Help? Doesn't make sense

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I don't buy it. Yobs were getting 3/4:1 on wheelies at the beginning of this round.

hippies do more armour damage then guru ^_^

Indeed they do.

that due to the targetting system sir.
Guru target inn/nlt/nld which means * If a unit targets 3 class, then 50% is directed at their primary target, 35% at the secondary target, and 15% at the tertiary target class.

so of your 2,5m gurus only 1,25m accually fired on inn to begin with.

This, however, is already accounted for in the 1:5-ish ratio people operate with. Thus it is irrelevant. The rest of your post is of course correct, and probably the reason why his defence failed. Although the number does seems deceivingly small.

But I guess with a lack of hippies there, and maximum disfavoring of the luck-factor of the BRs combined with the per cent age of wheels actually targetted could make up for it.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
No idea what you guys are talking about. Hippies 'armour damage' would be flakked by the gardeners in every BR - it wouldn't swing the yobs:wheelies ratio at all. Plus the fact that im pretty sure hippies themselves do enough health damage that they would distract any geo's they strip enough armor from.

deathscythe

Weeder
I don't buy it. Yobs were getting 3/4:1 on wheelies at the beginning of this round.

hippies do more armour damage then guru ^_^

Indeed they do.

that due to the targetting system sir.
Guru target inn/nlt/nld which means * If a unit targets 3 class, then 50% is directed at their primary target, 35% at the secondary target, and 15% at the tertiary target class.

so of your 2,5m gurus only 1,25m accually fired on inn to begin with.

This, however, is already accounted for in the 1:5-ish ratio people operate with. Thus it is irrelevant. The rest of your post is of course correct, and probably the reason why his defence failed. Although the number does seems deceivingly small.

But I guess with a lack of hippies there, and maximum disfavoring of the luck-factor of the BRs combined with the per cent age of wheels actually targetted could make up for it.

the whole post was to reply to awnser this question of razorwolf ftr ;)
i just dont seem to understand how 1.7m guru just sat there like a bump on a log and didnt distract hardly any wheelies?

nopjes

Head Gardener
No idea what you guys are talking about. Hippies 'armour damage' would be flakked by the gardeners in every BR - it wouldn't swing the yobs:wheelies ratio at all. Plus the fact that im pretty sure hippies themselves do enough health damage that they would distract any geo's they strip enough armor from.

Wrong,
There is a significant difference between between having 0.8 hippy on every wheelie(the average flakwar mob ratio) before the yobs fire, meaning there already stripped a bit.
Or,
Having 500k hippy's on 7m hostiles(barely any hippy stripping wheelies)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Wrong,
There is a significant difference between between having 0.8 hippy on every wheelie(the average flakwar mob ratio) before the yobs fire, meaning there already stripped a bit.
Or,

The significant difference is that all the flak is gone for the yobs to fire on pure wheelies. It also means the hippies will distract more wheelies/geos themselves, but there's no way hippies dont do enough health damage to leave stripped wheelies.

nopjes

Head Gardener

Wrong,
Or,

The significant difference is that all the flak is gone for the yobs to fire on pure wheelies. It also means the hippies will distract more wheelies/geos themselves, but there's no way hippies dont do enough health damage to leave stripped wheelies.

now i havent seen exact stats etc, but i think they do;p

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I know what armor stripping is tyvm. Obviously if hippies are stripping armor they can do the health damage - So I don't really know what you're getting at.

CFalcon

Official Helper
i just dont seem to understand how 1.7m guru just sat there like a bump on a log and didnt distract hardly any wheelies?

The confusion comes from thinking the game is any any way "smart" :p

Damage isn't assigned unit by unit, one after the other, until all the enemies are gone and the rest can go on to the next target. If you have 1m gurus, and the enemy is attacking with 1m gard 10k geo, the game doesn't say "right, we need 200k gurus for the gards, then the rest go on geos".

Instead, it assigns damage based on the ratios of the numbers of units there, regardless of if they're tough/easy to take down. So in the 1m gard 10k geos example, instead of 200k gurus going on the gardeners and the rest on the geos (which is what you'd LIKE to happen), 99% of the gurus go on the gardeners and less than 1% on the geos, because the geos make up less than 1% of the total units there.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Oh, and Iamsmart is right in his description of armour stripping, but wrong in his assumption that hippies have enough HD to distract any wheels they strip.

Nopjes is just wrong.

nopjes

Head Gardener
the br shows that they get 1:10 on wheelies without "hippy stripping" and he said himself that they get 1:4 during flakwars. so i dont understand what i said wrong at your qoute.
pretty much like snipers getting 130:1 on bunker without rpg firing first and maybe 5:1(with correct ratio's) with them

CFalcon

Official Helper
*sigh*

You said that "if hippies are doing armour damage, then they can do HD" is wrong.

This is *NOT* wrong.

That's all I was trying to say.

Obviously, what you meant was "if hippies are doing armour damage, then they can do enough HD to distract the wheels" is wrong. But that's not what IAS actually typed there. So you see, what you quoted, what you typed, and what you meant have all become completely different things, leading to people misunderstanding you and not knowing wtf you're on about. This is what happens when you a) don't read b) don't explain properly.

The report shows yobs getting about 7:1 on wheels. That's a slightly poor ratio, but not outside the bounds of possibility. Just unfortunate with the random factor.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I think it's all a bit silly arguing over something as petty. Obviously, there were a fair few Wheelies in that mob (probably the default starting amount at this point in the round), and it threw the yob ratio a bit. Simple!

Ranzou

Harvester
Well there's no way in hell that yobs ordinarily get 7.82:1 on wheelies (as the BR shows), and that it would be brought all the way down to 3-4:1 just by having hippies there instead of gurus. Hippies don't strip that much more armour than gurus. If that were true, it would be common knowledge, and Geos (not wheelies) wouldn't be as valuable as they are.

If it's just 'bad luck' and part of the randomness built into the game then it's pretty stupid - you never see a 100% random swing in performance on the same units - it's perhaps 10-20% at best (see the best ratios thread). I'm betting there's another factor. Someone spy/hack the IDs?

Last edited:

Razorwolf

Pruner
Kinda too late to hack/spy aint it? And I guess it was just bad luck, I've just never seen something that retarded before

Razorwolf

Pruner
Also another question. You guys going on about how the guru only bothered to target the gards, now obviously both gards and wheelies are inn, why wouldnt they target both equally? Seems retarded to me. It should be targeting what class it is, not depending on how easy they are to beat