game design/code/text wise etc. (eg possible nominees would be Timster, Markb, Scorpion-Ice, Sordes of old, Angela, Bobbin, Weeble, Microchip, etc. etc.)... but the idea could also be used on a different page for particularly huge "legends" (infamous or famous) of more in-game activities... it'd always be subject to opinion, but I think if it was something the majority of players agreed upon was something spectacular, it might be a nice idea, a sort of "tip of the hat" to these people. DarkSider would probably top my list for the most epic player in terms of in-game actions/skill at the game, at least in the more "Modern" rounds :p

avash

Harvester
I hope this doesn't count as entirely off-topic, can always split in to a new thread if it diverts this thread so much... but a few months ago Blackwolf approached me with the idea of having a "Hall of Legends" (or similar wording) - players who's achievements were so great and so famous, that should be given a "permanent" place in history. I suggested writing a wiki article labelled "Legends" that could be linked to quite prominently. Though I think his idea was more players that did something for the game/community - either by helping run it for so long, doing particularly large volumes of work for the game design/code/text wise etc. (eg possible nominees would be Timster, Markb, Scorpion-Ice, Sordes of old, Angela, Bobbin, Weeble, Microchip, etc. etc.)... but the idea could also be used on a different page for particularly huge "legends" (infamous or famous) of more in-game activities... it'd always be subject to opinion, but I think if it was something the majority of players agreed upon was something spectacular, it might be a nice idea, a sort of "tip of the hat" to these people. DarkSider would probably top my list for the most epic player in terms of in-game actions/skill at the game, at least in the more "Modern" rounds :p

Agreed about the legends page but I disagree with some of the names in your list. I think it would be cool to have a page honouring the people who have played over 20 rounds over 5 years now and all the stuff these people have done.

I agree, darksider is my vote for the most epic player for actions/skill he has done stuff in the game no person ever had done before or even conceived of his ideas.
Polo for best starter
Cityguy for stealer (although there is a few others)
Martin for biggest balls and guts :D and doing what HE feels is the right way even though it may loose the round
Welshie for running the best group of all time
Blackwolf obviously deserves a mention
Siers for his activity..and rank 1s

Do I get nothing for most portal appearances :p? rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
All I can think of Avash is that old song...

'you're so vain... you probably think this thread is about you'

:D

i could give you a swift kick to the nuts for each of your portals? there won't be any money involved either like that other thread.

avash

Harvester
All I can think of Avash is that old song...

'you're so vain... you probably think this thread is about you'

:D

i could give you a swift kick to the nuts for each of your portals? there won't be any money involved either like that other thread.

What other thread, im confuseed :p i loose track of these forums.

And I don't get the song but theres arrogence and then theres Avash...

jokes :D!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
there was either a discussion or spam thread about would you take a shot to the nuts 3x per day for some ungodly amount of money.

the song is a couple decades old... with 'song' being replaced by 'thread'

i'm sure we could make an old codger's corner for you :D

or give you an award for the best dodger ;) I'm sure a couple of those portals were done completely by jumping off my back at the last second

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I just remembered another thing which DarkSider did that pwned.

About 10 ticks before end of round, he says to me. I'm going to make my score exactly 100bill.

8 7720 Pestiferous Spreading Signs Bikerphobia DarkSider 37,279 £100,000,000,000

The mofo only managed to do it exactly!

cervantes

Pruner
Cervantes didnt do anything that impressive, I and a few others were way above him at one stage. He left went solo..and didnt get hit for ages not that impressive compared to what darksider did.

Minor correction:
I was solo from the beginning that round, so I couldn't have "left went solo". I think you are mixing it up with r20, this was when I left my ally to become a high ranked solo (but I didn't win that round, I finished second). But I agree with you, I haven't done anything special and I don't think I am a legend, since there are many other players around that are way better than me. To name a few:

1) DarkSider.
THE best player in the game, at least for as long as I have been around. Whatever he did, either if he was solo or allied, he always kicked ass and surprised everyone. He truly is a legend.

2) Welshie.
He has led so many allies to victory, he is the most successful and I believe the best leader in the game. Simply legendary.

3) siers.
During the dutch/Welshie dominating times, one could usually bet that he is the one playing the rank 1 account.

4) Sordes.
Great player, great leader. Too bad I never played with him.

5) Polo.
The best starter in the game and always in the top.

Extra pick) BlackWolf.
Talking about legends, he cannot be left out, no matter how controversial he is seen these days. He and Virus were infamous and dominated Bush for quite some time and won several times.

Many other players deserve to be mentioned here, like f0xx, Martin, Twigley, Gohan (...) and all other players known for their skill and dedication and who have amazed me during my time on more than one occasions. But unfortunately I have to pick 5, and the above ones are the ones that came to my mind right away.

Matthew

BANNED
Rank 1

This is a joint vote going to Polo and Sordes for their contributions out of the game mainly in the forums with regards to Suggestions for improvement. I feel that these 2 guys were the main big suggestors and have resulted in many positive implementations for the game.

Rank 2

This goes to Darksider for his ingame efficiency. No real need for elaboration on this one.

Rank 3

Welshie for being the most effective leader of all time.

Rank 4

Blackwolf, love to hate the guy!

Rank 5

This supprising vote goes to TBA! Collectively managing to piss of 540 players and the actual creator of the game is quite a great acheivement for all the wrong reasons.

cb1202

Head Gardener
Rank 1: Darksider for being a pain in my ass for many rounds, even though he probably didn't know it cause he was a pain in everyones ass that was in range.

Rank 2: DoaX way back in round 6 for being a great politician. He was part of the winning ally that was successfully resisted by an ally with twice as many members. He kept the resistance ally from killing him, and then created a new ally once the resistance ally fell apart. (although he had some help from azzer you guys think not being able to defend for 90 minutes is bad how about azzer telling u have to kick 25 people out of your alliance by the next day damn mid round alliance size cap)

Rank 3: Would have to be Sordes, his contributions out of game as well as putting together a small group of people that dominated for quite a few rounds. Specific achievement would be leading Shadows to victory with only 13 people in round 7 (with a little help from pathosis).

Rank 4: Cervantes for getting the first win as a solo

Rank 5: Kuda for proving to everyone that in the right hands even VD can pwn

edit: thought Doa was first but was wrong so changed it

Last edited:

Matt

Harvester
ok so knowone really knows who i am,
and probably wont care what i say but my first ever round in bush was back in round 4, i joined mid way through some of my high school friends led me into this game. this is back when if i remember correctly there were online Mil, prot and thug routes.

well in round 5 i joined my friends ally (New Order) and if you care to look back it was literally 13 ppl vs and ally of 90... it was such a fun round with inc's etc.... but the one person i remeber form that ally other than my friends was a guy called richeh.... with 101k acres and i dont think that kind of land has been acheived much ever since! so i fort he needed a mention, and the whole ally needed a mention for having only 13members against 90.