• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

s

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Teh Charliez Bee has spoketh.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I imagine this is a coding issue that would be tricky to get around, the name of the unit being stored in one place - there are other instances in game where the "s" isn't appropriate.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm saying that, with an admittedly limited knowledge of coding :p, unit names are probably stored in one place in the database and one place only. Everything else merely sources from this "value". Storing the same data twice is called data redundancy, if I remember correctly.

In short, I may well be wrong, but I believe the code that generates a BR sources the unit name from the same place the overview does when it tells you how much of each unit you have.

As for instances where "s" isn't appropriate, how about when there is only one unit involved in the fighting? "1 allied yobs attacked and killed". You get my drift.

Tackling this issue would take more than a couple of minutes and more than that quite simply isn't worth the effort IMO :p

Madmeater

Harvester
> "1 allied yobs attacked and killed"
> yob
> killed

wat

sorry, just being a smartarse :)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I'm saying that, with an admittedly limited knowledge of coding :p, unit names are probably stored in one place in the database and one place only. Everything else merely sources from this "value". Storing the same data twice is called data redundancy, if I remember correctly.

In short, I may well be wrong, but I believe the code that generates a BR sources the unit name from the same place the overview does when it tells you how much of each unit you have.

As for instances where "s" isn't appropriate, how about when there is only one unit involved in the fighting? "1 allied yobs attacked and killed". You get my drift.

Tackling this issue would take more than a couple of minutes and more than that quite simply isn't worth the effort IMO :p

what is the chance of 1 guy to fire instead of lets say >1
what is the chance that you hire 1 guy instead of lets say >1

the odds are on our side! well, charlies side.

Souls

Official Helper

what is the chance of 1 guy to fire instead of lets say >1
what is the chance that you hire 1 guy instead of lets say >1

the odds are on our side! well, charlies side.

IF unit value is equal to 1
THEN "unit"
ELSE "unit"S

:D

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
cybernetic t-rexs
hippys
geo phys thiefs
mummys

Just 4 out of the top of my head where adding an 's' doesn't do the trick :p

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It wouldn't exactly be the most challenging thing for Azzer to add a "plural" version of each unit's name in the database...

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Charlie B's words are lore. I think it was Confucius who said so. Or maybe Lao Tzu.

Anyway, it must be done.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Hello.

[close] 672,305 hostile Violent Demonstrator attacked, killing 549,638 allied staff

should be:

[close] 672,305 hostile Violent Demonstrators attacked, killing 549,638 allied staff

This is, of course, true for every unit - not just VDs.

That is all.

Never noticed this before but now you've brought it up i keep seeing it!

Agreed. Little change but for the best! :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
hmm, does this mean charlie b is playing? or it was so gramatically incorrect he saw it in his mind, i wounder why spirey/bunion didnt suggest this sooner, he's the grammar nazi. Ps it makes no difference to me if its gramatically correct or not azzer, take your time. all i see is a jumble of letters and before they register i know what the unit is, anything else is superfluous to my needs.

but still well spotted. for over 30 rounds and no one else spotted it?