R49 discussions

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Dax i think you are a great guy, so hope i dont offend you, that said. I am terrible on the forums for spelling and grammar. That's not because i dont know how, but because i am a twice through kind of guy. I make my point then i correct spelling and grammar, becuase i want to get the point down first and my typed english is indifferent at best. So often i value my time far too much to give my post the required re-read due to my poor english skills. That said give me maths and science and ill show you where my fortay lies and pleasingly my pay cheque reflects this, so like i give a damn.

When i did mock gcses in english i got a c for my analysis of a poem but an A star for creative writing. In short my ideas are beyond my ability to express them and i stick to my strengths, if people cant get on my page with my poorly written words and incentive they just arent worth the time required to explain it to them. Further more writing on an ipad drunk or hungover or annoyed or happily ignorant, means when i misspell or make a mistake its soo much easier to run with it, than **** about for half an hour just to impress every one with my litracy skills. So im afraid i have to agree with the consensus that if you care more how i make my point than what my point is; its your loss.

On a side: as for drugs i dont recommend them to people it personal choice, so no peer pressure from me. But i enjoy all experiences in life, and genuinely feel i have gained from my experiences with drugs and wouldnt change that. im more knowledgeable about that side of life and the affects from first hand experience and now in a more informed place to judge and decide. But i dont need to smoke an ounce a week to enjoy my life, so i tend not to. Also i dont think they should legalise any drugs. although im comfortable and know restraint the common man isnt, binge drinking is my case and point.

Though i do see your point. The english language isnt amaze balls, its a very limited tool, but some of the ideas, thoughts, storys and concepts expressed through it are beautiful. And made more so by the preciseness of expression correct grammar and spelling allow. So we are privalleged to be educated enough to read and all that paid for by taxes (why hate them?). And seeing half the school drop out chavs with six kids and housing benefit does sometimes make me feel upset and think what a waste of a human brain. You may as well be a wild dog cared for and ignorant, and it is reflected in thier poor grasp of the human language. But not every one showing a poor grasp of language is a wasted person, they probably just have more important ways to spend thier time. So please don't let it annoy you too much

^here.. here... well said Willy!
Although I spotted some grammatical errors and there are a few red lines under some words LOL

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This shows you just how little The Boat leaked :p Didnt have much on them. This was when Adra were just ahead.

Adra_zps0ebda1ec.jpg

TheBoat_zps686e8252.jpg

It was very clear with little work that The Boat had some players that could be killed. 3 players at this stage didnt have any activity on them for 4 days straight. The 2 that say "Too inactive to tell" plus signer was clearly on holiday or something.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I must say, that's some impressive intel gathering Twiglet. A tip of the cap. But then again, you shouldn't really expect much less.

I keep round-by-round records of individuals that I often just template into the relevant alliance layouts, but even they aren't that detailed.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
That's interesting, Twigley. It's almost exactly like the intel sheet I've got. May I ask what date you collected this intel?

Tbf Avash proved to not be a SQ in that alliance

Yeah, I'd second this statement. I've played with Avash more times than not, and I've never known him to not be willing to take a land hit or stay on a target that would cost him if it served a greater good. To be fair, his morale has never broken even when taking multiple land hits in a row - and I know a lot of good old school players who'd leave on the instant they'd take 2-3 land hits.

Thanks for the round, everyone. This was probably the most enjoyable round I've ever had. :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
That's interesting, Twigley. It's almost exactly like the intel sheet I've got. May I ask what date you collected this intel?

Session Start: Tue Jul 09 13:05:33 2013
Session Ident: ed

About 2 hours before that i *THINK*. May have done it the night before. Gave both alliance's lists to ed. He pieced in some blanks that i had for Adra too.

I had a boredom rain day where i did the same for every alliance. And then edited my player notes for the entire top 200 to look like:

Toby | Funderdome | Pom
Solo | Striker | Pnaps: xxx, xx

Makes it so much easier to see whats going on and who is hitting who.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
just an observation but if you know the player to id info, why do you need a spreadsheet?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Twigley: then you're correct with your observation of vacation. I'm glad you didn't exploit it :p
Yeah, I use a similar player note system: Ally - Route - Nick - TZ

Cyrus: You need the spreadsheet to get an overview. You need to elevate yourself from the pieces to be able to see the whole puzzle, and to spot weakness etc.