R49 discussions

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
doesn't everyone know that 4am - 6am is the weakness in most allis?

you don't need spreadsheets for that

edd

Tree Surgeon
I know a few who use spreadsheets to determine AR calcs and unit health/armour/HD/AD.

Not for me though, i suck with excel :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I don't think that's the point.

i must be missing something :(

Twigley's spreadsheets were there for everyone in his alliance to use, so they knew when to attack who, which was particularly useful for Urken and Scally, which are the alliances they'd target with a "pick and send" kind of attack.
He did the intel for the top whatever alliances, so his ally-mates didn't have to. Fair play to him

No-Dachi

Official Helper

you don't need spreadsheets for that

The point is that this is not always the case. It depends on the ally. Further on, you might not be able to exploit that time-window, even if it is their weakest time. Then you'd need to know their second weakest time. Also, knowing the offline times of key players can enable you to either force your opponents hand by targetting them if they are UC. If they are not, but are sleeping, they may not get up in time to send eta 5 units, and might not be awake not to plan properly. In a prolonged war intel like this can be crucial to targetting, and proper planning and targetting beats random hits any day of the week.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Twigley: then you're correct with your observation of vacation. I'm glad you didn't exploit it :p

Well I was busy with work last round. My time went towards securing atleast rank 3 for DW.

-

Also, knowing the offline times of key players can enable you to either force your opponents hand by targetting them if they are UCIn a prolonged war intel like this can be crucial to targetting, and proper planning and targetting beats random hits any day of the week.

+ I dunno if you realise but the wave that properly broke you when people started leaving was around 1am. The time me and Ed were talking about you prolly being most weak compared to Boat who usually had alot on.

-

Twigley's spreadsheets were there for everyone in his alliance to use, so they knew when to attack who, which was particularly useful for Urken and Scally, which are the alliances they'd target with a "pick and send" kind of attack.

Yeah pretty dead on here. We used the Urken and KaTet intel religously when doing hits on them. We just hit the ones that were meant to be offline and most of the time it resulted in us 0ing them and stealing masses of land.

For me it took all the thinking out of it. I massed bikers and could just scan for the POM, see when he was usually offline and send.

They were even more useful for people in our alliance who could only be on for 2-3 hours a day so would need to send as soon as they got on. They could easy scan a target and go. It also meant people had NO excuse not to send on a route they could beat :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
well when you say we 'broke' the two members who planned on leaving, left, leaving us with 17.

but yeah, i get the point

edd

Tree Surgeon
+ I dunno if you realise but the wave that properly broke you when people started leaving was around 1am. The time me and Ed were talking about you prolly being most weak compared to Boat who usually had alot on.

Before it comes out that Twigley is the reason we won, it's worth pointing out that we did 2 waves before that as well :p

It just happened to be the first time we had enough people to actually do a third wave in a row.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Well yeah i wasnt suggesting that but it was interesting to bring that fact around that you were naturally strong at 1am.