Steam Addicts Anonymous

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I have a steam problem. I have gotten in on so many sales that I can't work and possibly play them all.

Please, send help, send money, so that I may quit my job and finish these games!

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
well i took some advantages of the recent holiday sale. was a good time. today tho (and for the next 30 hrs) was the jedi knight series. 5 games for under $8. i had only played jedi outcast previously, but now I own the set. muahahahahahahahaha.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
I've stopped myself from buying from any steam sales until I finish a game other than playing DotA.

It's not even that I don't have time to play games, I just play too much DotA :/

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I have no conscious idea of how anybody enjoys that game. At all. Worst balance system ever.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
What, Jedi Outcast?

Hell no, online JO was absolutely awesome - I'm talking about DotA. Really not sure what the big lure is tbh when the game requires constant balance updates due to obscene abuse of units that become OP due to the previous updates.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
What, Jedi Outcast?

Hell no, online JO was absolutely awesome - I'm talking about DotA. Really not sure what the big lure is tbh when the game requires constant balance updates due to obscene abuse of units that become OP due to the previous updates.

Oh I see. Well I disagree somewhat. There are always going to heroes that work better in different situations, whether you're playing 'individually' in a public game with random people or as a five-man team with better coordination etc.

Moreover, at the top levels there are certainly going to be a small group of heroes that suit the current meta-game- currently there seems to be a penchant for five-man ganking as early as possible.

Still, I think most heroes are useful. There are probably exceptions. I haven't played all the characters yet (despite being over 250 hrs in) so don't really have a thorough handle on it. I think it's a good sign that they are introducing the balances- shows they are keeping an eye on everything.

This is somewhat related- a company which definitely hasn't kept things in balance is Nintendo with Pokemon. Each new generation has skewed things completely to the point where some characters are completely unusable in any situation, even just the bog-standard game. I also don't really like how they seem to have changed the game from one of strategy with defensive walls, leads and hazard traps in addition to the sweepers to just a maelstrom of over-the-top sweepers all over the shop.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Pokemon couldn't be a competitive game viably beyond R/S/E anyway. But the point is I don't like the damn thing :p

Max

Garden Designer
Jenga - now there's a game that just becomes more and more unbalanced as the game goes on.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I thought this was a 'getting older and ending up with more stuff to do' problem, than specifically steam...
I've got a handful of games I bought for the xBox (360) that I've still yet to get round to playing!!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I thought this was a 'getting older and ending up with more stuff to do' problem, than specifically steam...
I've got a handful of games I bought for the xBox (360) that I've still yet to get round to playing!!

I got gta 5 for my birthday, Riptide & Max Payne 3 at Xmas and I still haven't finished any of them. F*cking dark souls.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

While true enough, my desktop was about 10+ years old and I had gotten the kids a wii. So, I never upgraded from the original xbox or anything for a long time. This xmas season I got a decent gaming PC and decided to see what steam was all about, etc.

I'm 12 again. Enjoying old and new games alike.

P.S. for anyone that hasn't looked saints row IV is free to play for the next 2 days.