Global Pols arrrggghh it is a pain to read

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Re: Global Pols arrrggghh it is a pain to read

f0xx said:
Make it so that only the ?helpers? can post. If an alliance wants something to be on the G-spot then an officer will have to talk to one.

Quite simple it is, make it like a newspaper.

Great idea imo! n1
Add a media crew, responsible for press coverage. If they suck at their jobs, they get fired :p
This way, only non-bias ppl get to do it

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Cyrus said:
Alcibiades said:
I <3 Clem.....

I couldn't agree with you more, the more people whine, the more I hit them....

Cyrus: wtf man? Read, observe, think, *then* respond...

missed this bit, yeah that comment there, thats the same thing we all think, the more you guys whine, the more you get hit?

we don't whine much afaik. I see one post about 'bashing' by crumpet and that was justified, and everyone has written a post like that in their time on bushtarion so that's hardly call for saying we whine all the time :p

And about bashing the lower alliances: we have ID lists of alliances that don't defend, they simply 'don't', so you Cyrus, are telling me that instead of hitting targets where i'm guaranteed land and probably a few kills, i should target an alliance that i won't get through on even *if* i tried to bash my way through with all my ally mates? jeez, that's smart.... :roll:

and we have organized maybe one or two ally attacks this whole round, it's DW, we're just too lazy. The closest we get to organized attacks are these hits on ID lists we have that don't defend us: where 3-4 of us hit a coupla targets (we're usually 1 to a tick, with a few occasions where there might be 2 on a tick) and then a few solos join in, and a few of of smaller ally players come in to follow up for land. I'd hardly call that bashing, it's barely waving :p

Let me reiterate for your inner idiot, Cyrus, 3-4 targets, 1-2 to a tick...

As far as declaring on Pest goes, i think it was for ***** and giggles, we get a fair bit of inc from Pest so figured we might as well give them longer injury returns for when we defend against them ;) Can you blame us? We never said we were going to kill Pest, or if we did it was drug addled and alcohol riddled foolishness :p

We're DW, we play to have fun. And we're having fun, are you? :D

Franny

Head Gardener

Can we also ban Average Joes and Avalanche, Infact any alliance that posts utter rubbish about bashing should be banned imo.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Chewie said:
then why does desolution use it frequently?

what alliance do you speak of?

and if you meant desolation, weve not created any threads, we dont use it for poltics, private ftw? and we dont whine on there.

kthxbai chewie?

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Desolation declare war on Discworld - created by Desolation m/o

seriously cyrus just dont post anywhere you re making yourself look sillier by the minute

Souls

Official Helper

IMO it's not GPols that's the problem, it's the people that feel the need to treat it like a penis pump. ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

this is the first global pols topic i came across so im posting here...it is in response to the gpols post quoted below...

I'd like to point out khaos are such bashers they sent like 300mil in mobs at me and there were all double my size, go grow a backbone guys!

oh god, not 300m mob...and..was there like 2 or 3 of them? oh noes!!!

/sarcasm

(sorry, just needed to gripe)

Alvestein

Garden Designer

pinpower did you not notice who posted that post...

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Melnibone said:
Desolation declare war on Discworld - created by Desolation m/o

seriously cyrus just dont post anywhere you re making yourself look sillier by the minute

are you serious. hahahahahahaha

we havnt made any whining threads.

we made that thread 2 days after i posted.

and we made that thread as a war thread.

please find quotes where we use politics. you wont find any we are our own alliance thanks.

CFalcon

Official Helper

Franny said:
Can we also ban Average Joes and Avalanche, Infact any alliance that posts utter rubbish about bashing should be banned imo.

Perhaps you'd like to back up that AJs request with some evidence?

On topic, I'm a fan of the idea where alliance's submit stuff to an impartial team who sort out what goes up on GPols, whether it's helpers or a group specifically chosen for the purpose. GPols as it is now is a waste of space, it only fuels frustration and misunderstandings.

So yeah, either make it relevant, or get rid of it and move it back to the forums, where everyone can have a say. Forums activity has definately dropped off over the last few rounds.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Cyrus said:
Chewie said:

and if you meant desolation, weve not created any threads, we dont use it for poltics, private ftw? and we dont whine on there.

kthxbai chewie?

Emmm you state you do not use it and you do not create threads in this post

2 Days later you create a thread about war, btw using globalpols for a war dec is a political action as whether it is your intention or not it alerts other allies and solos to a war situation which they will monitor to see if they can steal free acres so politically it is a good move to do so as it will keep your enemy receiving incomings even when your not sending, if you are too stupid to realise this will happen then i suggest speaking to some of your ally members who have experience of manipulating politics e.g Tim

Post edited to remove flames. - Darryl

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Melnibone said:
Cyrus said:
Chewie said:

kthxbai chewie?

Emmm you state you do not use it and you do not create threads in this post

2 Days later you create a thread about war, btw using globalpols for a war dec is a political action as whether it is your intention or not it alerts other allies and solos to a war situation which they will monitor to see if they can steal free acres so politically it is a good move to do so as it will keep your enemy receiving incomings even when your not sending, if you are too stupid to realise this will happen then i suggest speaking to some of your ally members who have experience of manipulating politics e.g Tim

well first of all the war declaration wasnt aimed to make anyone hit Dw and ive turned down many offers of help to hit DW. first of all because thats low, secondly we dont need it and thirdly we are doing a good enoguh job as it is.
k thanks byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Tim posted on GP, he will tell you i was reluctant to post on there.

when i first stated we dont create threads it was meant as we dont make threads to moan or about resistances etc.

now melnibone, i may be an idiot you may think i contradict myself (which i dont, you jsut choose to read whatever gives you the best angle to have a good comeback from)
get over yourself.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

hmmm well its not a question of getting over myself its simple facts

you post you dont create threads, nowhere in your original post does it say except war threads, you've been caught being a hypocrite and every post since is just digging the hole deeper

as for not using it as a political tool 2nd post on your thread in Global Pols

As leader of Khaos, I would like to say that we had no clue that anyone else was attacking DW on the two strikes that we lead. Apologizes to DW for it not looking like a one on one battle. DW deserves a one on one battle.

So within half a day other allies are 'joining in' are you really that naive that you think people will not take advantage? either way ignorance is never an excuse, global politics (even war declarations) are politics and you used them to your advantage

So emmmm the cry of hypocrite still stands pity the facts dont back up your excuses so you can wriggle out of it maybe you should get over yourself :lol:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

maybe if you knew anything or looked into anything you'd be able to talk facts? khaos had been hitting DW. we attacked them after khaos. DW them played the "we're getting bashed card" when infact we'd never raped Dw with khaos.

and about the second post in my GP let me jsut think who posted that, probably you or another nobo in your alli that doesnt know anything.

again go away read all the FACTS fully come back and try again. you fail to prove anything other than speculation.

*he shoots, he scores*
*bows*

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Haha so not only do you drum up support for a war against DW with a global pols post you actually picked a fight after theyd been raped by Khaos my god your so good :)

And my alliance is Enigma you know the one thats been raping your land since you stopped having 5 other allies to attack us with? So not from me or anyone in my nobo ally lol (in case you have problems reading or thinking that was Khaos)

Darryl

Head Gardener

Flames removed, with warnings issued, I don't expect to see anymore of it.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Why not make the global politics a mite more strict in what can be posted:

War declarations: When an ally declares war on another, they get a newscast with one short statement

"Last night at 02.00 GMT "ONEally" declared war on "GonnaHurtBad". The MO of ONEally releashed a statement to the effect that This gonna hurt, but nuff said, we're gonna rape your acres and steal your women!.

The other ally gets a chance to reply:

The Leader of GonneHurtBad replied to the declaration with Yeahyeahyeah, we'll let the LETs do the talkin!

After that both allies can choose once per game-week (i.e 7 hours) to release an update: all gains and losses in the war between the two allies is then posted with a short statement:

Reports show that ONEally so far have killed 1,300,891,997 billions worth of GonnaHurtBad's staff, for a loss of only 677,052,880 billion. They have also bribed 123,041,077 billions worth of their enemies staff. In total 12061 acres have been captured. The leader of ONEally commented on the reports with: Everything is going according to plan.

Simmilar for Wars ending...

Add to that one single thread were all alliances who recruit get one newscast, and one thread were all alliances who go public or private gets one newscast.

Augustus

Head Gardener

A good suggestion Enrico, I definitely think that war declaration threads should be deleted if they are exceptionally old or have a severe lack of BRs and heavily populated with Spam. There is a lot of crap in G-Pols and every time I read them I end up wondering why I bothered. Maybe another solution is a forum link in G-Pols related to each war declaration so that all the spammers are still happy, but those of us who cba to read all their crap can view the BRs in G-Pols but can choose to avoid the forum link.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

IMO-its boring. I read it to start with. but it seems like all lies misdirection threats and pointless rants. I like the idea. even as a solo. but i lost interest because im not in an alliance nor if i was would i be in the position to post. it seems like even with rotation of mo and co its a conversation between 10-15 people some of them are muppets. some of them need to get out more. and some of them are bullies.

so yess i agree

CLem said:
GPols is rubbish, and it is even more rubbish when stupid people.. claim... they will pwn whoever... then some people babble on about bashing....

ive had one philosiphy. put your money where your mouth is. do the buisness then brag. pre fight bragging is all bs :bhead:

sure no one is falsing me to read global pols. so thats why im not. but its taking up space on my left side of the bushtarion page. on every page.

I cant hide it without hiding the whole of my main options. And why is it a main option. its not. even in an allaince theres only 3 ppl that can use that page at any point in time. and only about 10 alliances that use it to any great extent.

I wouldnt moan gripe whine and in general dick on the page. if i liked it. And id like it better if it was divided into different sections and moderated.

the possible sections sections

Global politics:

-War declerations
-moans/gripes/rants
-spam
-general chat.
-conspirocy theories

that way i could read and find anything that is relavent with out having to read boring pointless posts. with people posting offtopic. but by the time you do that its basically like forums. except its only for those who care enough, to lead an allaince or be of any position of responsibility within the alliance