Going Blind in My Old Age?

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester
There used to be a link to our old forums but I just can't find it. Is it just me losing my eye-sight or is anyone else experiencing the same blindness? :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
The link to the old-old forums (before the server change a year and a bit back) is gone. They were kept for a year and then deleted as nobody expressed a need for them anymore.

Tis a shame, most of it was useless now but i think the ally stories/suggestions sections might have been cool to keep.

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester
Bah... if that's true that is the stupidest thing ever to be done. It is akin to burning history books... absolute travesty!!!

:whipped: Azzer :bad-words:

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I second that.

Talking about old stuff gone, doesn anyone happen to have the old BR of Darryl's TLs against Puppeteer's ninjas?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I join in with the condemnation, I think deleting the old forums was not a great idea. I don't think people were using/visiting them regularly, but that doesn't seem a good enough reason to simply axe the entire forums. For Shame! Book Burner!

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Yep, as I already said in another thread, it really is an epic fail on Azzer's part. To this day I have no idea why he felt the need to delete them. It really does feel like he's wiped the bushtarion history. *facepalms*

AndyM

Pruner
I saw a reference to the old 'bushtarion song' and had a search for it and couldn't find it - just a dead link to the old forums :(

On a side note, does anyone still have it? It would be good to hear it again ^^

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I saw a reference to the old 'bushtarion song' and had a search for it and couldn't find it - just a dead link to the old forums :(

On a side note, does anyone still have it? It would be good to hear it again ^^

I do believe this works....

not exactly a legend, but i can't remember his name but THE SONG: no more seeds to grow. one of the best things about bush haha

WhiteManCan'tSing_-_No_More_Seeds.ogg

It can be played on winamp.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Indeed a big loss. :(

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't realise anyone cared for it that much :p I used to check the stats for people who'd viewed it and they were always next to nothing, nobody mentioned them or linked to them on the newer forums (perhaps the very odd rarity related to a suggestion), and nobody had commented or said "Nooooo!" to the initial plans from when the "old forums" first become an "archive" where I said I'd keep them up for 6 months then remove them (they ended up staying for around 14+ months or so).

As for a history - the portal histories never disappear, but also people could (and should!) be utilising the wiki articles which allows you to enter details per round, per alliance, histories, stories etc. that can (and will) be kept forever! Perhaps this should prompt people to start utilising the wiki as a "history source" - you can go in and fill in what you remember/know of older rounds (if you're wrong/missing bits, others can edit in more details easily enough), and start filling in the history of the last round whenever a round ends. They can be used as a concise, easily referenced history forever! :)

Anyway, sorry for the old forums loss - I guess it's one of those things - nobody really cares about it until it's gone ;)

Charlie_B

Harvester
Deleting the old forums just gives older players one less reason to feel a part of the bush community and one less reason to keep in touch. It's like photographs from when you were younger - people don't look at them every week, but you'd hate them to be burnt in a fire. A big shame.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Pretty cool atsan.

It only appears to have about 40 threads though spanning all areas of the forums but its better than nothing!